• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Residence Club Portfolio Program - How it works?

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score
Hello, again, just join this wonderful forum yesterday....don't know much at all. What is this portfolio program? It says sell for points and can use any week and any resort...Is this better than buy into fixed week at fixed resort? Also, resale value compare to buy from developer? Thank you!

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
Buy at a resort that you plan to actually use. Trading is nice, but uncertain unless you have a flexible schedule.

DO NOT buy from a developer. Buy on the secondary market. (Look at Red Week to begin your search.) This is my opinion,

but the philosophy is sound. Expect to pay more for a unit in a higher season, but you trading value is better. We own a

week at Coconut Plantation, bronze season: 1300 points, but we never trade it. We come here every year. For us, it works. The

original owner paid$13,000 and we bought it from him for $500. Someone is looking to give away, for FREE, week 44 at Coconut

Plantation . Look on Red Week.

Good luck.

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score
Thank you so much! For Free? That is incredible. I guess you have to pay the yearly fee, still good deal! Red Week is a TS selling site, I guess. I will check out.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, again, just join this wonderful forum yesterday....don't know much at all. What is this portfolio program? It says sell for points and can use any week and any resort...Is this better than buy into fixed week at fixed resort? Also, resale value compare to buy from developer? Thank you!

Hi @flyingsnowpea I have written a series of posts detailing the Hyatt Portfolio Club:

Click here for the Introduction Post
Click here for the HRC and HPC Inventory Post
Click here for the Request List, Wait List, and Reservations Post
Click here for the Annual Conversion Option Post
Click here for the Hyattizing and Developer Benefits Post
Click here for the Sales Tactics using the Reservation Site

In summary, there is no resale value of Portfolio Points, and there is little inventory besides Wild Oak. It's very rare to find someone who is only a Portfolio owner without a legacy deeded week.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! For Free? That is incredible. I guess you have to pay the yearly fee, still good deal! Red Week is a TS selling site, I guess. I will check out.

The other site to purchase Hyatt is MyResortNetwork.com.

Besides reading a lot here, I would suggest Bill Gabrielli as a purchasing broker. He can offer on your behalf any week you see on those two sites.

I would recommend purchasing a week that looks good to you, AND at least worth 2,000 points, as it will allow you to trade throughout Hyatt for most times.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to go skiing, I'd suggest buying 2200 points - 2 bedroom prime ski weeks are typically 2200 points. If you can downsize to a 1 bedroom or are ok with a partial week stay, a lessor point week could work.

It's a given that you should not buy Portfolio Points. Since Hyatt sells only Points now in lieu of weeks, the resale market is where to buy.

Tenga

Reaction score
If your serious I'll sell you a deeded Hyatt week $1.00 You just have to pass Hyatt ROFR

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score
Hi @flyingsnowpea I have written a series of posts detailing the Hyatt Portfolio Club:

In summary, there is no resale value of Portfolio Points, and there is little inventory besides Wild Oak. It's very rare to find someone who is only a Portfolio owner without a legacy deeded week.
Thank you and I will check out all your post. In short, buying the points are not good idea? But if I buying any resort (someone give for free?) can those be convert to points so I could use to book other resorts or even exchange? That sounds too good to be true...I guess that would have many limitations? Thanks.

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score
The other site to purchase Hyatt is MyResortNetwork.com.

Besides reading a lot here, I would suggest Bill Gabrielli as a purchasing broker. He can offer on your behalf any week you see on those two sites.

I would recommend purchasing a week that looks good to you, AND at least worth 2,000 points, as it will allow you to trade throughout Hyatt for most times.
Great! We like to travel to different places rather than always back to one place....To find the right week at ski resort seems cost way too much...hmmm...not sure if there anyway around...

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score
If you're looking to go skiing, I'd suggest buying 2200 points - 2 bedroom prime ski weeks are typically 2200 points. If you can downsize to a 1 bedroom or are ok with a partial week stay, a lessor point week could work.

It's a given that you should not buy Portfolio Points. Since Hyatt sells only Points now in lieu of weeks, the resale market is where to buy.
Thanks! Little confused...should I buy points or not buy? What do you mean "lieu of weeks'? Do you mean the points can only limit to reserve certain weeks?

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score

Hello, Alameda, there is ad said "Fixed ski week in Diamond Season (Week 10) and 10 priority float days between April and November". How the float days works? Do they convert to points you make reservation or just reserve as days? If you don't use the fix weeks or float days, do they convert to point to exchange at II? I guess I want to understand how much those fix days plus float days worth in term of points...Thanks.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, Alameda, there is ad said "Fixed ski week in Diamond Season (Week 10) and 10 priority float days between April and November". How the float days works? Do they convert to points you make reservation or just reserve as days? If you don't use the fix weeks or float days, do they convert to point to exchange at II? I guess I want to understand how much those fix days plus float days worth in term of points...Thanks.

Hi @flyingsnowpea I would suggest you take a few days to read this sticky at the top of the Hyatt forum:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-info-about-hyatt-timeshare-ownership.258196/

There are two systems, the "legacy" HRC including deeded weeks and the Club Use Period (CUP) points, and the "new" HPC including Portfolio points and their ORP (Ownership Reservation Period) points. The sticky refers to the legacy HRC.

Once you've reviewed please let me know the resort you are talking about and we can help further.

flyingsnowpea

Reaction score
Hi @flyingsnowpea I would suggest you take a few days to read this sticky at the top of the Hyatt forum:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-info-about-hyatt-timeshare-ownership.258196/

There are two systems, the "legacy" HRC including deeded weeks and the Club Use Period (CUP) points, and the "new" HPC including Portfolio points and their ORP (Ownership Reservation Period) points. The sticky refers to the legacy HRC.

Once you've reviewed please let me know the resort you are talking about and we can help further.
Thank you Alameda! I will do my hw for now then we talk later!

Tenga

Reaction score
Yes, I'm serious. I will sell you for $1.00 a deeded Hyatt week. If Hyatt doesn't ROFR then its yours. You got nothing to lose by submitting a purchase agreement to Hyatt! Wait for an answer or if they fail to respond then its your's!