• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt High Sierra - how long at County Clerk?

darcy

Reaction score
We purchased (resale, of course) at High Sierra. It seems to be taking a long time for the paperwork to be processed by the county clerk. The Hyatt people e-mail us every couple of weeks to say they haven't received the paperwork yet...any experience on how long we can expect this to take? It has been a few weeks. Our previous purchase (Beach House) was processed extremely quickly, apparently, so I guess we were spoiled.

Thanks,
darcy

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased (resale, of course) at High Sierra. It seems to be taking a long time for the paperwork to be processed by the county clerk. The Hyatt people e-mail us every couple of weeks to say they haven't received the paperwork yet...any experience on how long we can expect this to take? It has been a few weeks. Our previous purchase (Beach House) was processed extremely quickly, apparently, so I guess we were spoiled.

Thanks,
darcy

Darcy,

Who did your escrow?

I had a friend close about 2 weeks ago Hyatt Tahoe and their title company sent it to hyatt after the county clerk got it back to escrow with in 24 hours then off to Hyatt.

County clerk only takes just a couple of minutes to stamp the deed.

Your hold up is your TITLE COMPANY.

What week did you buy? Cost approximate?

Welcome almost to Hyatt Tahoe. Could use your input on the BBQ pit area

carmel85

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. We bought a Marriott Timber Lodge week last year and once they sent it off, the deed got recorded and was back to us within a week. Getting it transferred on Marriott's system is a different story - that took 6 weeks because Marriott takes a dim view of people who buy resales and drag their feet on transferring them. Hopefully, Hyatt is better.

darcy

Reaction score
I had forgotten that I posted about this until we heard from Hyatt today that they got the paperwork. We purchased on Ebay from IA Vacations, and American Timeshare Closing was the title/escrow :)shrug: ) company.

Our purchase from IA Vacations was completed on 7/1/08, but the deed was not siged by the seller (an individual, not IA Vacations) until 8/28/08. The Washoe County Recorder stamp is dated 9/15/08; I think that is the date it was recorded, not the date they received it?

Anyway. The first use is not until Oct 2009, so we didn't miss out on anything by the delay.

For the record, we paid $6012 + transfer fees and closing costs for 1300 pts, annual, Week #41, High Sierra Lodge.

Thanks,
Darcy

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had forgotten that I posted about this until we heard from Hyatt today that they got the paperwork. We purchased on Ebay from IA Vacations, and American Timeshare Closing was the title/escrow :)shrug: ) company.

Our purchase from IA Vacations was completed on 7/1/08, but the deed was not siged by the seller (an individual, not IA Vacations) until 8/28/08. The Washoe County Recorder stamp is dated 9/15/08; I think that is the date it was recorded, not the date they received it?

Anyway. The first use is not until Oct 2009, so we didn't miss out on anything by the delay.

For the record, we paid $6012 + transfer fees and closing costs for 1300 pts, annual, Week #41, High Sierra Lodge.

Thanks,
Darcy

darcy,

Something funny is going on. I would be contacting your timeshare company in writing as well as the escrow company. Hyat only has 30 days to make a decision or ROFR so that should have been done months ago.

It really sounds like your broker owner or somebody is trying to use your 2009 points which you will get very soon with in the next 2 weeks. Yes you get you points 1 year in advance!!!

I also would call hyatt because they have to get all the final paper work from the title company,deed etc and then p[ut you in the hyatt system.
Call hyatt today to find out if you are in their system.

c85

darcy

Reaction score
What I meant, above, in saying that Hyatt got the paperwork, is that the transaction has been completed. Sale complete. Not that they just now got the info in order to excercise ROFR.