• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt credit card to pay for timeshare purchase?

Formerexpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Hyatt credit card to pay for part or all of their HRC purchase? Did you get the 4X (or is it 5x?) points? We have the cash but want to maximize our World of a Hyatt points.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hyatt card will only give 4x on maintenance fees and spend while at the resort. If they have your Hyatt member number you will get the 5x points on top of the 4x from the card. I have never heard of anyone getting additional points on a timeshare purchase.

Last edited:

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
In the Marriott world you do. Down payment on developer purchase and mortgage payments charged to Marriott VISA both get the 6x muliplier.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the Marriott world you do. Down payment on developer purchase and mortgage payments charged to Marriott VISA both get the 6x muliplier.

I disagree. You get the same multiplier for paying your MF's or any other purchase from Marriott. You don't get extra points if it's a timeshare purchase. IOW all Marriott purchases on the card are 6x

Last edited:

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hyatt card will only give 4x on maintenance fees and spend while at the resort. If they have your Hyatt member number you will get the 5x points on top of the 4x from the card. I have never heard of anyone getting additional points on a timeshare purchase.
How do you add your World of Hyatt number to your HRC stay?

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Any reservation made through the club as a member should have it automatically as part of your Hyatt RC membership. and in your folio when you check in. Maybe ask to verify that its in there as you check in.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you add your World of Hyatt number to your HRC stay?

You add it (or have them add it) to your account. Unfortunately, every time I stay I have to verify they have it on file. Sometimes they do, some times they don’t.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I disagree. You get the same multiplier for paying your MF's or any other purchase from Marriott. You don't get extra points if it's a timeshare purchase. IOW all Marriott purchases on the card are 6x
What I was saying is that you get the 6x multiplier for the TS purchase, same as all Marriott purchases vs 2x for anything else. Thought that was what was being asked with respect to Hyatt.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I was saying is that you get the 6x multiplier for the TS purchase, same as all Marriott purchases vs 2x for anything else. Thought that was what was being asked with respect to Hyatt.

You're right. I think we each read Sapper's comments a different way. Looking back, it's still a bit confusing.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You add it (or have them add it) to your account. Unfortunately, every time I stay I have to verify they have it on file. Sometimes they do, some times they don’t.
Do you know if you get night credits for World of Hyatt for stays in HRC? I'm pretty sure I could have reached Globalist by now if that's the case.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Do you know if you get night credits for World of Hyatt for stays in HRC? I'm pretty sure I could have reached Globalist by now if that's the case.
Wouldn't that be nice? We stayed at Sunset Harbor 25 nights last year and only got credit for the 4 nights we rented (with owner discount).

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, no night credits for nights stayed using HRC or HPP. You will receive credits if you rent through the Hyatt website.

As IslandTime mentioned, it’s too bad because I would be a lot closer to the next status level.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Hyatt credit card to pay for part or all of their HRC purchase? Did you get the 4X (or is it 5x?) points? We have the cash but want to maximize our World of a Hyatt points.

You can but it will depend on how the card is used. I used my Hyatt card for a recent purchase but it was to the reseller - then they paid Hyatt. If I had been able to pay directly to Hyatt I would have gotten the multiplier like I do when I pay MFs. But not in this case.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Is the fee worth it ?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the fee worth it ?
Absolutely! The Hyatt Credit card is great, as it comes with a free night in a category 1-4 hotel....For example, I just used one at the Hyatt Place Keystone when the rate was a shade above $300, which isn't bad considering the annual fee is $95. Also,, the bonus is usually good for at least a few free nights at some great options.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the fee worth it ?

I think it depends on how much traveling you do. If you do one trip per year, and you are going to stay in a cat 1-4 Hyatt for at least one night, then yes it can be... however, it’s equally possible you would find another rewards or cash card to be more useful. Ex, I am using the cat 1-4 free night for when we arrive after a long flight. The cheapest room at this location/time is $345 before tax and fees. The card has paid for its self in this one trip.

However, I travel a little for work, and our family takes a few vacations during the year. This is where the card shines. You get instant status in the Hyatt rewards program. To be clear, it’s the lowest status level. Pre status, when staying at a Hyatt, we would get junk rooms (next to the AC units / elevators / trash dumpsters). After gaining this low status, I have booked the lowest tier room and been either upgraded to a better room category (about one out of five stays) or been given a decent room (no AC units, not adjacent the elevators, no waking up to the 5AM trash pick up). Now add in the points accrued using the card and bonus points. I have used points for a cat 1 room (5000 points), which would have cost $200; they also threw in free valet, saving an additional $45. I have also used points to stay at a location when a specific event is occurring, and with their dynamic pricing model, the rooms were $3250 a night! I used 60,000 points and saved $6500 pre tax and fees.

Hyatt has a new search tool to see different hotel categories:

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I pretty much only use my Hyatt card for Hyatt purchases. As stated above, getting a "free" night every year for the $95 fee is worth it. The higher status is worth it. Getting 4 times the points on my maintenance and other fees is worth it. All together it is a no brainer for me.