• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Nicole Timeshare Damage

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Figured I would start a Nicole thread. There could be some Daytona Beach area timeshares that did not fare well with Nicole, after what Ian did to begin with.

Any updates, lets post them here.

Waiting for NOAA to upload new satelitte scans for the impacted area. Ian's are out there, but suspect a new batch will be posted.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi We are hearing a lot about Storm damages and Flooding. We are in Osceola county and no significant damage to our house, but flooding in other areas of the county. More damage to beachfront houses and resorts in Daytona and New Smyrna, also Wilbur by the Sea, houses collapsing into the ocean.
We have a scheduled exchange in December at Vistana Beach Club, in Jensen Beach, heard that the Hurricane made landfall right in that area.
Does anyone know how the area is now? Local weather not showing much of that area.
This is so devastating and we feel terrible for the loss, we send our sympathy to anyone who lost their property during this Hurricane.
Silentg

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
My prayers go out to the people along the beach in Daytona Beach area. I drove on this beach last and now it is gone. There are possibly other areas on the Atlantic coast of Florida that are badly damaged. Prayers to all.

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Bluegreen website re Daytona Seabreeze, in Daytona Beach Shores - "Additionally, based on the team’s assessment of Daytona Seabreeze the resort will remain closed until November 18. Owners with reservations for Daytona Seabreeze over these dates will have their reservations canceled and points refunded to their owner accounts."

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
From a Facebook post in a St.Augustine group, but from a member's son who lives in Daytona Beach.
1668122840143.png

1668122861484.png

1668122929939.png

~Diane

Attachments

• 1668123050807.png
    1668123050807.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 81

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To all in that area please be safe in taking photos.

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Hurricane Nicole, Vilano Beach_n.jpg
Hurrican Nicole,11,22, Vilano_n.jpg

From just north of St. Augustine at Vilano on A1A where about 6 miles of it is closed.

~Diane

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My friend, who lives on Merritt Island, said Nicole was worse than Ian (for them) due to the wind. Not as much rain, so didn't get the flooding.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

From downtown St. Augustine (near Bridge of Lions) this morning. Most of the water has receded but as of 5pm the
Bridge was still closed due to flooding at either end.

Hurricane Nicole,, St Augustine_n.jpg
Hurricane Nicole, downtown,n.jpg

~Diane

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This hurricane was the first one to make landfall in the month of November in Florida in over 40 years. A category 1 stormed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
will say that at least up here in jax, the flooding was WAY worse than with IAN....despite the storm being significantly less wind/rain.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
will say that at least up here in jax, the flooding was WAY worse than with IAN....despite the storm being significantly less wind/rain.

Probably because you were more on the windward side of Nicole and the leeward side of Ian. Plus throw in the giant moon which brought the tides up even without a hurricane. We had quite a bit of surge even in Clearwater but the last few days of tides have been crazy low and crazy high. We call them King tides in San Diego. Not sure if they use that term here.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This hurricane was the first one to make landfall in the month of November in Florida in over 40 years. A category 1 stormed.

And it figures it happens on our first Snowbirding fall here! From the USA Today "Nicole is only the third November hurricane to hit Florida since recordkeeping began in 1853. The previous ones were the 1935 "Yankee" Hurricane and Hurricane Kate in 1985."

~Diane

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Re: Beach houses falling into the sea.
-- There's an old expression --
"Live by the sea. Die by the sea." (adapted).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are watching NBC Today TV show and Hurricane Nicole damages are heartbreaking.
To the residents in Florida, please be safe and we are praying thing's we get better in the future.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Ocean Walk fared well, so it seems. This is looking from the ocean up to the pool deck. And second picture showing stairs down to the beach. The water is still high, but even the stairs may be okay.

They had a mandatory evacuation Tuesday - resort and staff. Staff is back today cleaning and inspecting. They expect to open tomorrow.

Well built and higher than most other stuctures.

South of here did not do so well, as you've seen on TV (the houses falling into the ocean). Some areas (around Dunlawton St. beach access) had temporary sea walls, due to damage to Ian. I don't know, but likely there was quite a bit of those temporary repairs along the coast? And of course, those didn't hold up to Nicole. So sad, so unfortunate to follow so closely to Ian. For my relative in Port Orange, Ian was worse due to flooding (and a most favorable direction of the wind they caught from Nicole). They did not get the flooding on the other side of the Halifax with Nicole, like they did with Ian. Yes, flooding, a couple feet less made a huge difference (in the yard versus in the house).

Attachments

• Ocean Walk boardwalk looking west.jpg
    Ocean Walk boardwalk looking west.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Ocean Walk Nicole.jpg
    Ocean Walk Nicole.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 171

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
One more Ocean Walk picture - I just noticed I had this one. Looking south toward the benches, bandshell and pier. I read the pier is closed until inspected (but it's still there). And there seems to be quite a bit of footage of the water breaking through the boardwalk in front of the bandshell. So it's nice to see it's relatively intact.

The person that sent these said it's a beautiful sunny day. Why is it that way right after a hurricane? Not complaining. We were beyond lucky for good weather immediately following Michael 4 years ago (Panama City). If the sun hadn't come out like it did we would have had far more damage (due to the ridge vents and other roofing coming off during Michael).

Oh... I saw reports stating debris piles from Ian remained intact.

Attachments

• Ocean Walk bandshell pier Nicole.jpg
    Ocean Walk bandshell pier Nicole.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 107

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
We have reservations at Ocean Walk beginning Monday. We just received an email from Wyndham stating Ocean Walk will reopen Sunday but the beach is closed and may remain closed through the week. I’ll probably drive down Monday and see what it’s like. If it isn’t worth staying, it’s not a big deal. It’s only an hour away. The email said we could call Customer Care to cancel our reservation and get the points refunded to the current UY. That wouldn’t help us as we don’t have a week available before the end of the year.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach and had to evacuate on Wednesday morning. They cancelled the rest of our reservation through Saturday. We have a second week there through an RCI exchange starting on Sunday. According to RCI they will be open on Sunday for our check in date but I had not heard that the beach might be closed all week. Not sure I want to hang out in Daytona for the week with no beach access.

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi We are hearing a lot about Storm damages and Flooding. We are in Osceola county and no significant damage to our house, but flooding in other areas of the county. More damage to beachfront houses and resorts in Daytona and New Smyrna, also Wilbur by the Sea, houses collapsing into the ocean.
We have a scheduled exchange in December at Vistana Beach Club, in Jensen Beach, heard that the Hurricane made landfall right in that area.
Does anyone know how the area is now? Local weather not showing much of that area.
This is so devastating and we feel terrible for the loss, we send our sympathy to anyone who lost their property during this Hurricane.
Silentg
Fort Pierce and Hutchinson Island were the bullseye point. We were spared the worst and the storm left quickly overnight. Cleanup and patching up began immediately. Lots of shoreline damage to walkways and serious beach erosion. South end of South Hutchinson Island (Jenson/Stuart) were affected with beach erosion, too. Always, the area of Bathtub Beach is at risk. I have been here 11 years, seldom is that place open because it is so at risk for erosion. Y'all come. The weather is great.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
test, someone reported an issue with this post not showing up properly?

folgema

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kingsgate
I’m sitting on the beach in Clearwater with my friends who were supposed to check into Outrigger in Ormond Beach today. They were contacted late yesterday and told that resort is closed and their reservation canceled. They been on the phone with RCI nonstop, but there’s nothing available for them to trade to (she wants Beach!). We were originally scheduled to be in Fort Myers Beach right now, but that obviously didn’t happen. We flew in Thursday and landed in the middle of it. I think it’s time to find a new place to vacation for a while! My prayers continue to be with all the people who are affected.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach and had to evacuate on Wednesday morning. They cancelled the rest of our reservation through Saturday. We have a second week there through an RCI exchange starting on Sunday. According to RCI they will be open on Sunday for our check in date but I had not heard that the beach might be closed all week. Not sure I want to hang out in Daytona for the week with no beach access.
It is becoming harder to believe in RCI customer service now. IMHO

Reaction score
And it's not going to get better. I live next to Interstate 4 in Debary where Lake Monroe dumps into the St Johns River (SJR). Both are over flood stage, and since the SJR flows north to Jacksonville, all of our floodwaters are headed your way for the next few weeks.

TS