• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt hotel inventory VS HRC inventory

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
How does Hyatt hotels get inventory at HRC resorts that I can rent for cash but cant book with my HRC points
Details
2/26 -2/28 Hyatt Northstar on Hyatt hotel website 2 bedroom available 612.00 per night
Hyatt Residence club nothing for the entire month of February.

2/26 to 2/28 Hyatt High Sierra on Hyatt Hotel website 2 bedroom 558.00 per night
Hyatt Residence club nothing on 2/26 but I do see 3 nights check in on 2/27 on HRC website
This one may have more to do with the check in days aspect of HRC

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Everyone asked that about their particular system at some point. I would imagine it is the same as any other system. Anyone who turns their unit over for hotel points, gives their unit up (or an equivalent unit). Their also might be some sort of marketing agreement that unsold or nonperforming units (people who default and the unit is owned by the HOA) give the unit to Hyatt hotels to market and the HOA gets back the $ minus a commission charged by the hotels for anything they rent out. Typically the hotel division would keep 30-40% of the actual rental cost and the rest goes back to the HOA. If HRC has any other programs where an owner can turn in points for airfare or other non hotel stays, then again someone needs to monotonize that unit or points and it usually falls to the hotel site to market it out.

dmelcher13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
It could also be weeks that the owners have contracted with Hyatt to rent for them.

Dave