• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Colorado properties

dave06457

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking into trading into one of the Hyatt properties in CO for June of this year. I have read through several of the reviews. I'd welcome any other posters as to what distinguishes these properties from one another and the benefits of each property.
It is just the two of us and she has limited mobility. We're eager to explore the area in the quiet season. Thanks in advance for any replies.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We own an annual Week 4 3/3 at Hyatt Main Street Station in Breckenridge. We always use our floating summer week in July. I actually like it better in the summer; my kids would disagree because they are avid skiers. Obviously we love Breck: we bought there. There is more to do for us: we like day trips to Frisco, Vail, Grand Lake and Estes Park, and have gone into Denver for a Colorado Rockies game. There is plenty of biking, hiking, white water rafting, as well as lots of great restaurants and bars.
We have also stayed at the Hyatt Aspen and it is fabulous. Great location, right in downtown Aspen. Too far though from Grand Lake and Estes Park, but one of the nicest Hyatt’s we have stayed at.
We haven’t stayed at the Hyatt Beaver Creek resorts. I understand they are fantastic too. We prefer being able to walk around a town, like Aspen and Breckenridge. Breckenridge is a higher altitude, and can be an issue for those with breathing issues. We have been going for years and have never experienced this, but know folks who have.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking into trading into one of the Hyatt properties in CO for June of this year. I have read through several of the reviews. I'd welcome any other posters as to what distinguishes these properties from one another and the benefits of each property.
It is just the two of us and she has limited mobility. We're eager to explore the area in the quiet season. Thanks in advance for any replies.

There is more to do at the Aspen and Breckinridge properties because they are in real towns with little shops and restaurants, community events, etc. The two at Avon/Beaver Creek are great for skiing, but fall a little short in the off season (Beaver Creek Resorts will have things to do to try to get people to show up, but they are not like things residents of a community would put together). If we are skiing, we want to be in Beaver Creek, if we are doing anything else, Aspen is our favorite. Others may state they like Breck more, seems to be personal taste. Aspen is also, unfortunately, the furthest drive from the Denver Airport at apx four hours. There is, however, an airport in Aspen that is serviced by United, American, and Delta... but the tickets are more expensive than flights into Denver.

If you have any specific questions, please ask.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve stayed at the Hyatt Mountain Lodge in Beaver Creek during the summer and liked the location as it’s a few steps away from Beaver Creek Village and close to the base of mountain to go hiking and biking. We also like the fact that we were 45 min drive to Glenwood Springs west on I70 which has a fun amusement park on top of a mountain, hot springs, river rafting and zip lining.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at all four properties multiple times. Just a few thoughts:

- Breckenridge and Aspen have fantastic locations in town. There is always a lot going on during the summer months.
- The Hyatt Mountain Lodge is just across the street from the main Beaver Creek Village. The Park Hyatt is in the village.
- Beaver Creek properties are great. For our family (kids 6 and under) it is our preferred destination. During peak summer (second half of june through first half of August), there are planned activities in the village daily...things like movies under the stars, a Rodeo (that's in Avon, but they have buses), live music, games, etc.

If you go during peak summer, I think you would have a blast at any of the properties. I would book soon as the best dates go quickly once the HRPP period expires.

Like the others, I'm happy to help with any questions.

dave06457

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friends...thank you all for your responses. They were helpful as we made our choice. We opted to book a visit to the Main Street Station in Breckenridge in early June. This will be our first visit to Colorado in many years and Breckenridge looked like a good starting point for visiting the area. Thanks for your responses and willingness to help with additional questions.

brdweb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Can't speak to summer, but we just got back from Main Street Station and loved the property and the location.