• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How US doctors discovered the vaping illness: 'This is not infectious. I just don't know what thi

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would venture to guess that any kind of smoke in the lungs is not a good thing.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
When vaping first hit the market, the purveyors like JUUL were actively marketing the product as a safe alternative to tobacco since the only thing going into the lungs was "water vapor" mixed with some nicotine. We now know that what's being ingested contains a lot more than just water.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
When vaping first hit the market, the purveyors like JUUL were actively marketing the product as a safe alternative to tobacco since the only thing going into the lungs was "water vapor" mixed with some nicotine. We now know that what's being ingested contains a lot more than just water.

"There are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarettes. When burned, cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic."

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/whats-in-an-e-cigarette.html

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be nicotine or idealism. Be it what it may, some prefer an interesting vice to a virtue that bores.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Colorado and Ohio have explicitly banned vitamin E acetate, which is sometimes used as a thickening agent or to dilute THC oil in vape cartridges to make it go further. Tetrahydrocannabinol, known as THC, is the ingredient in cannabis that creates the "high."

States "should be banning vitamin E acetate. No question," said cannabis industry executive Tyrell Towle, who is on a Colorado government advisory committee. If government officials determined romaine lettuce, like THC cut with vitamin E acetate, was a "very strong culprit" in the reported 2,172 injuries and 42 deaths as of Nov. 13, people wouldn’t be eating Caesar salad, critics have noted. :ponder:

But marijuana is governed by a patchwork of state regulations and banned federally so is much harder to police.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-vape-additive-no-regulations-cdc/2569828001/

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I know why I never smoke a cigarette. There are just to many ingredients in it for me. Plus the cost.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good choice and reasoning.

Cigarette smoke, compared to Marijuana smoke, is more harmful.

"Cannabis smoke contains cannabinoids whereas tobacco smoke contains nicotine. Available scientific data, that examines the carcinogenic properties of inhaling smoke and its biological consequences, suggests reasons why tobacco smoke, but not cannabis smoke, may result in lung cancer."

"...while both tobacco and cannabis smoke have similar properties chemically, their pharmacological activities differ greatly. Components of cannabis smoke minimize some carcinogenic pathways whereas tobacco smoke enhances some. Both types of smoke contain carcinogens and particulate matter that promotes inflammatory immune responses that may enhance the carcinogenic effects of the smoke. However, cannabis typically down-regulates immunologically-generated free radical production by promoting a Th2 immune cytokine profile. Furthermore, THC inhibits the enzyme necessary to activate some of the carcinogens found in smoke."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

And before anyone says anything, I am not promoting smoking Marijuana.

If you're located in an area that permits Marijuana use, do it the old fashion way. Roll a joint or use a bong. ;)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you're located in an area that permits Marijuana use, do it the old fashion way. Roll a joint or use a bong. ;)
No - the least harmful way is by ingestion.

First - combustion of organics creates carcinogens. That is unavoidable. If you intake without combusting, you avoid those carcinogens.

Second, the digestive system has evolved and adapted to be selective about what it allows to pass into the body. Edible organics contain a multitude of constituents, and the gut is adapted to handle those things. In contrast, the lungs are adapted to allow easy movement of chemicals across the cell walls. Oxygen going in, CO2 going out. But everything else that you inhale gets a straight shot into the bloodstream.

++++++++++++++

I'm not in any way advocating use of weed. I don't use it, and have never used it. All I'm saying that if you are going to use, ingestion presents significantly lower health risks than does any other process that involves combustion or thermal destruction/conversion.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
No - the least harmful way is by ingestion.

That's very true however, each must make a choice that works best for them, understanding that they will never please everyone, and that's fine.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And before anyone says anything, I am not promoting smoking Marijuana.

These two statements appear to contradict one another.