• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatts in inventory? NCV presentation

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Just had an owner updated at NCV yesterday and telhey mentioned that the Hyatt properties will be available in our system really soon. Has Marriott announced when that will be?

Also, NCV has the highest pressure sales team we've ever worked with and when they finally get that you aren't interested- they are downright rude.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
I was told this back in December that Hyatt would be added January 1 of this year. It didn't happen. It's possible Hyatt will be added at some point.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had an owner updated at NCV yesterday and telhey mentioned that the Hyatt properties will be available in our system really soon. Has Marriott announced when that will be?

Also, NCV has the highest pressure sales team we've ever worked with and when they finally get that you aren't interested- they are downright rude.

Yes, they have announced repeatedly that Hyatt will NOT be integrated into Abound. Yet the sales people keep lying about it and people keep believing them...

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If they had planned to do this, they wouldn't have bothered with an interim integration between Welk and Hyatt. They would have just started to fold Welk into MVC and the later added Hyatt. As indicated, top level executives have stated there is no plans and the main issue is around the license agreements between Marriott Vacations and the hotel brands. As Hyatt Hotels, do you really want your World of Hyatt members being marketed a Marriott product?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Unless/until Marriott International buys Hyatt Hotels Corp (thus giving Marriott Int'l full rights to the "Hyatt" name).

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
They mentioned that to me at Baroney and said you have to call in to make the reservation Of course she was so misinformed about a lot of things that after her manager explained to her that mandatory Vistana owners already had access to Abound she begged me to still give her a good survey.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
They mentioned that to me at Baroney and said you have to call in to make the reservation Of course she was so misinformed about a lot of things that after her manager explained to her that mandatory Vistana owners already had access to Abound she begged me to still give her a good survey.
So an honest manager? Usually they agree with whatever the salesperson said.

I know Marriott is better, not by much after our last experience.

A cousin of ours just went to a Wyndham "update," and the lies told by both the salesperson and the manager, he described the presentation as a sh*& show. Lie, lie, lie, and then lie some more.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I had to look at the date of the thread to make sure it wasn’t an old thread. I can’t believe the sales force continues to shovel this BS

Last edited:

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
I did my very first sales presentation two weeks ago at NCV. We had a very experienced saleswoman who could see after 15 minutes that we would not buy and turned us over to the sales manager. This was after she told us about the memo they got a few weeks ago that after January 1st MVC would no longer deposit weeks into Interval (we were there on an exchange).🤣🤣🤣 I said I would use what I had in that case. She replied "Why would you ever go to Branson????" I told her we have family there and have enjoyed our time there, but my wife thought that was very rude.

While she was fine, the manager was a real piece of work. Repeated the lie that there would be no more weeks deposited into Interval starting next year - to which I replied I had paid for a five-year Interval membership a couple years ago, so I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Lots of other lies and half-truths. He said he would get me a copy of the memo about no more Interval deposits (which of course never happened). He was certainly high pressure, and I spent the next 30 minutes repeating why I will never buy from MVC when I know I can buy resale if I want points, which I don't because the MF have gotten so high. He tried to say that resale buyers must pay a $3,000 education fee plus $750 per 250 points, which I knew was a lie because I belong to TUG.

While we did get a $225 gift card, I doubt I will ever do another one because I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening rehashing the whole thing in my head. To me it was just not worth the aggravation and anger I felt about the way we were treated.

Contrast that to the DVC salesman I met in Disneyland that I started to chat with. He said "Hey do you want to come up to the member lounge and check it out?" Being resale, we can't normally get in, so we went and enjoyed some relaxing time. The quid pro quo? I gave him my email address and he emailed me the current incentives later that day. That was it. No lies. No high pressure. Just a friendly chat.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a horrible NCV sales rep who was both not very smart and also a liar, unless of course her stupidity made her believe that she was telling the truth. A year later when we returned, we said to not have her be the sales rep, we were told that she had been out for a year due to mental health reasons. I wonder if we drove her into a mental breakdown. :ROFLMAO:

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
We had a horrible NCV sales rep who was both not very smart and also a liar, unless of course her stupidity made her believe that she was telling the truth. A year later when we returned, we said to not have her be the sales rep, we were told that she had been out for a year due to mental health reasons. I wonder if we drove her into a mental breakdown. :ROFLMAO:
Likely she's totally fine and normal and the only time she tried so hard being a liar, she met you. And I bet the surviving salespersons must all have some kind of mental health problem after so many years denying the reality...