• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How useful are weeks deposited with Interval International for a late deposit that can be reserved within 60 days of arrival?

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have reservations coming up in a few weeks for two weeks at Grand Chateau. This is my 3BR week that I lock off to use the 1BR the first week followed by a week in the 2BR (this in my owned, unenrolled week, not Destinations points). Looking at the coronavirus cancellation policy, it looks like my only option is to deposit with Interval International for a late deposit that can be reserved within 60 days of arrival. I do not have an II account for my unenrolled weeks (I bought them to use them) so I would have to open an II account if I wanted to do that. Since I have no experience with II, I'm wondering how useful are weeks deposited with Interval International for a late deposit that can be reserved within 60 days of arrival. Should I bother to open an account, pay for membership, and then pay trade fees to book something, or should I just throw in the towel and lose those weeks to the coronavirus problem? Will I actually be able to book something of value within 60 days? Are Marriott Vacation Club properties available within 60 days, such as Grand Chateau, Desert Springs, or Shadow Ridge? (I live in Southern California so those would be convenient)

Any insight from some Tuggers with experience in this area would be much appreciated!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, that's subjective and you will get opinions all over the place. Assuming you can make arrangements that soon... So, without enrollment, you'll be out the II account fee and a trade fee, cheaper within Marriott. You'll also gain access to Getaways. To me, there is always stuff there I could use, good stuff, always. But, I am retired. You may be locked into a schedule. The closer you get to summer, Palm Desert almost always available.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always found last minute availability for the Palm Desert Resorts all year except for holidays and any special events.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I'm in a similar boat (although luckily I already have an II account for my non-enrolled weeks. But the resort week I need to deposit now last-minute, I never registered with II since i just bought it last year and planned to always occupy or rent). So I quickly called II yesterday to add that resort, but it might take a few days to get set up. My week starts April 11, so I hope it gets done quickly so I can deposit before the 14 day mark (note--if you deposit 14 days or less in advance, the search restriction goes from 60 days in advance down to 30 days in advance). So if you don't even have an account at all, plan on at least a week to get an account set up with II (who, as part of the process, has to verify with Marriott that you own at that resort). After the verification clears between II and Marriott, only then will you be able to deposit your weeks into II. Sounds like you may likely end up in the 14 day window, depending what your check-in dates are.

Also be aware you cannot set up automatic ongoing searches in II with a late deposit. You must manually search the II website for any availability, so just be aware you will definitely need to invest time and energy in getting eventual use of a late deposit week.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Historically I've looked at them as of minimal value to worthless. For a while though there may be more options that normal so hopefully the value will be more.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I've found some value in the past but the more flexibility you have, and the more you are willing to put into micro-managing your searches, the better your result. All bets are off the next three months probably. You can pretty much go anywhere you want right now if you can safely get there. I'm thinking this summer is going to be nuts, assuming our trajectory matches South Korea's or Singapore's.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Are you given an AC w/ a restrictive window? And I wonder how the policy is different than an already exchanged II week?
I had to exchange a II trade. Was given an AC that did not have the 30 day restriction and expired 12/30/20. So will this deposit be different?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming they aren't running any specials, II is $227 for three years. Plus other fees when you trade. If you are willing to travel in off season or to places like Orlando which are overbuilt you'll likely find something in a 60 day window. I'm just not sure it's worth the money with hotel rates low for the foreseeable future.

But at base, I think you should call them and ask when it would expire. If it's two years + 60 days (or something on that order) and your travel plans are flexible it may well be worth it.

tshd

Reaction score
I have found good trades last minute. You should be able to find something decent over the next two years, as long as you understand that you will need to manually search for trades. With one and two bedroom deposits, you should have good trading power. Really all you are risking is the II membership fee, because if you don't find any trades that work for you, you won't need to pay the trade fees. Ask if there is a possible two years for the price of one deal.

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
E-Plus adds plenty of value but most 60 day restricted deposits are very weak on trading power.
I’m not familiar with E-Plus. Can you give me a brief description? I haven’t used II in about 15 years so I am really out of the loop on it. I’m going to have to explore the II site and learn more about how it works. I enrolled all my units in 2010 and have used Destinations Points for just about everything since, plus I picked up a couple other post 2010 units like this Grand Chateau that I just use to stay at, so I haven’t had any need for II. I’ve been on Tug for years, but I have to admit I’ve skipped over most of the posts on II trading.

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found good trades last minute. You should be able to find something decent over the next two years, as long as you understand that you will need to manually search for trades. With one and two bedroom deposits, you should have good trading power. Really all you are risking is the II membership fee, because if you don't find any trades that work for you, you won't need to pay the trade fees. Ask if there is a possible two years for the price of one deal.
That’s a great point about my only risk is the membership fee if I don’t use them! Thank you!

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a ton of value if you have flexibility to pick up and go with little notice. I've seen some of the best stuff come up right at 14 days and even the next day.
Thanks Big Matt. That is great to hear. My wife and I are retired, so we have that kind of flexibility.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with E-Plus. Can you give me a brief description? I haven’t used II in about 15 years so I am really out of the loop on it. I’m going to have to explore the II site and learn more about how it works. I enrolled all my units in 2010 and have used Destinations Points for just about everything since, plus I picked up a couple other post 2010 units like this Grand Chateau that I just use to stay at, so I haven’t had any need for II. I’ve been on Tug for years, but I have to admit I’ve skipped over most of the posts on II trading.

If your weeks are enrolled, then, Eplus is not needed unless you plan on trading outside of MVC. In your enrolled II account, you can retrade MVC -> MVC for free. It is still useful for your non enrolled II weeks.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your weeks are enrolled, then, Eplus is not needed unless you plan on trading outside of MVC. In your enrolled II account, you can retrade MVC -> MVC for free. It is still useful for your non enrolled II weeks.

That’s right. I forget sometimes because I only have non-enrolled weeks.

tshd

Reaction score
Thanks Big Matt. That is great to hear. My wife and I are retired, so we have that kind of flexibility.
Definitely, if you have this type of flexibility, I would go for it. $99 buys you a year to test it out. For $59 E-Plus giving three retrades is a good insurance policy, but slightly less beneficial on close in exchanges. If you're booking 60 days out you might consider purchasing it, but if you are booking less than two weeks out probably not needed. Ask yourself "How likely is it that something will prevent me from taking this trip?" In the CA/NV/AZ area there are some nice resorts that are not Marriotts that you might want to try even though the exchange will cost a little bit more.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy the E-Plus. Just put in an ongoing search and keep extending the date day by day or week by week. If one hits you have 24 hours to cancel if you don't want it. Just watch it and your email daily