• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt online, maintenance two nights in a row?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I have been trying to search for reservations on the Hyatt Vacation Club site for the past two nights, and it claims that there is maintenance going on until 2:30 AM each night/morning. Is anyone else having this problem :confused: ? I've got 260 points I need to use before they go into LCUP!

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to search for reservations on the Hyatt Vacation Club site for the past two nights, and it claims that there is maintenance going on until 2:30 AM each night/morning. Is anyone else having this problem :confused: ? I've got 260 points I need to use before they go into LCUP!

You are 100% correct some times it is lasting longer then 230am try 8am west coast time. Call Hyatt in the morning I had to also today.

I was told they take the system off line at night period.

Good luck with lcup.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes

I have gotten the same message on several different occasions. I just call the toll free number the next morning and speak to a human.

Good luck, be diligent, because LCUP sucks :(

-TJ

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gotten the same message on several different occasions. I just call the toll free number the next morning and speak to a human.

Good luck, be diligent, because LCUP sucks :(

-TJ

TJ

I agree LCUP SUCKS!

C85

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did talk with Hyatt about their nightly maintenance. I was told that it is every night at around 9:30 Pacific. I will have to do my searches before that time or in the morning. I was looking today and found some reasonable 2 nights stays for my points...just not sure whether to hold out for my waitlists or not. I have about 2 months left, so I might roll the dice and hope for one of mine to match! I have so many waitlists, it is all very confusing!

gemsfw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why does LCUP suck. We just got a Hyatt and don't understand the LCUP

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why does LCUP suck. We just got a Hyatt and don't understand the LCUP

LCUP is very restrictive can only book with in 60 days. Honestly I can not see how people get their points in LCUP when they have 1 full year to book something at Hyatt, and even put points into II.

HRPP first 6 months (home resort week your fixed week)
CUP next 6 months
lcup last 6 months terrible

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
An update, my points are used up, yay!

Just wanted to update you guys. I had so many waitlists, I kept worrying about getting around to cleaning them up. Today, I finally decided to call Hyatt and only keep the weeks I really wanted. I logged on first, and saw that my last 260 points were used up! So that meant one of my waitlists cleared, but which one!?

It turned out to be my very first choice that I had put in months ago :) . Sadly, I had wanted 4 nights, but since another one of my backup waitlists cleared first, I have 2 nights (that's all the points I had left) instead. But that's okay. Instead of one 4-night ressie, we have two 2-nights ressies. Luckily, we are within driving distance so it is not a big deal, just two reservation fees.

Anyhow, I seriously need more Hyatt points. This was tricky for me because I only have 1400 pts and had exactly 520 to play with. I first waitlisted 4 nights in Carmel in a one bedroom at 520 pts. in July. Then I expanded that to take just 2 nights during that same week in either a two-bedroom (400 pts) or one-bedroom (260 pts). Then I started getting nervous a while back, so I added various assortments of 260-400-520 pt scenarios.

Turns out, I *probably* would have matched my original 4 night, 520 pt, 1 bedroom, but who can tell?

More points would help me avoid this stress :D . I need 1880+ points more! At least :whoopie: .