• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HRC-Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation --- I have a Reservation for last week of June?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Last year, I used my 2020 week to internally exchange into Coconut Plantation. I have tried calling a few times and can not get thru to determine if I can still go? I really only want to go to help my aunt so that I can get her stocked up for Hurricane season since this year she is staying put and not coming back to the midwest.

Thanks for any suggestions. I hope I can figure this out before June...

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year, I used my 2020 week to internally exchange into Coconut Plantation. I have tried calling a few times and can not get thru to determine if I can still go? I really only want to go to help my aunt so that I can get her stocked up for Hurricane season since this year she is staying put and not coming back to the midwest.

Thanks for any suggestions. I hope I can figure this out before June...
I don't think that Coconut Plantation or Siesta Key ever closed. They are both currently open, but with modified amenities. I would imagine by the end of June Coconut Plantation will be open.

Now whether or not it's a good idea to go is a different question. Since you are past the point that you could cancel and return the points to CUP (rather than RCUP), you may as well monitor the situation and as long as you cancel the day before check-in, you should be good to go.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
You can call MEMBER SERVICES in Orlando (as apposed to OWNER services at II in Miami ) at 888-619-2988 and I'm sure they will be to help you with your concerns.

Perry

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can call MEMBER SERVICES in Orlando (as apposed to OWNER services at II in Miami ) at 888-619-2988 and I'm sure they will be to help you with your concerns.

Perry
Perry: Thanks but I did an internal exchange thru Hyatt. I’ve not had luck in reaching HRC- Coconut Plantation directly and just trying to figure out if I should cancel. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
What then do you mean by "an internal exchange thru Hyatt " ?? Why has that complicated your getting info from Hyatt RC services do you think ?

tj5654

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had no problem calling Coconut Plantation directly. Listen to message and choose front desk option. 239.947-7300

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What then do you mean by "an internal exchange thru Hyatt " ?? Why has that complicated your getting info from Hyatt RC services do you think ?
Hi Perry:

I thought your suggestion was to call II and I did not make the reservation thru II but rather thru Hyatt with my points... I have tried calling the resort directly but have been unable to get thru... I will call Hyatt Member services on Monday... thanks so much

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had no problem calling Coconut Plantation directly. Listen to message and choose front desk option. 239.947-7300

Thanks, I just got thru to the Front Desk... I had tried that number before and it just kept looping and I never got to speak to anyone. Kelie at the front desk told me the pools are open and they are hoping to open the lazy river and hot tubs at the end of May. Thanks again everyone for your help

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We ended up not going, I got a guest certificate and my cousin used the week since he lives in GA and just drove down... He said the day he got there they just hit 10K in COVID cases... He told me they went to the grocery store masked up and purchased food for the week and just stayed in the unit and swam in the pool. I'm so glad I did not go down, the numbers are so high right now in FL