• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HRC Sleeper Sofa Comfort

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
So just stayed at the Hacienda Del Mar Dorado PR in a Studio. It was supposed to be for four but my kids complained about the sleeper sofa after the first night. By the third night I slept on it. Even though the units have "new" sleeper sofas it was not comfortable and going forward I'm not sure that if I brings my kids I could do the Studio. Having said that the same applies to the 1 Bedroom since you have to use the living room sofa to sleep four.

Are all HRC sleeper sofas uncomfortable? I've stayed at a few Marriott's and this was not a problem.
Does this mean technically that if you want comfort for four (4) you definitely have to book a two bedroom which really means the value of the 1 bedroom and/or Studios is not there if you go with more than two adults.

Are most of you happy with the sleeper sofas?

Thx!
I

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It really is a personal experience and comfort level issue. My FIL slept on a sofa sleeper at Pinon Pointe and seemed to be OK with it. I say on it once to see what I thought and it did seem a bit stiff. I need a little softer feel, so it may not have worked well for me.

Best regards.

Mike

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is consistency across resorts. I think a variety of different sofa beds are used in the different resorts.

I've slept in the pull outs in most of the colorado resorts, and coconut plantation and I found them to be quite comfortable.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Are most of you happy with the sleeper sofas?

Nope. I wouldn't sleep on one. I'd get another room instead. A stiff back isn't worth the savings. I've tried them at Windward, Beach house and SH (because I was working there). And none of them were good enough -- and I was much younger then.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Comfort Sleeper® by American Leather has been the sleeper sofa at many of the HRC resorts for the past 10+ years. Sunset Harbor has it and I believe that BH and WP use it as well. American Leather's Comfort Sleeper is a different design than the standard sleeper sofa as it doesn't have metal bars or springs and is much easier to open and close. American Leather offers 3 different mattresses for the Comfort Sleeper - however I don't know which one is used by Hyatt.

Agree with mjm1, it is a personal preference on what each individual likes/dislikes. That said, I'll take the Comfort Sleeper over the standard sleeper sofa. (Note: when it comes to sleeping and naps, I'm a professional. :) )

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
The ones in Kaanapali and Pinon Pointe have been ok per adult children who are discerning. We typically now only use them for grandkids 2 and 4 .

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never once encountered a comfortable sleep sofa in any resort in the United States. But even if forced to sleep on it, I've always had zero issues whatsoever. The solution: take your mattress off of the frame or whatever supports it...and simply drop it on the floor. Voila! A perfect night's sleep, assuming your knees will allow you to get up from floor level.

I don't know what the difference(s) may be, but German resorts have exceptional fold out sofas, and are as comfortable as any bed. But US (i.e., Chinese) manufacturers apparently prioritize low cost rather than a comfortable finished product.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never once encountered a comfortable sleep sofa in any resort in the United States. But even if forced to sleep on it, I've always had zero issues whatsoever. The solution: take your mattress off of the frame or whatever supports it...and simply drop it on the floor. Voila! A perfect night's sleep, assuming your knees will allow you to get up from floor level.

We have done the same for years ... and getting up is the hard part!

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
A friend who used our second bedroom our first week wanted to add two extra nights into our second week at Sunset Harbor. With the second bedroom taken, he opted for the pull out and though it was very comfortable. Mattress comfort he thought was better than the bed.

cafeirene

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we checking in to Hyatt Kaanapali the first week in November they said the sofa would be replaced the next morning. It didn’t actually happen, and we were not using it as a bed, but had hoped to see the new ones because, for sitting, the cushions tended to migrate forward at a slope! Anyone see the new ones actually show up later in the month??