• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pinon Pointe phase 2

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
5 minutes ago
I just got a reservation for building 16 lower floor so right next to building 15, where a TUG member had stayed, also in a lower floor and thought the views were good. Are phase 2 units larger or smaller than the phase 1 buildings.
We have stayed in phase 1 (usually buildings 11 and 12) and never phase 2. We once stayed in building 14 and these seemed much smaller even though they are part of phase 1.
Is the main view from building 16 going to be the living room. If I remember correctly in phase 1, the master bedroom and living room share the same balcony. Is phase 2 different?
Any info on Building 16 is appreciated. We know the pool will be a little further compared to phase 1 but we don’t mind.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I may have given info on Tug about staying in that set of buildings... I actually stayed in unit 1612, perhaps the same unit as you reserved or next door. From the parking lot I had to walk down a series of stairs. About 25 perhaps. I ended up flagging down a Hyatt worker who helped me carry down and who also helped when we checked out.

The lock-off balcony faces the parking lot (west) and the balcony in the LR and Master BR faced a small gully or arroyo to the East. I recall that there. I think that we may have had a slight view from the LR. But I don't think that we could see a lot. Perhaps looking South or south east (over the gully) we could see parts of Bell rock. But nevertheless I recall it as being pleasant and peaceful. I vaguely recall that there was also a slight view from the efficiency. But that is my recollection from over a year ago. But we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. If you don't like the view, then go up to the pool area or over to the Sound Bites restaurant. I thought that there was a pleasant view from the close by gas grills.

This was my first time staying in that phase. If the rooms were smaller, I didn't notice it. I had read once that phase 2 had smaller units, but honestly, if they are smaller, it isn't a whole lot smaller.

I am currently holding a summer reservation for unit 1221 (2nd floor). I'm guessing that the better view is from the lock off balcony. Was there much of a view from the Living room? I'm guessing that I would be looking towards the pool.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did see your review. You were in 1412.
1221 is a great unit. The living room has the view. the studio will face the pool but you won’t see the pool just trees and doesn’t get much light. Was that one of those July weeks? I thought about it but too hot to hike.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
A maid let us take a quick look into a 2 bdrm lockoff in bldg 13 or 14 when between guests. The studio side looked larger than studios in Phase 1. However we've never stayed at Pinon, just scouting around for bldgs locations and unit #s.

We ended up buying in the 1st phase but have never stayed in our home unit due to Covid :( Had to cancel last year March.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did see your review. You were in 1412.
1221 is a great unit. The living room has the view. the studio will face the pool but you won’t see the pool just trees and doesn’t get much light. Was that one of those July weeks? I thought about it but too hot to hike.
Interesting about the studio facing the pool and the master facing the hills (and the access road). I just finished studying the satellite view and was surprised that the access to the unit is through an interior path and not the parking area. That should be nice for the view.

I have hiked in July and it was warm. Marginal for hiking safely.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool is at a higher elevation than these units so you don’t actually see the pool. And you will see parked cars (one row of cars) if you look down from the living room and will occasionally hear and see cars go by.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool is at a higher elevation than these units so you don’t actually see the pool. And you will see parked cars (one row of cars) if you look down from the living room and will occasionally hear and see cars go by.
The best thing is you can see the smoke from the Burger King flame broilers, and if the wind is just right you can smell them. Makes one very hungry!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The best thing is you can see the smoke from the Burger King flame broilers, and if the wind is just right you can smell them. Makes one very hungry!
I did a google search to locate the Burger King across the street. Google says it is permanently closed.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
The Burger King was closed when I was there in July of 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk