• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Douglas

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
A warning just went off along with the alarm. Warning to make your final plans to get where you need to be.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
View from my backdoor at the moment. Won't look like this in a few hours.
dd76ac3f29075e02480cfdbed410998a.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Stay safe, folks!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A friend of mine on Molokai let me know that Douglas is passing north but they will still get the edges of the cone of the storm.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I was thinking the same thing about the shopping. I was hoping it wouldn’t be that bad with the stocking up for the virus. I was even able to get a parking spot easily.

Good Luck with the Storm all of you Oahu residents. We wish we were there to ride it out with you.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good Luck with the Storm all of you Oahu residents. We wish we were there to ride it out with you.

Mahalo

So far I heard Oahu can expect between 4 and 8 inches of rain.

Kapolei

Reaction score
The eye of Hurricane Douglas is being tracked by the Molokai WSR-88D
radar as the tropical cyclone moves west-northwest, north of Maui.
Hurricane Hunters from the Air Force 53rd Weather Reconnaissance
Squadron continue to conduct missions through Douglas and have
observed Douglas experiencing southerly vertical wind shear.

Kapolei

Reaction score
No wind or rain here. Kaua’i will be the only ones hit.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No wind or rain here. Kaua’i will be the only ones hit.

Yes, looks like Kauai is still in the path. They say we can still get some rain. We’ll see. Just cloud here now.

I have a friend on Molokai and things are fine now there. The warning was just called off for Maui county.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
This was our sunset. No sign of Douglas, but we saw a double rainbow (only 1 in the pic).
4144084dbb5eab596aee6acbef338c46.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s our view of the rainbow and a short video. Looks like Oahu is out of the cone now but it can still affect Kauai.
6419540F-F5B4-4915-BFBC-4D41924E283F.jpeg

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Here’s our view of the rainbow and a short video. Looks like Oahu is out of the cone now but it can still affect Kauai.
View attachment 24150

It seens like you got nothing at all!! Not even some rain and winds. When we miss the center of a Hurricane on Long Island we still get some pretty heavy rain and wind.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I’m glad to see that Douglas passed north and didn’t cause much damage! I’m always happy when people are able to grumble about making all those preparations for nothing!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We saw DBL rainbow too, at sunset. Actually saw the whole arc of rainbow, but other end was too faint to photograph.

We're a little more inland than slip, on a shoulder between a valley and a "heights". We got 1 sizeable gust of about 25-35 mph, and a short period of heavy rain, and that was it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, we really only had some rain during the day. No winds at all. The now wind actually made it humid last night.

Glad to here even Kauai is out of the warning now as it past north of them also. Great news all the way around.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we really only had some rain during the day. No winds at all. The now wind actually made it humid last night.

Glad to here even Kauai is out of the warning now as it past north of them also. Great news all the way around.
Glad the danger is past and you can get back to the business of living in paradise! :)

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad the danger is past and you can get back to the business of living in paradise! :)

Jim

Everything is so good, I even had to go into work today. All county and state employees are off today so the traffic was extremely lite.

Then I get into work and the warning went off because Big Island has a 4.8 magnitude earthquake but at least it wasn’t strong enough to trigger a Tsunami.

And, today is an anniversary for me. I moved to Hawaii one year ago today.:banana::cheer::love:

Last edited:

Kapolei

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. We got missed again! This one still had some punch passing to the North. Fortunately. its coordinates were just a little off. This is typical. Eventually we will be hit. It is just rare to get a direct hit due to the immense size of the Pacific and the location we are at. The Hawaiians that first arrived here, most definitely found a paradise. We are blessed to live here.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Was a very nice day at KoOlina yesterday. Very humid with no trade winds. No rain the whole day and blue skys with light clounds most of the day.

Hawaii got spared another hurricane. Lucky we live Hawaii some will say.:cheer::cheer::cheer: