• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt High Sierra Bldg 1, Unit 112 ADA

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
May I get some feedback on anyone who might have an idea about this unit? I am curious about: (1) how is building 1? (2) What will I see from the patio? (3) Noise from passersby/cars? (4) How much foot traffic will I see from the patio? (5) I suppose I am fine if the front door abuts the parking lot, or should I be concerned about this? (6) Noise from upstairs? (7) Anything unusual to expect from it being an ADA unit? In short, is this a good unit and why or why not? I am considering submitting an offer. Thank you so much!!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen the Hyatt ADA units at other resorts. Unless you need an ADA unit, I would definitely pass on the purchase. For a host of reasons, appropriately, it is designed for someone in a wheel chair. In particular, the kitchen becomes a real challenge.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm I see thanks. We don’t need ADA but it is a great week.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will ask to see pictures of the actual unit so I can see what the ADA layout looks like thank you for the heads up

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I am on the tall side for a woman and the counters are uncomfortably low for me in an ADA unit. I could deal with the other quirks but the counter height is a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Kal

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am on the tall side for a woman and the counters are uncomfortably low for me in an ADA unit. I could deal with the other quirks but the counter height is a deal breaker for me.
How much lower are they than normal?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even the storage of kitchen ware and food items is difficult to manage.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
No soak in tub either

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much lower are they than normal?
Per google, it is no higher than 34" where standard counter height is 36" - so only 2", but for me it is noticeable. It is the one and only thing that would send me back to the front desk to request a change. I have done it twice (and been moved both times luckily - once at Nanea and once at Lawai Beach Resort) and when I request unit placement I always request to not be in an ADA unit. I haven't heard many people complain about it so maybe it's just me.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per google, it is no higher than 34" where standard counter height is 36" - so only 2", but for me it is noticeable. It is the one and only thing that would send me back to the front desk to request a change. I have done it twice (and been moved both times luckily - once at Nanea and once at Lawai Beach Resort) and when I request unit placement I always request to not be in an ADA unit. I haven't heard many people complain about it so maybe it's just me.
Thanks for that info. I wonder how that would impact us as we are not tall.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for that info. I wonder how that would impact us as we are not tall.
May not even bother you. I have a few back issues so it's a big deal for me.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
My girlfriend stayed in an ADA unit at Maui Schooner. Her husband splashed water in front of the sink while washing dishes. She slipped in it but didn't have the solid cabinet under the sink to stop her fall. She slipped right under it, requiring surgery and a long rehab. A freak accident for sure.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
May I get some feedback on anyone who might have an idea about this unit? I am curious about: (1) how is building 1? (2) What will I see from the patio? (3) Noise from passersby/cars? (4) How much foot traffic will I see from the patio? (5) I suppose I am fine if the front door abuts the parking lot, or should I be concerned about this? (6) Noise from upstairs? (7) Anything unusual to expect from it being an ADA unit? In short, is this a good unit and why or why not? I am considering submitting an offer. Thank you so much!!

I’m not crazy about building 1 because you will get road noise from incline way. We like bldgs 3, 4, and 5- better views and quieter.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not crazy about building 1 because you will get road noise from incline way. We like bldgs 3, 4, and 5- better views and quieter.
Thank you is Incline Way the main access road in and out of the resort?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is there a chance that if you own a fixed ADA unit that you could get bumped to a different unit if there is a nightly guest staying that needs to be accommodated in an ADA?

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a chance that if you own a fixed ADA unit that you could get bumped to a different unit if there is a nightly guest staying that needs to be accommodated in an ADA?
That is what the realtor suggested could happen. I think I will call the resort and ask what our odds are of getting moved to a different non-ADA unit so they could have the ADA unit available in the hotel inventory.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea if that is a call I would make to the hotel or to owner services?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Any idea if that is a call I would make to the hotel or to owner services?
I'd call the hotel.
I own an ADA unit at Pinon Pt, and read somewhere, that they would reassign us if the unit was needed. Have never stayed in my home week. Hoping to in 2024

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did your Windward week fall through?
No we are still waiting for ROFR. But you may recall that I mentioned trying to pick up a dedicated week in Tahoe for us to use annually and use WP to trade points.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Then I'd skip the ADA unit. At Windward, they were rather annoying. Everything is "way the [censored] down there!" Kitchen counter was GREAT if you like to cook sitting down, and you're 4-foot-nuthin'. And everything except the toilets involved stooping. Also, no hot tub in the room. Another room will become available.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then I'd skip the ADA unit. At Windward, they were rather annoying. Everything is "way the [censored] down there!" Kitchen counter was GREAT if you like to cook sitting down, and you're 4-foot-nuthin'. And everything except the toilets involved stooping. Also, no hot tub in the room. Another room will become available.
We actually put in an offer on the unit 112 ADA subject to seeing pictures of the ADA modifications. The seller accepted our offer but we canceled once we saw the pictures. I thought the ADA modifications were unsightly and my wife did not want to own that unit and visit it every year.

Last edited:

jmama

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

We own an ADA unit and the resort called and asked us to change units if we didn't need the ADA. We happily switched, but I assume we could have refused.