• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Maintenance Costs?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hello everybody-- first post here and I have indeed searched but not found an answer to the following question- but my apologies in advance if I am posting a question that has been asked and answered previously...

Is there a chart anywhere of maintenance costs for the Hyatt Vacation Club resorts? Is there any historical information about the increases in maintenance costs over time for each resort?

Thanks so much-- we are seriously thinking of a HVC purchase and currently think we'd like to buy 1880 points. We are looking for the lowest initial purchase/point and yearly dues. Would probably use Carmel most frequently, but have noted that Beach House in Key West seems least expensive-- around $13000 resale with $860-ish per year MF. Anthing other Hyatts that we should be considering?

Heathpack

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt Sedona,Texas and Tahoe!!!

Sedona and Texas actually went down this year (building new rooms) and Hyatt Tahoe is just 1 of a kind resort and we have a excellent HOA Board in place to try to keep the cost down and quality up thanks to Steve Dallas our cirrent HOA Board member.

MF's fees go up between 2-4% per year.

We prefer to buy on the west coast and Texas because in Fl you always have weather conditions every year to think about.

You will enjoy Hyatt and remember you also have Hyatt Northstar Tahoe resort opening in early 2009.

I think Hyatt Maui is on HOLD do to the economy.

You sure missed a great week here in Carmel 79 degrees all last week remember Carmel,Ca summer is September to Mid October not June,July or August that is when we get FOG.

Happy Hyatt Hunting.

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
So I take it there must not a be a chart posted anywhere comparing MF at Hyatt resorts?

Do you happen to know the MF at Sedona, Texas, & Tahoe (not the new one)?

Also, can you tell me why when I see a Hyatt VC resale, the MF seem to vary slightly? I thought part of the point you and others make about buying larger point numbers is that everyone pays the same MF....

Thanks,
Heathpack

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I take it there must not a be a chart posted anywhere comparing MF at Hyatt resorts?

Also, can you tell me why when I see a Hyatt VC resale, the MF seem to vary slightly? I thought part of the point you and others make about buying larger point numbers is that everyone pays the same MF....
Thanks,
Heathpack

Heatpack,

I have not seen a chart with MF's I do not think Kal has one it changes every year but Hyatt has less MF's compared to Marriott,Fourseasons.

Sorry I do not have the exact info but the MF's are like $875+-Sedona and Texas for each resort Tahoe is like $925+-... ALL includes taxes also.

All 2 bedroom units at each resort are all the same in MF's weather you buy a 1100,1300,1400,1880.2000 or 2200 point level.

I try to buy a great deal at the 2000 or 2200 point level then you can go when you want for a full week at any of hyatt new resorts you do not limit your time or points. 1880 or less is a great level to add points because once yo0u buy one hyatt on the resale market you will buy another just ask other hyatt owners.

It does seem like the 2000,2200 point levels and some 1880 while the levels under the 1880 are going lower and lower in price values. Remember there are only so many owners at the 2200 and 2000 point level not that many week out there compares to 1880 points or less.

Hyatt Tahoe always seems to hold is resale value because of it location and it is sold out 100%.

Again you can send myself a PM and I hope I can try to answer it for you.

Snow coming to Hyatt Tahoe and Hyatt Northstar next weekend!

Happy Hyatt Hunting

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Carmel,

Thanks so much for your time in replying. We are not completely decided on 1880 points and certainly would consider more if we got a deal. However, we think 1880 will suffice-- it is just my husband and I, we don't routinely need anything more than a studio or 1 BR, and we own a sailboat and frequently take trips on that, so our desired resort time is less than that of many other timeshare owners (1 week/yr or EOY is plenty). So far we are very impressed with the quality of the Hyatt VC properties, HVC locations, trade power, and ability to split weeks. We'd be happy with borrowing points if we want to go someplace that requires 2200 points and using our remaining points for a weekend trip.

If I ever get a good chart together of MF, I will post them.

H

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Heathpack

Go Here to see changes in maintenance fees for the Sunset Harbor property.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hi, I just saw the bill for 2009 maintenance fees for my Hyatt Coconut Plantation week and I was surprised at how much it went up. Last year was $1,171 which was on the high side. This year is now $1,272.69. :(

Seems to me that since this property is only about one third sold, that the developer and Hyatt should have a real interest in keeping the maintenance fees down to attract new buyers! Guess that is not the case!