• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hubby's heart...

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Gosh Glynda, lots going on, and so hard that you have to be away from him. Sending both of you well wishes and praying for you hubby.

On Friday I’ll be taking my dad to musc for an mri and biopsy. Not sure if that’s where you’ll be hanging out or not...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Will keep you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers. I have had 2 episodes of angioplasty with stent placement. First was in April 2008. The 2nd was in July 2016. I had chest pain, normal EKG, normal chest x-ray, normal blood pressure, normal pulse rate, etc. Because of my history and my family history my Doctor insisted on stress test and nuclear imaging. Normal results. Slight thing seen on nuclear imaging but Radiologist and Cardiologist said could be movement artifact. Again my Doctor insisted on angiogram. 90% blockage found. It was right in the center of the previous stent. I take 2 - 325mg aspirin a day. You would thing I would bleed out with the slightest cut. But my bleeding stops really fast.

By the way not all blockages are caused by cholesterol. Mine were not.

Hang in there.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I’m sorry to hear this. I wish a speedy and positive resolution for your husband as well as your mom.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We are tougher sometimes than our spouses think. My poor wife has been dealing with my heart failure for 27 yrs now! When I was 43 I had a 5 way bypass done. Through the years I’ve had seven heart attacks, a cardiac ablation, a right heart cath every year for many many years and in 2016 a left ventricular assist device (LVAD) was finally implanted! Now my heart is beating only because of the two 14 amp batteries I’m connected to. But, I still try and play golf a couple of times a week and all my other normal chores. We are tough old dogs. im sure the worst thing for you right now is being separated. I am deeply sorry you are having to go through this but we have great doctors that can do things we never thought possible just a few years ago and the medical teaching hospital in Charleston is one of only two hospitals in all of S.C. that can are care of my LVAD so I know they have some great cardiologists.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We are tougher sometimes than our spouses think. My poor wife has been dealing with my heart failure for 27 yrs now! When I was 43 I had a 5 way bypass done. Through the years I’ve had seven heart attacks, a cardiac ablation, a right heart cath every year for many many years and in 2016 a left ventricular assist device (LVAD) was finally implanted! Now my heart is beating only because of the two 14 amp batteries I’m connected to. But, I still try and play golf a couple of times a week and all my other normal chores. We are tough old dogs. im sure the worst thing for you right now is being separated. I am deeply sorry you are having to go through this but we have great doctors that can do things we never thought possible just a few years ago and the medical teaching hospital in Charleston is one of only two hospitals in all of S.C. that can are care of my LVAD so I know they have some great cardiologists.
Wow, you’ve done well! I knew he should have gone to MUSC next door. But he’s in Roper.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will keep you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers. I have had 2 episodes of angioplasty with stent placement. First was in April 2008. The 2nd was in July 2016. I had chest pain, normal EKG, normal chest x-ray, normal blood pressure, normal pulse rate, etc. Because of my history and my family history my Doctor insisted on stress test and nuclear imaging. Normal results. Slight thing seen on nuclear imaging but Radiologist and Cardiologist said could be movement artifact. Again my Doctor insisted on angiogram. 90% blockage found. It was right in the center of the previous stent. I take 2 - 325mg aspirin a day. You would thing I would bleed out with the slightest cut. But my bleeding stops really fast.

By the way not all blockages are caused by cholesterol. Mine were not.

Hang in there.
My hubby told me that he knew this was worse than first cardiologist said. And has turned out so. Glad your doctor insisted on the angiogram too!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gosh Glynda, lots going on, and so hard that you have to be away from him. Sending both of you well wishes and praying for you hubby.

On Friday I’ll be taking my dad to musc for an mri and biopsy. Not sure if that’s where you’ll be hanging out or not...

I’m at home with my mother. He’s in Roper next door to MUSC. Hospitals won’t allow anyone inside except patients due to COVID.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So shocked to hear this, Glynda!! A tough situation to have to deal with at the best of times. Add the complications of a pandemic, plus the issue with your mother, and it can be a real stress maker. Your mother gave you good advice!

He seems to be in good hands, so try not to fret too much (easier said than done)! You also know that all three of you will be in our thoughts and prayers. We are wishing both your husband and your mother speedy recoveries.

In the meantime, try to enjoy the chocolate ice cream (one thing at a time)!!! Taking care of yourself is just as important at times like this as being a caregiver and supporter for your loved ones! We will be thinking of you.

Thanks. It’s been more of a shock because he didn’t tell anyone for so long.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, this is a lot to go through. In 2016 my husband went through cancer surgery/radiation and then had a 90% blockage on his left anterior descending artery in 2017 (treated with a stent). We just had to trust that his doctor's knew what they were doing. It is tough to do. He just got his most recent blood tests back - still no evidence of cancer, and so far the stent is working. I would like to say that I am breathing a sigh of relief, but you never really relax. I worry every day, but a bit less than I used to.

I hope that it will bring you comfort to know that us tuggers are sending you strength and prayers to see you though this difficult time. Please let us know how your husband progresses. (((hugs))) to both of you.

You’ve had a lot “on your plate” too. Good news! I know the fear of return is always present but you can allow yourself that sigh of relief! Yes, having Tuggers to “talk” to really does help and I appreciate the support & prayers!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hugs! Get some sleep tonight. Best wishes for a positive outcome tomorrow.

Thanks! Didn’t get much last night but am going back to bed for a bit this morning!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
@Glynda please try to take care of yourself. I know it is hard with what is going on but it is what you have 100% control of. Ultimately you can’t take care of anyone else if you fall apart.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you are able to listen/watch in on the consultations with his care team.
I will keep you all in my prayers.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glynda, we hope all is turning out well today. Keep us posted. One thing that bothers me. Your husband not mentioning chest pain for some time. This is not something to keep to one's self. Did he say it was to keep you from worrying? Or that he feared you would nag him to call a doc? Sometimes us guys just think, 'It'll go away on it's own- I've hurt before and look, I'm still here.' This mindset is why women outlive men the vast majority of the time.

Wishing you both well. Take care of yourself! You're the only YOU we have!

Jim

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@Glynda keep us posted. We're all pulling for your husband. And take care of yourself as well.

P.S. I was put on blood thinners awhile ago and told I'd be on them for life. It's not bad.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glynda, good luck with everything. I hope everyone feels better soon.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck today and hope to hear some positive news soon

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glynda, we hope all is turning out well today. Keep us posted. One thing that bothers me. Your husband not mentioning chest pain for some time. This is not something to keep to one's self. Did he say it was to keep you from worrying? Or that he feared you would nag him to call a doc? Sometimes us guys just think, 'It'll go away on it's own- I've hurt before and look, I'm still here.' This mindset is why women outlive men the vast majority of the time.

Wishing you both well. Take care of yourself! You're the only YOU we have!

Jim

Thanks Jim for thinking of us. I think he was in denial and thought it would go away. He only told me when he did because I questioned why he wasn't having his appointment with his primary physician virtually.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks Jim for thinking of us. I think he was in denial and thought it would go away. He only told me when he did because I questioned why he wasn't having his appointment with his primary physician virtually.
Sometimes stubbornness is so frustrating!

I hope that things are going well. We are all thinking of both of you.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thinking of you and hope all goes well with your husband.