• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pinon Pointe - Resale Desk or Recent Foreclosures?

jonfff74

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a Diamond week at Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Piñon Pointe. I understand from reading a Timeshare Users Group Post that perhaps due to COVID-related economic stress that there are a large number of units at Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Beach House in foreclosure and that the HOI approved a realtor to sell those units on behalf of the HOA. Do any Pinon Pointe owners know if there is a resale desk at the resort or if there are units in foreclosure that the HOA is looking to sell? Also, does anyone have a copy from the HOA or otherwise of the Pinon Pointe's recent financials. I'm trying to assess the fiscal health of the resort because foreclosures and or cash flow deficits can be a leading indicator of future maintenance fee increases. Please direct message me if you have any insight on this subject. Also, if you are a Diamond week owner and interested in selling please direct message me. Thank you.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you might see HOA resale weeks at other resorts. But I've been a Pinon Pointe owner for over 6 years and have never seen one.

Resort finances are in good health, and they don't want you to buy weeks that go into foreclosure. They can easily sell that through their sales channels, resale or retail.

HOA weeks going through foreclosure generally have to go through public auction and those are usually publicized through local papers. But of course the HOA usually tries to bid these up as well so YMMV on success there.

IMHO, your best bet is to buy resale from an owner. PP has the lowest maintenance costs in the network so it will be tough to find a bargain but prices have come down off of pre covid highs.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Not very many Diamond weeks at Pinon Point only weeks 15,16,17,51, and 52 are considered Diamond. That makes them pretty hard to come by. If you really want a Diamond week the $ 4000.00 price from Beach House HOA in Key West is as low as it gets. If that price existed for Pinon the Tug members would have already bought them up.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Not very many Diamond weeks at Pinon Point only weeks 15,16,17,51, and 52 are considered Diamond. That makes them pretty hard to come by. If you really want a Diamond week the $ 4000.00 price from Beach House HOA in Key West is as low as it gets. If that price existed for Pinon the Tug members would have already bought them up.
We payed $3,000 for an 1880 June week , Pinon Pointe. Our 1st purchase at Pinon Pointe was$8,000 for an Oct 2000 pt week. We paid significantly less than that for our 2200 Beach House week but maintenance fees are higher st Beach House. It depends on your situation but Beach House deals are pretty good right now.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We payed $3,000 for an 1880 June week , Pinon Pointe. Our 1st purchase at Pinon Pointe was$8,000 for an Oct 2000 pt week. We paid significantly less than that for our 2200 Beach House week but maintenance fees are higher st Beach House. It depends on your situation but Beach House deals are pretty good right now.

Just to add to this, the Beach House MF's actually went down in 2021, so you would be able to score a diamond week and have the mf's come in a bit less then the year before...

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
I've been loosely tracking Hyatt resale prices on Redweek on and off the last year or so and I did notice that Beach House has come down! Do you know why that is? Are there actually a ton of foreclosures going on in the background that would cause MFs to go up in the next year or two?

Thanks!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Pinion point is basically owned by Interval International who is owned by Marriott. It isn't directly associate with Diamond. Maybe there are Diamond owners who own at PP are able to exchange.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I've been loosely tracking Hyatt resale prices on Redweek on and off the last year or so and I did notice that Beach House has come down! Do you know why that is? Are there actually a ton of foreclosures going on in the background that would cause MFs to go up in the next year or two?

Thanks!

I can only speak for myself but I wanted a Diamond Week in Hyatt. I choose Beach House because I like the location and I wanted a family friendly resort for my little grandsons. I love Key West and FL. I was only willing to spend $4K on a Diamond Week and I was able to accomplish that in late 2018, during the time Marriott was buying Hyatt and all ROFR seemed to stop. Hyatt has been an easy system for me to learn with the help of my TUG friends. I choose HBH because my girlfriend also bought here and once this COVID is over we hope to finally get here together with both family's