• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hybrid offers

alhanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are attending a MVC presentation this week. What combination of hybrid offers (properties plus points) are currently being offered?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
FWIW, if seriously interest in a hybrid, and based on recent threads, you are probably better off calling central sales and discuss what your point goal is. The program seems to be limited at the moment and the weeks available can vary.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A second on TXTortoise's comment. That said, I bought my hybrid through a salesrep I had worked with before who sent me an email with all the properties they had available and I picked based on likelyhood to use the week as a week, number of points I wanted, initial cost, and MFs.

I've since gone to a number of 'information sessions' and they usually devolve into an annoying game of Blind Man's Bluff. Do you want this week? How about that one? I can't say for certain that an in person sales office wouldn't show you the list of what they currently have in inventory if you asked...but it seems unlikely.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, if seriously interest in a hybrid, and based on recent threads, you are probably better off calling central sales and discuss what your point goal is. The program seems to be limited at the moment and the weeks available can vary.
Agreed, I've never seen a hybrid offer from a US based resort sales office. It might have happened but I've talked to several over the last few years with money on the table and they either played dumb or they were completely unaware of the option.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I had an offer of a hybrid at the NYC Pulse just this past summer. It was an offer of a Custom House unit and 2000 points, so yes you can get them offered at a US based resort.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I've never seen a hybrid offer from a US based resort sales office. It might have happened but I've talked to several over the last few years with money on the table and they either played dumb or they were completely unaware of the option.
That't interesting...have you bought a hybrid offer from MVC in the past?

Every MVC sales presentation (excuse me, I mean 'owner information session') I attend they offer me a hybrid package. Though as I mentioned above, they have always offered one week, then another, then perhaps another and never just handed me a sheet with the weeks on offer and asked me to choose one. That said, through my last three presentations I didn't want more points and by the time I get the closer in the room I just want to leave. So I never actually asked to see 'the list'...

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
October 2019 was offered a hybrid, I think I asked about it. Most presentations I have been to they offer a hybrid. Seems they are around $7.50 per point, where they used to be closer to $6.50.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
That's interesting. When I just owned Trust points, I only was offered Trust point deals, when others were posting about being pitched hybrid deals. Then, when we purchased the resale Grande Ocean week, and sales peeps saw that we had both legacy week and Trust points, nearly every pitch since then has been about hybrid deals.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I have the same experience as what the others have posted. We haven't attended many presentations since we purchased in 2014, but we've always been offered a hybrid as owners.

In our first MVC points presentation in fall 2013 in HHI, prior to being owners, we were offered only a pure points package. We declined, but bought an Encore package to come back. After researching MVC in more depth here on TUG, I learned about the hybrid bundles, so when we returned to HHI in July 2014 for our required Encore return presentation, I asked for a bundle, and that's what we bought, for a cost/point of just under $7/point. Since then, we've only done two presentations - 1) in HHI in spring 2018 where we were offered (and declined) a bundle built around a Grande Ocean Silver week, and 2) fall 2019 in Palm Desert where the sales rep was going to offer us a bundle, but when the numbers guy came in and learned we were only interested in something that might allow our two post-2010 resale EOY weeks to be enrolled, he just let us go without making a specific offer.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess when I think hybrid I'm really thinking weeks not points and weeks combined and that's how I answered the question.