• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $16,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $16 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt transfer

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We signed the contract to purchase a Hyatt Coconut week 40, and was informed by the settlement agent yesterday that Hyatt passed ROFR.

I just wonder how long it will take for the deed be transferred to our name since we do not plan to use the week 40 at Coconut, and would like to use CUP points.

What is the best way to utility CUP points vs be locked in home week at week 40? There is only 3 months left.

Any suggestion and ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We signed the contract to purchase a Hyatt Coconut week 40, and was informed by the settlement agent yesterday that Hyatt passed ROFR.

I just wonder how long it will take for the deed be transferred to our name since we do not plan to use the week 40 at Coconut, and would like to use CUP points.

What is the best way to utility CUP points vs be locked in home week at week 40? There is only 3 months left.

We just completed the process and it only took about a week for the deed to be recorded however it then has to go back to Hyatt to update their records which we are told could take at least a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

It really is luck of the draw when it comes to transfers. You still have the following to get through:

Seller signing the Deed
Recording at the county
Transfer company setting up the transfer to send to Hyatt
Hyatt performing the transfer and setting up the account

The first several items can be completed anywhere from about a week or can really drag out.

Hyatt is supposed to do transfers in 30 days. I’ve seen some handled in like 2 weeks and some take more than 60 days.

I never have any problem booking stuff and you can book any future date by the start of your checkin.

You can also make an interval reservation to extend.

You will be limited to reservations within 60 days they got to LCUP.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
It really is luck of the draw when it comes to transfers. You still have the following to get through:

Seller signing the Deed
Recording at the county
Transfer company setting up the transfer to send to Hyatt
Hyatt performing the transfer and setting up the account

The first several items can be completed anywhere from about a week or can really drag out.

Hyatt is supposed to do transfers in 30 days. I’ve seen some handled in like 2 weeks and some take more than 60 days.

I never have any problem booking stuff and you can book any future date by the start of your checkin.

You can also make an interval reservation to extend.

You will be limited to reservations within 60 days they got to LCUP.
We were fortunate, the first 3 items on your list only took about a week for us. 4th item is yet to be seen.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC at Flamingo;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

congratulations!

Ask the current owners to make a reservation for you if there is something you may be interested in. We did that and reimbursed the seller for the reservation fee and guest fee (I think it was about $83 combined). We were happy with the process and we got a unit/week that we wanted.

Best regards.

Mike

MICROZE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina
Marriott Desert Spr
MVCI DC-Points
Westin Lagunamar
Westin Keirland
Aventuras Flex
We have a contract that has passed all checks and is waiting on Hyatt to setup our account.
Started the process May-10th and was told that it could be another month depending on how fast Hyatt moves.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We have a contract that has passed all checks and is waiting on Hyatt to setup our account.
Started the process May-10th and was told that it could be another month depending on how fast Hyatt moves.
Sounds like you are in the same stage and timing as we are. We were told the same about Hyatt setting up our account last week.

pinetree1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sellers are unresponsive to our request to book a desired week for us. My question is whether we are locked in to use week 40 home week or we can use CUP points if the transfer is completed just 1-2 weeks before week 40. What happens if the transfer is completed after week 40?

Thanks for all valuable helps.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sellers are unresponsive to our request to book a desired week for us. My question is whether we are locked in to use week 40 home week or we can use CUP points if the transfer is completed just 1-2 weeks before week 40. What happens if the transfer is completed after week 40?

Thanks for all valuable helps.
You will not be locked into week 40. The home resort preference period will be over and those points have converted to CUP.

If it closes before week 40, you can make a CUP reservation with anything that is available. If it closes after week 40 then the points will be in LCUP. This basically means that you will have 6 months to make a reservation that is within 60 days. This summer has been challenging to use LCUP points. However, if you are flexible, you shouldn't have too much trouble using those points. It's a little easier for us since we live in Denver and can easily visit 4 Hyatt's for things like long weekends.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a phone number for the transfers department at HV Global?
I just sent you a PM with the email address. I don't have the phone number, and I don't know that they have a direct line.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico. Mexico: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club and Mayan Palace.
I think I talked to them once when I was buying my first Hacienda Del Mar a few years ago from the Hyatt authorized resellers. ( thus got the hotel transfer points privilege). In any case maybe try calling MEMBER SERVICES ( not the regular Hyatt OWNER SERVICES Reservation line / dept ) and ask them for how best to contact the transfer department. I like wise live in Denver and like TRAVELHACKER I’m in BEAVER CREEK for the week burning points that I would otherwise loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Marriott Harbour Lake, Holiday Inn Club Vacations - South Beach, Worldmark

It seems to vary. Don't be afraid to ping them weekly. That might get you pulled up to the top.