• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt and II

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been playing with the ideal of buying another Hyatt Diamond or Platinum week EY or EOY but have been a little unhappy about the need to pay another II fee when I have not used II a single time since I owned my Beach House Silver week since 2009. Now would need to pay 2x the fee..

Does the multiple week owner have any options for that? Or just the cost of doing business with Hyatt? When you cannot combine your non-Hyatt wees with your Hyatt II accounts, I might need another II account if I want to deposit in them again which would make it 3 accounts if I buy a 2nd Hyatt week :eek:

Does a lot of the other Hyatt owner using II? If so what % do you use versus Hyatt reservation.

dbmarch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hyatt Windward Pointe
Are you saying that if you buy a 2nd Hyatt week, it doesn't share the II account from the 1st Hyatt week? (The II points don't get combined?)

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own two Hyatt weeks (Sunset Harbor and Beach House) and they use the same II account. I'm not sure why the OP thinks they have to have separate II accounts for each week.

Are you saying that if you buy a 2nd Hyatt week, it doesn't share the II account from the 1st Hyatt week? (The II points don't get combined?)

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you owned 10 Hyatt weeks, you would be charged the annual II fee TEN times each year, but you would still have a single II account for all those 10 Hyatt units.

If you also owned a non-Hyatt II account, you cannot co-mingle the non-Hyatt points into the Hyatt II account or vice-versa.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you owned 10 Hyatt weeks, you would be charged the annual II fee TEN times each year, but you would still have a single II account for all those 10 Hyatt units.

If you also owned a non-Hyatt II account, you cannot co-mingle the non-Hyatt points into the Hyatt II account or vice-versa.

I don't mean separate II accounts for Hyatt, I mean separate II account fees since they are included with the M/F so you pay for each week you own. Since you are not allowed to put other TS on that Hyatt II account so you may have to get another II account with another II fee if you have other timeshares to put into II. So if I buy a 2nd Hyatt week and need to reactive my other II account to deposit something then I need to pay 3 II account fees (2 in Hyatt MF) and have 2 accounts.

If the II fee is optional after the first one, then I would prefer to put the higher value Hyatt on II and keep the other out to use in Hyatt since I have not used II once since I bought my resale.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
...If the II fee is optional after the first one, then I would prefer to put the higher value Hyatt on II and keep the other out to use in Hyatt since I have not used II once since I bought my resale.

Optional after the first one???? I don't understand what you are suggesting.

Actually, you don't put any Hyatt unit on II. It's just points where you transfer points from your HRC account. The oldest points will be transferred, provided you are within 9 months since you received the points in your account. You can transfer as many points as you like and not the entire value of the unit the points are based upon.

And yes, you are correct in paying the II fee for every Hyatt unit owned as the II fees are included in the MF. You just have a single II account which can only be used as related to Hyatt timeshares. It's too bad that any non-Hyatt timeshare can not be combined into the Hyatt II account.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess for some other hotel TS programs the II fee are separate so people can opt out. that way you can take advantage of multi year discount and you need to only pay once if you own multiple weeks.

Also I am a member of the Hyatt GP Rewards program. I used to be Diamond and has dropped to Platinum. It would be nice if the Hyatt works similar to Mariott where your TS stays counts towards your night requirements for the hotel side. That would help in keeping my status with Hyatt.

Another idea I had of how HRC can improve its reservation system.. Add the ability to reserve for 5 days. Currently you need 2 reservations and thus 2x $39 reservation fees to book a 3 day weekend and a 2 day weekdays. you can book a 7 days for 1 reservation fee but not 5 days. Sometimes you don't have enough points to book 7 days..