• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Portfolio Inventory Question

tegs_1980

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I search the instantly available Hyatt inventory, I see options that specifically state Hyatt Portfolio Program--e.g., 4 nights at Hyatt High Sierra Lodge checking in on Saturday. We are just regular Hyatt owners at Hyatt High Sierra Lodge and never bought into the Portfolio program, but I appear to have access to the Hyatt Portfolio inventory when I search for what's instantly available. I went ahead and reserved said 4 nights at the Hyatt High Sierra Lodge that were designated as "Hyatt Portfolio Program" and the only difference that I see, is that it listed a $60 housekeeping fee in addition to the $41 reservation fee. Am I good to go and the only difference between standard Hyatt Residence Club reservations and these portfolio ones is this extra $60 fee? I want to make sure I am not missing something. HUGE THANKS!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
At 6 months , I believe it is,
we get access to left over Portfolio inventory

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to note that the $60 fee is instead of the split week fee that you would be charged for 4 day stay under the original system.

And I assume that you noticed that the point cost for a Saturday night is extremely high in the portfolio program. But every other night of the week is the same lower point cost of a weekday night.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to note that the $60 fee is instead of the split week fee that you would be charged for 4 day stay under the original system.

And I assume that you noticed that the point cost for a Saturday night is extremely high in the portfolio program. But every other night of the week is the same lower point cost of a weekday night.

Yes - I have made 5 and 6 night reservations using HPP inventory 6 months out and it is basically the same number of points per night as a 4 or 2 night midweek reservation. It is a nice feature and there are some other differences.

The $39 dollar split week fee for HRC inventory was the same whether or not it was 2 or 4 nights - they just broke up the week a specific way and the nights were set. With HPP reservations you can checkin any night for as little as 1 night - it is just about Saturday being a LOT more points - and the $60 midweek/cleaning fee is applied no matter now many nights (1-6). What I do not know is if it is charged for 7 or more nights.

tegs_1980

TUG Member
Reaction score
So here is the thing. We already had a 4 night mid-week reservation, and this additional 4 night reservation that I grabbed through the portfolio program is adjacent to it, so now it's 8 nights in a row. If we stay in the same unit, would we still have to pay the 60 dollar cleaning fee? We have never done anything less than a 7 night reservation, so apologies for my ignorant questions.

cafeirene

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suggest you have a telephone conversation with Hish Sierra front desk. We had a 4 night reservation last year (made thru normal HRC inventory) and then needed/wanted a 5th night added on at the beginning, which we purchased using HPP. That meant that although we had a VERY GOOD chance at getting our preferred unit location for the 4 night out of HRC inventory, once I asked them to bridge the reservation so we would not be homeless for 6-7 hours on our first full day, they were able to give us the same unit AND we were able to move the housekeeping to mid week since we were paying that extra cleaning fee for the one night BUT the DOWNSIDE was we got a somewhat less desired unit because it all now had to come out of HPP inventory.

So your mileage may vary, and there has been quite a turnover in front desk staff in the lat 12-18 months, but at least ask. It will depend on how much demand they have going, but asking nicely is always a start!

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
So here is the thing. We already had a 4 night mid-week reservation, and this additional 4 night reservation that I grabbed through the portfolio program is adjacent to it, so now it's 8 nights in a row. If we stay in the same unit, would we still have to pay the 60 dollar cleaning fee? We have never done anything less than a 7 night reservation, so apologies for my ignorant questions.

I remember seeing a thread where somebody tagged 1 night on the end of reservation multiple times and found out the owed a cleaning fee for EACH reservation. The cancellation fees made it not worth it to try and fix it in this case. I am pretty sure your will owe $39 for the HRC reservation and $60 for the HPP reservation but as mentioned above maybe they will work it out for you. I don't think they have to. I think the "homeless for 6-7 hours" is more important when on vacay.

I would think they would try and work out the same room but i don't think you have any guarantees.

Enjoy your time there!

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is hard to keep track of all of the fees between portfolio housekeeping fees, split week fees, etc. Our biggest beef with Hyatt is too many fees.