• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Carmel on Ebay

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I was looking into the 2 EBay Auctions for Carmel. It indicates 1B6 as Unit. Thanks asked the seller and indicated the same based on Estoppel. Is this legit?

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
Is this to purchase or just use the week? We own there and normally on the paperwork they list the actually room number. But there are many great deals out there now to purchase....except that the maintenance fees are around $1700.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
To purchase. We are SoCal so we hate the prices but it’s all about location, location, location.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We are in the midst of a purchase at this property right now.

Our unit is 437. On the official paperwork it’s referred to as “unit 87 also known as sales unit 437”. The estoppel calls it unit type 1B7. So I’m guessing 1B6 is a unit type, but I don’t know what that means.

Maybe if you call Hyatt that will know.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
However the actual unit number is on the estoppel as well, just to the left of the unit type B7 comment

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Good luck on that auction. Rick says no more timeshares, or I would be bidding against you.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
is The seller reputable? I looked them up on here, and don’t see any negative comments... but never know.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am in the process of transfer with this seller. It's a timeshare "exit" company that charges the owners to get rid of their timeshares, then dumps on eBay. It will not be a fast or smooth transaction, but you will get what is promised in the end.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of transfer with this seller. It's a timeshare "exit" company that charges the owners to get rid of their timeshares, then dumps on eBay. It will not be a fast or smooth transaction, but you will get what is promised in the end.

Thanks for the heads up. How long have you been in the transfer stage? What bumps have you experienced, or should I look out for?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thanks for the heads up. How long have you been in the transfer stage? What bumps have you experienced, or should I look out for?

It's been about four months, and I expect a couple of months more before it's fully transferred. So about six months in total. They did not have a good relationship with the seller at all, probably because the seller had paid a lot of money upfront to them to get rid of their timeshare and then later regretted it. So forget about seller making any reservations for you, etc, and the points may expire in the meantime. Also, the company is pretty clueless as for the transfer process and had to redo and resubmit some documents. But it was a great deal and worth it in the end.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

Hi echino, just curious , what Hyatt resort are you in process on?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been about four months, and I expect a couple of months more before it's fully transferred. So about six months in total. They did not have a good relationship with the seller at all, probably because the seller had paid a lot of money upfront to them to get rid of their timeshare and then later regretted it. So forget about seller making any reservations for you, etc, and the points may expire in the meantime. Also, the company is pretty clueless as for the transfer process and had to redo and resubmit some documents. But it was a great deal and worth it in the end.

Thank you for the information.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone retracted their bid. There were 17 bids at $638, and now 15 bids at $610. I wonder why?

Bill4728

Reaction score
The Hyatt in Carmel has two basic units types a 1 bed single floor unit with a balcony and a townhouse unit with no balcony.
Then there are three view classes. Garden view, ocean sky view and ocean view.

We love to sit on the balcony and look at the ocean so I'd never look to buy anything other than the ocean view, single floor w/ balcony units.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the midst of a purchase at this property right now.

Our unit is 437. On the official paperwork it’s referred to as “unit 87 also known as sales unit 437”. The estoppel calls it unit type 1B7. So I’m guessing 1B6 is a unit type, but I don’t know what that means.

Maybe if you call Hyatt that will know.

I looked at my estoppel and we are also 1B7 v. the 1B6 in this ebay listing. For comparison purposes, I have a 1 bedroom ocean view unit. So I would guess this is either a 1 bedroom garden view unit or 1 bedroom horizon view unit (ocean sky).

My Estoppel has a table titled "Interval Information" with 3 columns. The Unit Type: 1B7 is in the middle column. The actual unit and week is the first line in the 1st column.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I didn’t.

Mushed

Reaction score
I bid too! I did see it before I saw this post. I had a low max, though, not knowing exactly the view.