• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to sell Bluegreen timeshare

ccambiano

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
bluegreen
My husband and I recently separated. We are going to be moving forward with a divorce and neither of us want to continue with our ownership. How do we sell? I know nothing about timeshare bushiness. We kind of got suckered into it :eek:. Thank you!

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
First you must identify the specifics of what you are selling: number of points, are they annual or biennial, priority time deeds (location, week number, days of week), trust fund, and sales type. Customer Service can help you with this information if you don't know it.

Then you need to list them. Some possible outlets are:

Tug2.com: Marketplace, Timeshares For Sale, Points

Tugbbs: Bargain Deals

Redweek.com

Facebook: Bluegreen Condo Marketplace
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1504273286546206/

Facebook: Bluegreen Timeshare Resales
https://www.facebook.com/groups/853348708113011/

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
and it must be paid in full, and you need to go through Bluegreen to transfer ownership.

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Could I get more information on going through Bluegreen to transfer ownership? I have been searching the forums to figure out what title/deed transfer company to use and what info to get from the potential new owner. I have a paid for a points thing from them. We pay maintenance fees, but don't have time to use the points. I frankly didn't know what I was buying and still don't understand it. Now I just want to get rid of it with out getting ripped off. I requested to join the Facebook resale group listed above. I have been reading that no one will take it even if it is free. Now I am reading about this right of refusal thing. If I find someone that I pay to take it off my hands, can Bluegreen say no and make me keep it?
I asked BG last year about getting rid of it and they said I was completely on my own to sell it, the guy said they can do nothing to help.
I will say that I have not returned to a Bass Pro and will never shop at one again. This has been a very expensive stupid tax.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I do not believe there are any deeds/titles to BG ownerships, as a points system you simply pay the transfer fee to bluegreen. IIRC that fee was 400 or 450, but you should contact bluegreen to confirm!

rofr simply means that bluegreen can match the sale price and buy your ownership themselves vs letting you sell it to a 3rd party.

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Okay. Thanks. I planned on calling Bluegreen in the morning to figure out what sales type and trust fund I had. I will ask them again about the transfer. Maybe I will get a better answer this year. I figured from what I am reading that I would have to pay someone to take it. I will ask BG what I need from the potential buyer.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I recently separated. We are going to be moving forward with a divorce and neither of us want to continue with our ownership. How do we sell?

My advice is to get rid of it before your divorce is final. Otherwise it will have to be addressed in your property settlement and whoever gets it will have to deal with their ex-spouse when selling. Sometimes this can be a problem...

George

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Okay. Thanks. I planned on calling Bluegreen in the morning to figure out what sales type and trust fund I had. I will ask them again about the transfer. Maybe I will get a better answer this year. I figured from what I am reading that I would have to pay someone to take it. I will ask BG what I need from the potential buyer.
You want trust fund and sales type
You want to know what Resort, week #, unit number your underlying “deed” is associated with.how many points currently in the account t. When do you get the next set of points.

This is what determines the value/sales price of your ownership.
If you happen to be deeded at Big Cedar or the Hammocks or other popular resorts at good times this adds value.

Bluegreen is a point system but you are entitled to use your “deeded” or priority use period every year. I Have several PUPs at La Cabana. People will pay several thousand dollars for that deed. A recent Ebay audition for La Cabana deed sold for $3800

Bluegreen handled their own transfers. They have a closing company they use. Sterling Title. Kris Koski

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
So, Bluegreen just told me the one and only way to transfer the ownership is through pinnicale. Pinnacle charges $39 to begin working with me and I don't know how to talk to a person without paying it. Does this sound right?

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
You want trust fund and sales type
You want to know what Resort, week #, unit number your underlying “deed” is associated with.how many points currently in the account t. When do you get the next set of points.

This is what determines the value/sales price of your ownership.
If you happen to be deeded at Big Cedar or the Hammocks or other popular resorts at good times this adds value.

Bluegreen is a point system but you are entitled to use your “deeded” or priority use period every year. I Have several PUPs at La Cabana. People will pay several thousand dollars for that deed. A recent Ebay audition for La Cabana deed sold for $3800

Bluegreen handled their own transfers. They have a closing company they use. Sterling Title. Kris Koski

Sorry, didn't see this a moment ago. I have points at the Fountains in Orlando, week 5 O. Unit 7205x. 100 points available. I should have asked when they renew.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, Bluegreen just told me the one and only way to transfer the ownership is through pinnicale. Pinnacle charges $39 to begin working with me and I don't know how to talk to a person without paying it. Does this sound right?
No, that is not entirely correct.
But I don’t know what you asked them so if you said how do I sell my TS they would refer you to Pinnacle
Pinnacle Vacations is the official resale company of Bluegreen. You can sell your ownership with charter benefits ( high price and won’t sell) or without. Their fee if they sell for you is $2000.

On the other hand, if you list your ownership on the tug bargain board for free ( after you get the above info from Bluegreen) and I agree to take the ownership, we would contact Sterling directly to do the transfer and it would cost the same $450? As initiating thru Bluegreen except you get excellent customer service from Kris.

HTH

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Okay. I just called back and there is a form I have to complete online. $500 non-refundable fee. And then they will mail me a form for me an the buyer to sign.

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I just typed over you again, Kris. Sorry.
I'm Randy. The Trust fund is E, sales type A, 100 points right now. It is in the Fountains, 12400 S International Dr, Orlando, FL 32821, 6000 biennial points. Unit 7205X, week 5 O.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay. I just called back and there is a form I have to complete online. $500 non-refundable fee. And then they will mail me a form for me an the buyer to sign.
And this form is processed by Sterling Title. I have the contact info if you want it. And it is negotiable who pays this fee, the buyer or sell or split it.

Here is a Bluegreen Ownership given away on TUG last week

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...annual-points-bluegreen-vacation-club.289549/

Here’s another

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/bluegreen-13-000-points.261952/

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I would love their info. Thank you.
I just posted mine to the tug classified section.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would love their info. Thank you.
I just posted mine to the tug classified section.
kris@sterlingtitleco.com
Kris Koski
Boca Raton Timeshare Transfers
Sterling Title Partners Inc.
21845 Power-line Rd Ste 201
Boca Raton, FL 33433

561-237-5035 Fax 561-807-7100

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I just called Sterling and Ashley said they charge $200 plus the $500 Bluegreen fee. This fits with what I was reading on a Facebook page the Brian gave above. Ashley would not allow me to talk with Kris. So, it can be done with out Sterling for $500 or with Sterling for $700.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just called Sterling and Ashley said they charge $200 plus the $500 Bluegreen fee. This fits with what I was reading on a Facebook page the Brian gave above. Ashley would not allow me to talk with Kris. So, it can be done with out Sterling for $500 or with Sterling for $700.
Thanks for that updated information.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I gave away 2 Bluegreen Contracts last year on the "Bluegreen exchange" yahoo group. They went fast. The recipients paid the transfer fees since they would be reimbursed if Bluegreen exercised ROFR (which they did not)... the seller/giver is not reimbursed.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I gave away 2 Bluegreen Contracts last year on the "Bluegreen exchange" yahoo group. They went fast. The recipients paid the transfer fees since they would be reimbursed if Bluegreen exercised ROFR (which they did not)... the seller/giver is not reimbursed.
bgex@yahoogroups.com

Lorrie Lee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I do not believe there are any deeds/titles to BG ownerships, as a points system you simply pay the transfer fee to bluegreen. IIRC that fee was 400 or 450, but you should contact bluegreen to confirm!

rofr simply means that bluegreen can match the sale price and buy your ownership themselves vs letting you sell it to a 3rd party.

Lorrie Lee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hi - new here. What does rofr mean? I just talked with a supervisor for Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando) today and asked if they would take a deed back. Amanda, wouldn't give her last name, said she didn't have to, said they don't do that and that I would have to sell myself. Have you heard of Bluegreen offering to buy ownership first hand? I just wanted to give it to them. any help would be appreciated. I am going to try listing it here, as per you instructions above, soon - for free. Thank you!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score