• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatts in Key West finally to start recycling Jan 09

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked about recycling while I am here at Hyatt Beach House and was very suprised to hear there is none! But it will start in Jan 09 due to a new regulation in Key West where recycling is required for all residences of which HVC are considered.

I mentioned to front desk if they had something even if central, I would make the effort to take plastic and cans over but they said there is nothing since it did not get approved last year :confused: I would have thought a place such as the Keys would practice recycling and Hyatt would be more forward thinking and put programs in even it if is not required.

But thinking about it some more, the hotels I frequently stay that have bluebox are not hyatt hotels and I have on a few occassion actual taken some of my water and drink bottles into the office to drop them into recycling. It might be something HVC might want to think about implementing to be Green.

cookinmamma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting on the recycling Mary! Glad to know that other Hyatt owners care about this issue too. The more important it is to owners/voters, the more likely Hyatt will take the initiative at its resorts. I'm not surprised that the resorts in Florida have not been more progressive.

Hopefully more companies will become environmentally proactive and the state/fed government will create incentives to help them and in the process recycling will become more lucrative. But you're from Canada - - how is recycling encouraged/mandated there?

Think Green. Be Green. :D :D :D

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting on the recycling Mary! Glad to know that other Hyatt owners care about this issue too. The more important it is to owners/voters, the more likely Hyatt will take the initiative at its resorts. I'm not surprised that the resorts in Florida have not been more progressive.

Hopefully more companies will become environmentally proactive and the state/fed government will create incentives to help them and in the process recycling will become more lucrative. But you're from Canada - - how is recycling encouraged/mandated there?

Think Green. Be Green. :D :D :D

Cookinmamma,

Sounds like you are a green person. You should tell the HOA Board in Tahoe to even get more green.

Maybe Hyatt Tahoe needs to have NEW Green BBQ?

C85

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Canada is pretty good on recycling and I try my best. Sometimes I take things from hotels to work and drop it in recycling bins.

I actually have a plastic bag full of recycling stuff (that is with refilling water bottle) which I am going to drive out of Key West and find recycling bin in Miami to dispose of since I am staying overnight there at Hotel Victor.

I actually asked someone else about it but it seemed that there is very little recycling facilities around so it has not been big and I guess things have been going to dumpsites. Recycling is going to start at all residences Jan 1 and HVC as timeshare is considered residences. Thus it is going to start. There is a association annual meeting at Beach Houe on October 15 so if anyone owns at Beach House and is there in KW, should go and start saying something about it since Hyatt may be able to proactively start rather than waiting till Jan 1.