• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyattized HRC weeks

seatrout

Reaction score
Have anyone that have purchase additional HPP point and went on later to buy additional weeks in the resale market?? When the resale week show up in your account, can you convert that to HPP points or hyatt detect that and only let you convert to CUP??

Last edited:

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have anyone that have purchase additional HPP point and went on later to buy additional. Weeks in the resale market?? When the resale week show up in your account, can you convert that to HPP points or hyatt detect that and only let you convert to CUP??

I have not, but no weeks, resale or developer, can be turned into points (HPP, not talking about CUP), without a purchase from Hyatt and registering that specific week into the program

seatrout

Reaction score
My guess would be no and the account would consist of some Hyattized week and some non Hyattized week. But not sure as resale is cheap

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your assessment and pathway's assessment is true. When Hyatt was trying to sell us HPP (and we went pretty far into considering it), they asked to buy x (forget the # now) points to hyattize 1 week, Y points for 2 weeks, Z points for 3 weeks. We had to choose how many of our deeded weeks we wanted the option (for a fee) to play in HPP. Thus I would assume, if you have 1 week Hyattized and then another resale week non-Hyattized, then it's as if you had chosen to buy X # of points and hyattized only 1 week and not chosen to hyattize the other week. The fees to play in HPP killed the deal for us. It was death by a thousand fees. (if we played the shorter stay game, we calculated we would be paying way more fees from the housekeeping fee than in the legacy system booking fee + the conversion fees).

seatrout

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your assessment and pathway's assessment is true. When Hyatt was trying to sell us HPP (and we went pretty far into considering it), they asked to buy x (forget the # now) points to hyattize 1 week, Y points for 2 weeks, Z points for 3 weeks. We had to choose how many of our deeded weeks we wanted the option (for a fee) to play in HPP. Thus I would assume, if you have 1 week Hyattized and then another resale week non-Hyattized, then it's as if you had chosen to buy X # of points and hyattized only 1 week and not chosen to hyattize the other week. The fees to play in HPP killed the deal for us. It was death by a thousand fees. (if we played the shorter stay game, we calculated we would be paying way more fees from the housekeeping fee than in the legacy system booking fee + the conversion fees).
Hmm. Interesting. Our sale person was a longtime Marriott sale. As such we debate for 2 hrs on all the perks that is associated with the Marriott DC game and why can't the Hyatt be like the Marriott. He ended up enrolling both of our resale 2200 points weeks with purchase of 500 HPP points. Since I plan on keeping these weeks for another decade and maybe passing on to my kids, adding a few points to play the long game seems like to right thing to do. I now needed an additional 1700 more points to go to the highest tiers- So I thought if I could research on sneaking another resale week into the package. Based on your experience, it is likely a NO if I went on and get a foreclosed unit.

Last edited: