• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Plantation or Disney's Vero Beach Resort?

Steve

Reaction score
Which resort would you choose between Hyatt Coconut Plantation and Disney's Vero Beach Resort? Traditionally, we have preferred Sanibel Island for our Florida beach vacations...but we are thinking about trying either the Hyatt or Disney. We can get a two bedroom villa at either location, and we'll have three generations from college age to seniors. We won't have any small children.

The Hyatt looks a lot more elegant, but it is not on the beach. The Disney resort is right on the beach, but doesn't look quite as nice. Also, the beach at Vero looks a bit narrow and rough compared to many other Florida beaches.

We like low rise resorts that are fairly tranquil. That's why we like Sanibel, and it's why we are considering the Hyatt or Disney rather than the Marriotts at Marco, Fort Lauderdale, or Singer Island.

Which would you choose between Hyatt Coconut Planation and Disney's Vero Beach Resort? Has anyone been to both?

Thanks,

Steve

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both are great. Without small kids, I'd choose the Hyatt.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No --- but you CAN "get there from here"...

<snip> The Hyatt looks a lot more elegant, but it is not on the beach. <snip>

For whatever it may be worth in your decision process, be aware that while Coconut Plantation itself is indeed not on (or even particularly near) the beach, they do run a "water shuttle" directly to the beach (more specifically, right to the northern shore of Lover's Key State Park, at Big Carlos Pass).

I don't know their timetable, but the resort can surely provide details. Pretty convenient way to get right to the beach without having to drive, park, etc. I've never taken this water shuttle myself, but I have certainly seen it come and go from the Lover's Key area shoreline while walking either that same shoreline, or while walking the shoreline on the other (FMB) side of Big Carlos Pass. :shrug:

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about a two or three bed at Marriott's Ocean Pointe? It is a large enough resort that you can find some tranquil spots by one of the three pools and it is right on the beach. Funtime

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
For whatever it may be worth in your decision process, be aware that while Coconut Plantation itself is indeed not on (or even particularly near) the beach, they do run a "water shuttle" directly to the beach (more specifically, right to the northern shore of Lover's Key State Park, at Big Carlos Pass).

I don't know their timetable, but the resort can surely provide details. Pretty convenient way to get right to the beach without having to drive, park, etc. I've never taken this water shuttle myself, but I have certainly seen it come and go from the Lover's Key area shoreline while walking either that same shoreline, or while walking the shoreline on the other (FMB) side of Big Carlos Pass. :shrug:

FYI, that beach is kind of nasty and the water taxi is very inconvenient. When I was there I never met anyone that did it more than once just to say they did it, or to get a free dolphin viewing boat ride. Beach goers mostly plopped in their cars and drove to Sanibel, Vanderbilt, or Ft. Myers.

I would treat the Hyatt as a very nice inland golf resort, not a beach resort. The pools were very nice (though timeshare pools were cold with inconsistent closing times for us, hotel ones were very warm) and the golf course views were beautiful. However, although the hotel is right on estero bay, there is no view of it in any of the public areas of the hotel. You could be 10 miles inland and never know.

So the Hyatt felt like those places like Weston FL, Doral, Marriott Fairways Villas, Sheraton Br. Plantation, Marriott non-beach Hilton Head Island resorts, which are nice golf resorts but not really beach resorts. If popping out of your unit and walking 100 yards to get to the beach is important to you (like it is at Sanibel or Marco Island), the Hyatt isn't going to meet your needs. It just has a different feel to it.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want waterfront / beach, the Hyatts in KW are better.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe so, but the question asked by the OP was...

If you want waterfront / beach, the Hyatts in KW are better.

..."Which resort would you choose between Hyatt Coconut Plantation and Disney's Vero Beach Resort?"

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt would be my pick!

I stayed at Hyatt Coconut plantation during last NYE week.
High end resort with daily maid service, top notch amenities, etc...
If you like a more luxury feel, pick Hyatt coconut plantation. You would not regret.
View from your balcony and nature feeling is great.
If you are lucky, you can see bald eagles from your balcony each morning.
Peaceful, quiet location.
Free trolly and ferry service to Hyatt's private island which is a great experience each day as well.
You can see Manatee or dolphins on the way.
Stock your icebox with lunch, snack and beer (you can borrow ice packed cooler from front desk) and spend hours on the beach.
Great for shell collect, reading books, etc...
Never had any problem to find empty chairs or tables.
Planning to go there again next year spring break, loved resort!

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that the Hyatt Coconut Plantation did not have daily maid service. In fact, I missed having maid service at all because I overslept during the mid week cleaning and had a do not disturb sign on when they came around. I forgot to call to reschedule.

The Hyatt residence clubs like the one in Aspen do have daily maid service. They actually came around twice a day. Once for a daily cleaning and in the evening for turndown service and towel replacement. That was awesome.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a report on the Hyatt back in March; see the resorts databases for my comments. There is not daily maid service, but there is daily towel exchange and they will restock any soap/shampoo if you need. There is a mid-week full cleaning.