• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Plantation Resort purchase advice

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hello,
I'm currently a Wydham owner but looking for advice on Hyatt Coconut Plantation Resort. I have read some other thread that it is recommended to by Platinum weeks resale. But I'm wondering if it worth the increased cost if we would really only be able to use the week in the summer (at least for the next 12 years)?
I see there is TUG ad for "1300 Pts per year, Summer Week, 2 Bedroom". I assume the ad incorrectly called this a Silver week and it would be a Bronze week. I am wondering, can I used the 1300 points for less than at week stay at one of the other resorts (for example, a Key West property (again summer week))?
Can someone give some pros and cons of a purchase like this? Given the limited use of 1300 points, what is a good price on something like this?

I know I have asked alot, so any help is appreciated?

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to go there in the summer then you can buy a week (resale!) that works for you. You have a booking advantage the week you own (including the exact unit number) between 12 and 6 months out and can book part of your week also (2 or 4 days assuming you buy a deeded week resale - do NOT buy a points week ). If you book a partial week you will get the remaining points to spend and can used them in Interval or for internal Hyatt exchanges. This is the advantage of owning where you want to go.

Here is a link to a great website - you can look up the points chart among other things. I think summer weeks there are bronze and silver depending on the week.what

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does anyone know if they have EOY contracts?

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you want to go there in the summer then you can buy a week (resale!) that works for you. You have a booking advantage the week you own (including the exact unit number) between 12 and 6 months out and can book part of your week also (2 or 4 days assuming you buy a deeded week resale - do NOT buy a points week ). If you book a partial week you will get the remaining points to spend and can used them in Interval or for internal Hyatt exchanges. This is the advantage of owning where you want to go.

Here is a link to a great website - you can look up the points chart among other things. I think summer weeks there are bronze and silver depending on the week.what

thanks

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
We own at 1300 point week and an 1880 point week. Buy the 1300 point week if you plan on going there each year. We always went to Florida the last week in October, and HRC Coconut Plantation is a great place to stay. Even if you do not want to go one year, you can either get another week at HRC (if you are flexible) or you can get a pretty good week via Interval International. If you get an 1880 point week, you can split it and get a one bedroom unit twice. (A one b/r unit will cost you 870 points. Thus you have enough to travel two different weeks( if a one b/r will meet your lodging needs.) If you deposit a two b/r into interval, you will definitely get a great week in return. Good luck.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at 1300 point week and an 1880 point week. Buy the 1300 point week if you plan on going there each year. We always went to Florida the last week in October, and HRC Coconut Plantation is a great place to stay.

Oct/Nov is such a nice time to go to FL. Not as hot and not as much rain.

Things can always change, but it is really about when you want to go. People make summer plans and if you want to go in summer you are likely better off owning in summer and having your guarantee week (or partial week). Outside of snowbird season (Jan-Apr) and summer, you likely will not have any issues booking with points 6+ months out at CP. 1880 points packages are often reasonable and we own an EOY and it works well enough for us - but we travel off season and don't have a summer booking need. Owning EOY and having points available for both years is tricky - you will have to pay attention to the week you own and also when you will have points available for bookings.

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs

win555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
worldmark
I'm considering this week for personal use as this looks like a great resort and it falls during school vacation.

Do low prices like this pass ROFR? Wouldn't it be easier for the seller to use the Hyatt deed back option?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The conventional TUG wisdom is to buy a platinum or diamond week in the Hyatt system. The reason is that regardless of week, you pay the same annual maintenance. So, the annual maintenance for a 2000 point higher value platinum week is the same as a 1300 point low season bronze week. And if you trade within the Hyatt internal system, 2000 points will give you a lot more options than 1300 annual points. Our needs and preferences change over time and you may find that trading options become much more valuable in 5 or 10 years. So, a higher point week means that you will have more future flexibility.

I doubt you need to worry about ROFR in the current climate where all companies seek to preserve capital.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if a bronze unit did not pass ROFR for basically free. They are happy to have someone paying the MFs.

I gave away a bronze unit elsewhere and had to pay closing cost to find someone who wanted it. But we got a lot of use out of it - so if you like that week and would use it then do what works for you. Just understand it will likely cost you money down the road to get rid of.

Week 24 - school is likely not out for most northern states but likely is for most southern states. And it is a very nice resort.

Last edited:

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
another option:

I've been watching this one. The price is too high for me plus the Closing Cost: $350, but I wonder what it will go for

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not call Bill Gabrielli, He is highly respected in the Hyatt resale department. He has a lot of Hyatt inventory.
1595271982917.png

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

win555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
worldmark
The conventional TUG wisdom is to buy a platinum or diamond week in the Hyatt system. The reason is that regardless of week, you pay the same annual maintenance. So, the annual maintenance for a 2000 point higher value platinum week is the same as a 1300 point low season bronze week. And if you trade within the Hyatt internal system, 2000 points will give you a lot more options than 1300 annual points. Our needs and preferences change over time and you may find that trading options become much more valuable in 5 or 10 years. So, a higher point week means that you will have more future flexibility.

I doubt you need to worry about ROFR in the current climate where all companies seek to preserve capital.

Ok. I will start making some low ball offers on platinum/diamond weeks on Redweek. The worst they can do is say no right?

I would be surprised if a bronze unit did not pass ROFR for basically free. They are happy to have someone paying the MFs.

I gave away a bronze unit elsewhere and had to pay closing cost to find someone who wanted it. But we got a lot of use out of it - so if you like that week and would use it then do what works for you. Just understand it will likely cost you money down the road to get rid of.

Week 24 - school is likely not out for most northern states but likely is for most southern states. And it is a very nice resort.
Thanks. Does that mean it would be easy to book with club points?

Any reason you didn't deed back your unit to Hyatt?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Ok. I will start making some low ball offers on platinum/diamond weeks on Redweek. The worst they can do is say no right?

I made over 20 low ball offers till one person accepted my offer of $4K for a Diamond, 2,200 point week... I would determine what price you want to pay and stick with that price and you will find someone that is willing to sell for that price...

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I made over 20 low ball offers till one person accepted my offer of $4K for a Diamond, 2,200 point week... I would determine what price you want to pay and stick with that price and you will find someone that is willing to sell for that price...
Impressive! We paid $3,000 for an 1880 pt Pinon Pointe which included free points for the current yr. Our other 2 were much more expensive.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score

When I checked there was no deed back. I doubt they would have taken it anyway. A bronze unit in AZ in Jan.

As far as booking with club points - that depends. It is easy in offseason, not easy in snowbird season and possibly summer. I have seen a lot more summer availability lately with HPP - which makes sense since they are finding very few victims for the points program and have HPP inventory.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Impressive! We paid $3,000 for an 1880 pt Pinon Pointe which included free points for the current yr. Our other 2 were much more expensive.

Just so everyone knows, I got this price in late 2018. I do not know if a Diamond unit at Beach House can be had for that price today.

In the later half of 2018, when I saw that many Hyatt's were not getting ROFR'd, I intensified my quest to purchase a Diamond week. I looked at every site that was selling the week and location I was looking for and made $4K offer's. It took about 3 months to get someone to accept my offer and then because the broker had no clue what he was doing, it took like 3.5 months to get it in my name in first quarter 2019 but that's a whole other story LOL

Hyatt was very nice and helped me use my points in 2019 because of how late this unit got into my name. My only negative with my Hyatt ownership is that after Marriott purchased ILG, the MF's went up and enormous amount.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I agree, impressive. I paid $4,000 for my 2,000 point Pinon Pointe but it was for the week I was looking for (mid-October) and the top floor of building one so I was happy.

win555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
worldmark
Just so everyone knows, I got this price in late 2018. I do not know if a Diamond unit at Beach House can be had for that price today.

In the later half of 2018, when I saw that many Hyatt's were not getting ROFR'd, I intensified my quest to purchase a Diamond week. I looked at every site that was selling the week and location I was looking for and made $4K offer's. It took about 3 months to get someone to accept my offer and then because the broker had no clue what he was doing, it took like 3.5 months to get it in my name in first quarter 2019 but that's a whole other story LOL

Hyatt was very nice and helped me use my points in 2019 because of how late this unit got into my name. My only negative with my Hyatt ownership is that after Marriott purchased ILG, the MF's went up and enormous amount.

What websites did you use? I browse Redweek, eBay & TUG.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland

Hyatt bought back a $4200 1880 pt BeachHouse so we ended buying one for 5,600 but the seller paid closing costs. Unexpectedly Hyatt upgraded it to 2200 pts so it ended up a decent deal. We never have used our set week however so appreciate our lower maintenance fees at Pinon Pointe