• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HP Computer problem

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get this annoying message that says something to the effect that my "recovery D drive is full" This particular computer has hardly anything saved on it. Our business has all the saved stuff. Tried to defrag and that didn't work. Anybody have any ideas Thanks.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
'Recover Drive D' tends to suggest that D is the drive used to restore the system in the event of a system error. Have you been copying files to that drive for your own backup purposes? That could explain the message.
It does seem odd though as the Recovery Drive is normally hidden from view under normal circumstances.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Precisely. The HP recovery drive is a small (couple of GB) partition that's used by HP's system utilities to restore the OS to factory-fresh condition. No one should try to write there, nor should you try to build a virtual memory page file there. I suspect the OP inadvertently did one of the above.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Copying files

I got a new HP laptop and attempted to copy files from my old computer using the utility that came with the new laptop. I have a D drive on my old computer that contains pictures and MP3 files. This utitily doesn't ask where you want to put files, it just places them in like places. It filled up the D drive very quickly. I deleted those files and used a different way to copy files from old computer to new one.

The correct file on D is called RECOVERY.

Nancy

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
PC

I have not copied anything to it. as a matter of fact I went in and deleting some programs from it to no avail. Oh well I guess I will just live with it until I get a new computer.