• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Ian Florida Resort Updates thread!

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
So far, it appears that the SW Florida coast from Englewood to Bonita Beach was hit very hard, including Venice, Charlotte Harbor, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, and Sanibel/Captiva Islands. To a lesser extent, flooding has been reported in central Florida, including greater Orlando. Now, it's on the central/north Atlantic coast of Florida, heading up past Daytona. These things are impossible to predict and everyone is wondering about the actual damage, once it's gone.

Our DS/DDIL and their family are visiting us in NC from north Tampa. We're thankful that they're all safe. Their condo, 20 minutes inland, apparently has power and was spared major damage. Some of their neighbors had evacuated Tampa to Orlando, only to experience hotel window damage in Orlando! Still praying for the people of Florida. Would like to hear reports from other Tuggers/Floridians re: how they've managed. Later, we'll hear about the many timeshare resorts. Anyone reporting in?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’m currently at Vistana Beach Club in Jensen beach. A palm tree blew over and landed on the wooden beach walkway and broke the railing. Glad no one was walking on it when the tree came down. It’s still very windy but we never lost power or internet.

We were thinking about driving back to Clearwater Beach today but I checked the beach cams and it’s still very windy there as well so might as well stay off the road until the tail end of this blows through.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Saw Naples and Marco Island took a hit. Wondering how the Marriott Crystal Shores and other Marco Isl properties faired.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
great thread, was coming here to start one and was happy to see it already going!

here is the timeshare map of all those that appear to be at "ground zero"...ill try to come up with a list and see if we can get updates for each!

1664475461753.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sarasota:
Sandpiper Beach Club
Calini Beach Club
Siesta Sands Beach Resort
Hibiscus Suites
Sarasota Sands
Lido Beach Resort

Englewood:
Englewood Beach and Yacht Club

Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte:
Charlotte Bay Resort
Fishermans Village

Captiva/Sanibel island:
South Seas Resort
Hurricane House
Caribe Beach Resort
sanibel cottages
casa ybel
sanibel beach club
tortuga beach club
surfrider beach club
shell island beach club
lighthouse resort and club
sanibel harbour resort

Cape coral
marinavillage

Ft. Meyers/bonita Springs
Pink Shell Beach Resort
Beach Club
Windward Passage
Bel-Air Beach Club
Sandcastle Beach Club
Royal Beach Club
Harbour House
Marina Village Snug Harbor
Estero Island Beach Club
Sunstream Vacation Club/Diamondhead beach resort
Neptune resort
Island Towers
Kahlua Beach Club
Lahaina Inn
Seawatch on the beach
Caribbean beach club
mariners boathouse
tropical sands
hyatt Coconut Plantation
Bonita resort

Naples
gulf pointe
vanderbilt beach and harbour
inn at pelican bay
park shore
white sands resort
bayfront inn
sandrift resort
charter club naples bay

Marco Island
marco inn
marco resort and club
sunrise bay
susnet cove
marriott crystal shores
eagles nest
club regency
surf club of marco

Keys
Galleon resort
ocean key house
hyatt sunset harbor
banyan resort
coconut beach resort
hyatt windward pointe
coconut mallory resort
hyatt beach house
coral hammock
hawks nest
tranquility bay
marathon key beach club
reef at marathon
indigo reef
cocoplum beach
hawks cay
caloosa cove
topsider resort
matecumbe
ocean pointe key largo
florida bay club
port largo villas
hammocks at marathon
anchorage resort

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
please let me know if some were missed! the google integrated maps might have some really old data in it!

also if there is already an existing thread for a specific resort with updates, can just link them here in this one for consolidation purposes!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
please let me know if some were missed! the google integrated maps might have some really old data in it!

also if there is already an existing thread for a specific resort with updates, can just link them here in this one for consolidation purposes!

Charter Club on Marco Island. I happened to see a post in the FB group and they said the resort weathered the storm ok. They haven’t done individual unit inspections yet.

Marco is further south than Sanibel and wasn’t on the insane side of the storm the way it was moving. I’m concerned about the Ft Myers and Sanibel resorts.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i just saw on the news that the keys took a pretty good beating as it passed by them before it hit land, and have not really heard many updates on any of those resorts either!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
florida bay club (key largo) posted this to their facebook page a few hours ago, guess its not so bad there!

1664481721921.jpeg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
on the other side of the state, coco beach resort (cape Canaveral area) posted this:

"Good Afternoon Hope everyone stayed safe. The Resort and Beach area all held up well, and We are all safe. See you on Saturday. "

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I just talked to a friend in Clearwater Beach and she said it’s totally dry. She also mentioned normal storms that hit are worse than this as far as water damage. She was referring to Clearwater beach and not the southern part of the state. So, I’m guessing the upper gulf resorts are probably in good shape. I’ll be leaving Jensen beach and driving west tomorrow.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, the reporters in tampa/etc are showing relatively low impacts from the storm! extremely lucky!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
yes, the reporters in tampa/etc are showing relatively low impacts from the storm! extremely lucky!

Yes. When the storm sucked a lot of water out of the bay I thought it was going to be chaos when it all flowed back in. My place is on the 3rd floor so I really wasn’t worried about that. I just didn’t want my 2020 car to get destroyed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wyndham clearwater beach posted this just a few hours ago:

Access to Clearwater Beach has been restored, and we are fully operational after the passing of Hurricane Ian. We will begin welcoming back guests on October 1st, 2022.

1664496891819.jpeg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
atlantic terrace resort (daytona beach) posted this, things might be worse there than expected!

Dear Owners!
We appreciate your compassion when it comes to our resort and staff. There have been many questions out there about the current condition of Atlantic Terrace. Due to the local curfew in place, flash flooding and bridge closures, our staff won’t be able to get to the property until tomorrow morning. Once on site, we will do a comprehensive inspection and we will give you an accurate update on the resort.
Some of our staff suffered extensive flood damages to their homes and vehicles, so we might have limited number of employees on site tomorrow to deal with the aftermath of the storm. Our priority will be to begin the immediate cleanup and to communicate with guests who are scheduled to arrive tomorrow and next week. The phone lines will be busy. We are asking you to be patient if you can’t get through right away.
Stay tuned for updates!
Thank you for all the prayers and support!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
udpate on turtle club/vanderbilt beach:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Maybe someone knows the answer to this question. Why has the storm surge been so extreme with this hurricane?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
A few lessons I hope people learn are:
1) Evacuate when you are told to do so.
2) Make sure your home insurance also covers floods.
3) Know that hurricanes can change direction at any time but the general vicinity is often correct.
4) Just because you are inland does not mean you will not have extremely heavy rains and flooding.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Maybe someone knows the answer to this question. Why has the storm surge been so extreme with this hurricane?

From what was described on the channel I was watching, part of the answer is because of where the storm came ashore. At Naples, there is a natural inward curve to the coastline. The storm moved so slowly, there was lots of time and increasingly more wind pushing the seawater onshore. Because there are rivers in that area, the water flowed upriver, and caused damage further inland than it may have otherwise.

Dave

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
From what was described on the channel I was watching, part of the answer is because of where the storm came ashore. At Naples, there is a natural inward curve to the coastline. The storm moved so slowly, there was lots of time and increasingly more wind pushing the seawater onshore. Because there are rivers in that area, the water flowed upriver, and caused damage further inland than it may have otherwise.

Dave

Naples got hit so hard during this storm, I think it's actually worse than Irma.