• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HRC conversion to HPP

bradj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
In my opinion, I would never convert my "deeded" week to portfolio points. Deeded weeks do have some value. FYI I bought an annual week 20 Beach House on e bay (1400 points) 3 years ago for $10.00 (yeah, ten dollars) Hyatt didn't exercise FROR and more recently increased my point value to 2000 points. That'll probably never happen again. That was a lot of points for 10 bucks. I've successfully used those points for exchanges within the Hyatt program.

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
How did they increase your points to 2000? Did you pay something? Was this a lovely gesture on their part?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did they increase your points to 2000? Did you pay something? Was this a lovely gesture on their part?

I wasn't involved in this, but from what was stated on TUG at the time, it was pretty much a lovely gesture. Hyatt reserves the right to equalize points according to demand in their HRC and HPC systems, and they do this only by inflating point value (they would have a riot if they deflated point value so they would rather inflate all others if they needed to do that). It definitely made things nice for folks like @bradj!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Hyatt increased the point value of specific weeks for all three Key West properties a few years ago. It was an unannounced one time change. The HPP has a lot of Key West Windward Pointe units, my guess is this was a semi self serving move on their part that happened to help some individual owners, my self included.

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, it was a
Hyatt increased the point value of specific weeks for all three Key West properties a few years ago. It was an unannounced one time change. The HPP has a lot of Key West Windward Pointe units, my guess is this was a semi self serving move on their part that happened to help some individual owners, my self included.
Actually, it was a two-time change. We bought our Beach House as a bronze week, 1100 points. First raised to 1400 points a few years later, then in the last increase to 1880 points. Both pleasant surprises that made buying from the developer a little more palatable!!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, it was a

Actually, it was a two-time change. We bought our Beach House as a bronze week, 1100 points. First raised to 1400 points a few years later, then in the last increase to 1880 points. Both pleasant surprises that made buying from the developer a little more palatable!!

Thanks for the info.