• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Ka'anapali Resort Presentation

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Which other timeshare property on Maui, or any other island, would you rank close to HKB in quality, view and amenities?
The ocean front rooms at WKORV, the good ocean front rooms at WKORVN, and the ocean front rooms at Marriott's Lahaina and Napili Towers come closest.

Same view for all (WKORV-OF is a bit closer to the ocean); slightly inferior amenities.

Last edited:

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
After I rescinded, I received my refund and was offered another access package for a 6-day/5-night stay at a cost of $3000 (-$250 credit). We are currently considering this offer and plan to negotiate during the sales pitch. From my understanding, HKB timeshare is exceptional and distinct from other HRC resorts. Tell me I am crazy :)
I would greatly appreciate any advice or tips. Thank you!
There’s a publicly available offer of $599-839 for 6-day/5 night on the Hyatt website. I know it says $599/night but look at the fine print, it gives a list of dates for the $599 package and a list at higher prices up to $839. I called in and it was definitely a total package price.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
There’s a publicly available offer of $599-839 for 6-day/5 night on the Hyatt website. I know it says $599/night but look at the fine print, it gives a list of dates for the $599 package and a list at higher prices up to $839. I called in and it was definitely a total package price.

These are called "mini-vacs" by the timeshare salespeople. Sitting down for a sales pitch is part of the deal, and anyone who refuses to take the timeshare presentation is charged rack-rate for the time they were there.

I wouldn't participate if they "gave" me two weeks -- let alone six days. (Let's face it, the first and last day are burners. And they'll make the presentation the second to last day so people aren't as likely to rescind.)

I'd rather take my points and grab an II week without salespeople.

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are called "mini-vacs" by the timeshare salespeople. Sitting down for a sales pitch is part of the deal, and anyone who refuses to take the timeshare presentation is charged rack-rate for the time they were there.

I wouldn't participate if they "gave" me two weeks -- let alone six days. (Let's face it, the first and last day are burners. And they'll make the presentation the second to last day so people aren't as likely to rescind.)

I'd rather take my points and grab an II week without salespeople.
I’m familiar with these. The pitch is usually on the second day of the stay to lapse several days of the rescission window while buyers are still in the vacation bubble. ;)

I was posing this as an alternative to the same 5-night package for $3000 offered to the OP, which probably includes a presentation.

Of course everyone has a different value for their time, but spending 2 hours to save $2400 well exceeds my hourly billing rate. I can hit a morning snorkel for the best 2-3 hours of the day, then attend a presentation, say no, and be done in time for an early lunch. <shrug>

If I was living in Captain Cook, I wouldn’t spend 2 weeks in Lahaina, either.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Of course everyone has a different value for their time, but spending 2 hours to save $2400 well exceeds my hourly billing rate. I can hit a morning snorkel for the best 2-3 hours of the day, then attend a presentation, say no, and be done in time for an early lunch. <shrug>

When I was selling at the Hyatt, we wanted people to buy and then leave. Buying on day one typically meant problems by day four. Who knows what their strategy is now that MVC runs the show, though. Might have changed.

As for $2400, I think that's a false equivalency. I can get a week in Hawaii (or anywhere else) for one third of my points and $150. So let's call it $700 to be fair. No presentations, more time actually on vacation. Is it going to be at HKB? Of course not. But it isn't going to suck, either. This is how we visited when we did our dozen scouting missions to decide where we wanted to live.

I avoid timeshare presentations as if they're a zombie shark with active herpes. They're a waste of time -- my time, my wife's time, the salesperson's time, everyone's time.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s a per night price, just for grins, I went through the purchase thing, and it came out to $3,516 for the five nights.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 28

ScoopKona

Reaction score
It’s a per night price, just for grins, I went through the purchase thing, and it came out to $3,516 for the five nights.

Hopefully they finally started listening to the salespeople, who screamed at anyone who would listen that Mini-Vacs need to cost more.

"Why would I purchase when you guys keep sending me vacation offers for $99?"

Mini-vacs aren't good for owners, traders, or even the salespeople -- the only people who benefit are lookie-lous and be-backs.

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch. My apologies, I called and talked to a sales rep. Maybe I misunderstood or was unclear or maybe they’re just supposed to say yes to anything. :oops:

So that publicly available offer is almost exactly what the OP was offered in the pitch.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch. My apologies, I called and talked to a sales rep. Maybe I misunderstood or was unclear or maybe they’re just supposed to say yes to anything. :oops:

So that publicly available offer is almost exactly what the OP was offered in the pitch.
Nothing to apologize for. The sales rep probably thought it was per stay as well. If feels like they make it intentionally confusing as they quote a per stay price on multiple properties, then a per night price for one that is a similar cost to the per stay cost on the others.