• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hubby's heart...

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Thanks you all for your replies! I really appreciate the support. Hubby came home today, Still with a 98% blockage. It's been quite frustrating. We've had three cardiologists from the same practice and one of their PA's chiming in. We've had the urologist and his PA. Hubby's first appointment was with the head cardiologist of the practice who told him he was no longer doing procedures. Second cardiologist did the procedure, found the blockage, tried to get in with balloon and stent and failed. He is the one who said next step would be rotoblation by the third cardiologist. Then the bleeding and need to find cause. By the time the urologist went in yesterday around noon, the bleeding had stopped. Prostate looked OK, though enlarged, and there were some clots in there that he cleaned out. There was a spot that looked irritated, but not like cancer, at the head of the bladder that he biopsied. No word no that yet. Though he could not definitively say that the prostate was the cause of the bleeding, he gave his go ahead for the rotoblation procedure and said that he could control the bleeding after and down the road if need be. Re-enter first cardiologist and head of practice, who told us there was no way they were going to do rotoblation, pushing that much blood thinner during procedure, and the year, at least, he'd have to be on two of them. And no way was open heart surgery indicated. So they were to send hubby home late yesterday afternoon but he had a rough time in the recovery room and then a couple hours later an uncontrolled angina event (He was, and had been, at rest when it occurred). So they kept him over last night. About 9:30 pm hubby called me and said he thought he'd just had a heart attack and that it was the worst pain he's felt. He had been sleeping, the phone rang, he sat up in the bed and it started. Nurse gave him nitroglycerin. First cardiologist changed one of the meds and again said no to rotoblation and stent. Hubby had no problems today and was released in the mid-afternoon with four new prescriptions.

I had hubby ask for a copy of all of the records, including notes, but it could be a month before we receive them. I would like for him to consult with cardiology at MUSC (the teaching hospital next door to the one he was in) and possibly go to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. Hubby wants to see where the meds lead him for right now but is not adverse to a second (4th?) opinion. He came home and started unloading boxes of merchandise that had arrived for his business, but did go to bed early. I'll let you know if anything changes. Thanks again for all the support!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad he's home and feeling well enough to go through his 'stuff'. Regardless of the outcome, he's in charge. We'll keep you both in our thoughts and hearts.

Jim

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a story. If he’s willing to go for a consult I would try to schedule an appt. It could take several months to get seen. He could always cancel it if he’s doing better. Thanks for posting all this and good luck.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I hope you convince him to take it easy while he still has that blockage and to consult with another cardiologist, Mayo sounds like an excellent choice.

You do not have to wait for copies of the records. A release form could be signed at a new cardiologist, they can access records a lot quicker and get all the test results he had while in the hospital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
He still has a 98% blockage and there is no plan for stenting or bypass? time for a third opinion. Go somewhere else. Been there, done that. What they are offering him is the crap they get from the free health care system in the UK. My neighbor had a heart attack on the plane on the way over here. They gave him aspirin and sent him home.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make that either mint choc chip or double fudge! Positive thoughts to you and hubby during this stressful time and +1 to your preference for Mayo. Both hubby and I have been there and they do it right! But for many procedures, they will outright tell you to have it done it at home if it isn't something slightly "outside of the box".

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of you read of the impending procedure to take a look at my hubby's heart. He kept his pain a secret from all for three months and finally saw his GP last week. His EKG was abnormal. Sent for a nuclear stress test on treadmill which was also abnormal but did not show where or how much blockage. He was put on beta blockers and referred to cardiologist who said they'd have to go in and take a look and that studies find medication works as well as stents or bypass in most cases. That was set for Monday afternoon. I was frightened for him and COVID made that fear even worse. I could not go with him, visit, or even be there if is he was dying. Numerous Tuggers assured me this procedure was common and that the hospitals have the COVID thing isolated and he'd be safe.

Update. He's still in the hospital. Cardiologist found right coronary artery blockage at 98%. He could not get a balloon through, nor a stent in. He scheduled a different, not often used, procedure with another cardiologist. Called "rotoblation" and uses an acorn shaped, diamond tipped, Dremel like tool to bore out some of the blockage and probably put in a stent. They kept him over night and it was scheduled for this morning. That didn't happen either. After Monday's procedure, hubby had a big hematoma on wrist and his urine has been very bloody since. Cardiologist said he was glad he didn't get a stent in yesterday because hubby would have to be on a blood thinner for at least a year. Same with rotoblation. So they went hunting for cause. Settled on his having had a Turp procedure on his prostate over a year or more ago. Said small blood vessels were cut and remain in lining and blood thinners during procedure caused them to bleed and he couldn't be put on blood thinners as required. Urologist who did the Turp was called in and had to get hospital's permission to order a CT scan and do procedure there to look in prostate. Got it. That's tomorrow, Cardiologist says that if all OK, then Thursday will be rotoblation. But I want to know why the bleeding before they do something that requires his being on blood thinners for a year or more. What a choice! Bleed to death or die of a heart attack??? For now, he's on beta blockers and nitroglycerin.

I've had a bad feeling about his hospital for some time. Tried to talk him to moving to the teaching hospital next door or get in the car and let's drive to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, but he says he's there and is going to see it through.

I am so wordy, aren't I? Sorry.
Sending my very best wishes to you all. I hope things improve.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread.

You are going through some scary times. Please do not wait, schedule another opinion. You want to be comfortable with whatever decision you/both reach wether it's a hospital or a doctor/surgery/no surgery, etc.

My husband has been through the ringer too - definitely know all those feelings and emotions. Sending my best wishes, prayers and a quick answer/speedy recovery.
(not sure where you are in NC - Dr. Joseph McGinn was my husband's surgeon/practicing in Charlotte, NC).

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
So happy he’s home. I remember very little of what went on prior to my open heart surgery. We tend to zone out when confronted with life altering news. My wife and daughter are my memory of my hospital stays and procedures. I’m not familiar with MUSC other than they are capable of servicing my LVAD but since that requires a specially trained cardiology dept I would definitely check them out. But, we all know the reputation of the Mayo Clinic so it sounds like youve got two great choices. Based off my experience you need to nudge him to follow up, soon!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So very sorry! You have a lot on your plate! Wishing for a speedy recovery for your husband and some rest for you!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry you're both going through all of this, Glynda. It sounds very frustrating. Hoping you find a solution and get things resolved soon. Good luck!

Dave

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
Glynda, your problems sound like ours from last year, except for the rotablation. I would definitely get another opinion at MUSC or Mayo- which ever is closer to home in case you need to make multiple return visits. There can be a significant difference in hospitals and outcomes. Teaching hospitals often have more resources and cutting edge technology. If your gut instincts aren’t comfortable with Roper, go with them.
Keeping you both in our prayers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
My Grandfather died at about 37 of a heart attack in Saskatchewan. My Father died at 61.5 of a major heart attack. I have had 2 events with angioplasty and stenting. He had better take it real easy. No stress. With a 98% blockage he is heading for trouble.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
An update. Our wonderful friend, and fellow Tugger, JME, realized he has a niece-in-law whose mother is a cardiac OR nurse at MUSC. JME arranged for me to be able to call the nurse to talk about the next step of getting a second opinion there and with whom. She was lovely to talk to and asked me to write a little synopsis of hubby's problem and said she would show it to one of the two top cardiac surgeons. She did so the next day and he said that he would look at the images from the Roper procedure. We heard last night that he has and said that he saw the right side occlusion but the images are not as good as they could be and he would want another cath procedure. We will hopefully be able to make an appointment with him and move forward.

Last edited:

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
An update. Our wonderful friend, and fellow Tugger, JME, realized he has a niece-in-law whose mother is a cardiac OR nurse at MUSC. JME arranged for me to be able to call the nurse to talk about the next step of getting a second opinion there. She was lovely to talk to and asked me to write a little synopsis of hubby's problem and said she would show it to one of the two top cardiac surgeons. She did so the next day and he said that he would look at the images. We heard last night that he has and said that he saw the right side occlusion but the images are not as good as they could be and he would want another cath procedure. We will hopefully be able to make an appointment with him and move forward.
The wonderful world of TUGGERS

jimkin

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your husbands issues Glynda. I'm supposed to have the same procedure but haven't scheduled it yet. I do hope you hear good news for this next set of tests.