• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Point Plantation Presentation.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I Love Hyatt’s and used my free night certificate as I always do to spend the weekend at the hotel section of the resort. I had late check out set up for today at 2:00pm and when I went to arm bands for pool at check in, they offered me 10K Hyatt points to do the presentation. They had one at 2:00pm so what the hell I said I would check it out since I have been bidding on eBay trying to snag a diamond week anyway.

After reading some other threads about the High Pressure sales there I was pretty surprised just how non-high pressured it was. Nothing like a Wyndham or HGVC presentations I have been to. Presentation, it was pretty much a one on one talk and walk with sales rep and then manager once I started asking questions she was unsure of. Manager was respectful too, after I declined offer to buy they had a customer service rep i.e. next level sales lady try to sell me a trial package. Again I declined. Then up to front to process for my 10K Hyatt Points.

But all in all pretty low key.. Not sure I want the Pure Points deal and will hold out for the deeded week off tug, eBay or other resell channel. I did ask how the Marriott’s purchase of ILG will change the program. They had no idea.

For those of you that own at this resort, do resell owners get access to resort amenities anytime even when not staying as Hyatt purchasers do?, And how does Hyatt selling the adjacent Hotel affect the use agreement with the HRC. Not sure but I think they still will manage hotel, just are won’t own it.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I Love Hyatt’s and used my free night certificate as I always do to spend the weekend at the hotel section of the resort. I had late check out set up for today at 2:00pm and when I went to arm bands for pool at check in, they offered me 10K Hyatt points to do the presentation. They had one at 2:00pm so what the hell I said I would check it out since I have been bidding on eBay trying to snag a diamond week anyway.

After reading some other threads about the High Pressure sales there I was pretty surprised just how non-high pressured it was. Nothing like a Wyndham or HGVC presentations I have been to. Presentation, it was pretty much a one on one talk and walk with sales rep and then manager once I started asking questions she was unsure of. Manager was respectful too, after I declined offer to buy they had a customer service rep i.e. next level sales lady try to sell me a trial package. Again I declined. Then up to front to process for my 10K Hyatt Points.

But all in all pretty low key.. Not sure I want the Pure Points deal and will hold out for the deeded week off tug, eBay or other resell channel. I did ask how the Marriott’s purchase of ILG will change the program. They had no idea.

For those of you that own at this resort, do resell owners get access to resort amenities anytime even when not staying as Hyatt purchasers do?, And how does Hyatt selling the adjacent Hotel affect the use agreement with the HRC. Not sure but I think they still will manage hotel, just are not own it.
Did Hyatt sell the hotel? Or do you mean if they sold the hotel?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I also would like to know the difference in buying directly vs. resale.
Going to book 2 nights for my husbands birthday in December to check it out.
Did you enjoy the hotel/ Resort?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

This is my 4th time here in last 18 months.... I love it every time. Its not like a lot of other resorts. Its peaceful, tranquil, and HRC side is pretty secluded. Hotel a bit more like what most resorts are like as far as amenities go. Living 2 hours away this makes for a great staycation for us for long weekends. They have their own private island that they use a boat to take you to, its about a 15 minute ride and they have fairly decent bathrooms on island for you, chairs, umbrellas and fun in the sun. If you are on the HRC side they will also provide you coolers and ice for packing drinks/picnic items to take to beach with you.

I keep holding out for a decent priced Gold, Platinum or Diamond week so I can take many more extended stays here.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

As far as I can tell the only difference you would see is you can't convert Hyatt Timeshare Points to World of Hyatt Points which would not be a very good use of your points anyway.

The one caveat is ILG which owns Hyatt just got bought by Marriott. So what is true in TS today may not be true tomorrow as Marriott does what it plans with their new portfolio of products.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
As far as I can tell the only difference you would see is you can't convert Hyatt Timeshare Points to World of Hyatt Points which would not be a very good use of your points anyway.

The one caveat is ILG which owns Hyatt just got bought by Marriott. So what is true in TS today may not be true tomorrow as Marriott does what it plans with their new portfolio of products.

May be a good time to buy in. After Vistana resort did all their renovations, they offered me (a resale owner) the option to go into Staroptions free. Moved to Orlando and gave my unit away. Seller's remorse lol