• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hubby's heart...

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Some of you read of the impending procedure to take a look at my hubby's heart. He kept his pain a secret from all for three months and finally saw his GP last week. His EKG was abnormal. Sent for a nuclear stress test on treadmill which was also abnormal but did not show where or how much blockage. He was put on beta blockers and referred to cardiologist who said they'd have to go in and take a look and that studies find medication works as well as stents or bypass in most cases. That was set for Monday afternoon. I was frightened for him and COVID made that fear even worse. I could not go with him, visit, or even be there if is he was dying. Numerous Tuggers assured me this procedure was common and that the hospitals have the COVID thing isolated and he'd be safe.

Update. He's still in the hospital. Cardiologist found right coronary artery blockage at 98%. He could not get a balloon through, nor a stent in. He scheduled a different, not often used, procedure with another cardiologist. Called "rotoblation" and uses an acorn shaped, diamond tipped, Dremel like tool to bore out some of the blockage and probably put in a stent. They kept him over night and it was scheduled for this morning. That didn't happen either. After Monday's procedure, hubby had a big hematoma on wrist and his urine has been very bloody since. Cardiologist said he was glad he didn't get a stent in yesterday because hubby would have to be on a blood thinner for at least a year. Same with rotoblation. So they went hunting for cause. Settled on his having had a Turp procedure on his prostate over a year or more ago. Said small blood vessels were cut and remain in lining and blood thinners during procedure caused them to bleed and he couldn't be put on blood thinners as required. Urologist who did the Turp was called in and had to get hospital's permission to order a CT scan and do procedure there to look in prostate. Got it. That's tomorrow, Cardiologist says that if all OK, then Thursday will be rotoblation. But I want to know why the bleeding before they do something that requires his being on blood thinners for a year or more. What a choice! Bleed to death or die of a heart attack??? For now, he's on beta blockers and nitroglycerin.

I've had a bad feeling about his hospital for some time. Tried to talk him to moving to the teaching hospital next door or get in the car and let's drive to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, but he says he's there and is going to see it through.

I am so wordy, aren't I? Sorry.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hugs, this is a lot to go thru for both of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry to hear this, Glynda. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery!

Dave

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Its common for blood clots to form at the stent that could then travel to his brain and cause a stroke, so being on blood thinners for a year is standard procedure with stents.

My wife is on blood thinners, she has two stents. After a year they become part of the artery and the thinners can be stopped. The doctor will probably schedule a procedure to take pictures of the stent before stopping thinners. My wife has to go in October, its a smaller scope he goes in at her wrist.

I am on blood thinner permanently due to atrial fib, its always problematic when I need any medical procedure. I’ve had a turp also and occasionally have bleeding. Usually when I am dehydrated, my dr is on me to drink 80oz of water every day.

Don’t worry these are common procedures at all hospitals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Not too wordy... You've certainly been thru the wringer, as has your DH.
I feel for you both...
A year ago, I had surgery for a torn rotator cuff and I'm still not 100%.
But all you can do is bear with it and trust that it will get better. It will.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
He is in the right place at the right time. So your timing is good. Hope things go well.

Bill

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to your husband. Heart surgeries are tough even when there is no covid, so, I can only imagine how tough this is for you.

Hugs to you.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hugs, this is a lot to go thru for both of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Thank you. Not to receive pity, but I'm also dealing with my 98 year old mother's fall last week resulting in a badly torn shin needing daily wound care. All too much happening at one time. But my mother used to tell me, "Just do the next thing." That's what I'm doing. Chocolate ice cream also helps. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glynda, you both are in our hearts and minds. Be positive, he's in good hands and every one of his docs wants the very best outcome for him. As you know I'm on a blood thinner and probably will be for the rest of my life. But such is the state of things after one has had clots in legs and most recently in lungs. Blood thinners aren't so bad!

Good luck on tomorrow's procedure.

Jim

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its common for blood clots to form at the stent that could then travel to his brain and cause a stroke, so being on blood thinners for a year is standard procedure with stents.

My wife is on blood thinners, she has two stents. After a year they become part of the artery and the thinners can be stopped. The doctor will probably schedule a procedure to take pictures of the stent before stopping thinners. My wife has to go in October, its a smaller scope he goes in at her wrist.

I am on blood thinner permanently due to atrial fib, its always problematic when I need any medical procedure. I’ve had a turp also and occasionally have bleeding. Usually when I am dehydrated, my dr is on me to drink 80oz of water every day.

Don’t worry these are common procedures at all hospitals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Appreciate that information! So a choice between dying of a stroke or a heart attack? :) The urologist was reluctant to say it was from the Turp or prostate. He said it could be something else like tumors in a kidney. That we learn tomorrow from CT scan and his looking into the prostate. I'm a bit nervous about rotoblation as first cardiologist said it is not a common procedure and the idea of it gives me the shivers. This time they do have to go in through the groin.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not too wordy... You've certainly been thru the wringer, as has your DH.
I feel for you both...
A year ago, I had surgery for a torn rotator cuff and I'm still not 100%.
But all you can do is bear with it and trust that it will get better. It will.

Thanks! Sorry to read about your rotator cuff not being back to where you want it!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Good luck to you and your family!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He is in the right place at the right time. So your timing is good. Hope things go well.

Bill

Thank you. I hope so. Somehow, when we first moved here, we chose primary care physicians affiliated with a particular hospital. Later we learned that they are required to refer to another physician in that system, regardless if they personally feel someone else is better. So we've ended up with almost all our doctors being in that system. I'm just not happy with in-patient experiences in that hospital itself. Feel stuck.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Best wishes to your husband. Heart surgeries are tough even when there is no covid, so, I can only imagine how tough this is for you.

Hugs to you.

Thanks. Yes, I am used to being my family and friends' hospital advocator. It's tough not being there. But hey, he's happy having two good looking nurses who also are thoughtful and helpful. :giggle:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glynda, you both are in our hearts and minds. Be positive, he's in good hands and every one of his docs wants the very best outcome for him. As you know I'm on a blood thinner and probably will be for the rest of my life. But such is the state of things after one has had clots in legs and most recently in lungs. Blood thinners aren't so bad!

Good luck on tomorrow's procedure.

Jim

Thanks Jim! They said they can't do a procedure that requires blood thinners unless they determine where the bleeding is coming from and that it won't continue.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
So shocked to hear this, Glynda!! A tough situation to have to deal with at the best of times. Add the complications of a pandemic, plus the issue with your mother, and it can be a real stress maker. Your mother gave you good advice!

He seems to be in good hands, so try not to fret too much (easier said than done)! You also know that all three of you will be in our thoughts and prayers. We are wishing both your husband and your mother speedy recoveries.

In the meantime, try to enjoy the chocolate ice cream (one thing at a time)!!! Taking care of yourself is just as important at times like this as being a caregiver and supporter for your loved ones! We will be thinking of you.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Good luck to him.

And try not to worry.

Easier said than done, I know.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so wordy, aren't I? Sorry.
But hey, he's happy having two good looking nurses who also are thoughtful and helpful. :giggle:
No not too wordy! As far as the nurses-well never underestimate the power of the mind-if he is comfortable and feels well cared for by nurses he appreciates that will go along way in his recovery!
Enjoy the chocolate ice cream :)

If you feel comfortable please post updates - wishing for a safe effective procedure and speedy recovery!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Yes, this is a lot to go through. In 2016 my husband went through cancer surgery/radiation and then had a 90% blockage on his left anterior descending artery in 2017 (treated with a stent). We just had to trust that his doctor's knew what they were doing. It is tough to do. He just got his most recent blood tests back - still no evidence of cancer, and so far the stent is working. I would like to say that I am breathing a sigh of relief, but you never really relax. I worry every day, but a bit less than I used to.

I hope that it will bring you comfort to know that us tuggers are sending you strength and prayers to see you though this difficult time. Please let us know how your husband progresses. (((hugs))) to both of you.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Btw, I know someone that had turp surgery and he has scar tissue on his bladder and has been seen for off and on bleeding in the urine. So far, not a big deal so hopefully your husband is in the same situation.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Best wishes and prayers!