• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to know which section of resort is reserved

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How does the resort know which section of the resort your reservation is for? For example at Ocean Ridge - Edisto Beach, SC there are 4 Bedroom Deluxe units in Beach Walk, The Village, and Southpointe.
The division/section is not listed on the confirmation, so I was wondering if they really know which one was reserved at check-in.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
How does the resort know which section of the resort your reservation is for. For example at Ocean Ridge - Edisto Beach, SC there are 4 Bedroom Deluxe in Beach Walk, The Village, Southpointe.
The division is not listed on the confirmation, so I wondering if they really know when at check-in.
Edit: Sorry I see what you're saying. If it says both Village and Southpointe, there is no way of knowing. You could call two weeks out and request a specific section, but there is no guarantee you will get it.

Last edited:

troy12n

Reaction score
Some resorts, you have no idea, at all. You can try calling, but that's always a crap shoot. If you are VIPG or better, you can request a specific unit, but that too, isn't guaranteed... the new website is really bad about being able to specify or book at resorts with multiple sections. Seems only if a specific section has a different points chart you can even know.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
How does the resort know which section of the resort your reservation is for? For example at Ocean Ridge - Edisto Beach, SC there are 4 Bedroom Deluxe units in Beach Walk, The Village, and Southpointe.
The division/section is not listed on the confirmation, so I was wondering if they really know which one was reserved at check-in.

When I was there I don’t believe the village had 4 BR. Just beachwalk and southpointe. I just looked at the points chart. And it doesn’t show 4 BR at the village. I do see when you search for 4 BR availability it shows the village and southpointe. I believe that is incorrect. If the village had 4 BR I can’t believe they would be the same point cost as southpointe. Call Ocean Ridge and ask if the village has 4 BR units.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Beachwalk and Southpointe have different points values for their 4BR units, so simple math should identify which unit is available.
Southpointe, Beachwalk, and the Village share a points chart, but it is clearly indicated that Southpointe and Beachwalk are all 4BRs and the Village is only 1-2BRs.

edit: here’s the points chart. They’re actually the three easiest sections to identify where you might be staying: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...n-ridge/cw-ocean-ridge-TV_BW_SP-pc-1-of-2.pdf

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I copied the section names from the points chart, so you are correct Village at Ocean Ridge does not have 4BR.
My question is more general. At some resorts the sections are the same point values, like Shawnee Depuy and Fairway Village. So you can't determine by the points difference.

Does the check-in desk know the points used for your reservation?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe that reservations can tell you if you call. I just checked, and if there are units available in both of those sections it will list them as available to reserve separately. The problem with the website is that if there’s only one section available at that point level, it will not tell the user which one is available, even though it may impact the user’s decision and the system does know which one it is behind the scenes.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The problem with the website is that if there’s only one section available at that point level, it will not tell the user which one is available, even though it may impact the user’s decision and the system does know which one it is behind the scenes.
Actually, I’m incorrect - it appears this has been fixed. A search on random dates shows me the area even when there’s only one available at that point level:
5E006487-497D-4A23-A749-01D65EE8D185.png

troy12n

Reaction score
Yep, it's inconsistent at best... this is one area where the old website was much better at telling you where you were actually reserving.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is inconsistent. Maybe it it is based on more than 1 available?
View attachment 34397
Although it would be more helpful if it simply provided that information across the board, in this case it appears that at Ocean Ridge the only section with a “1BR suite” is the Village.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
IMG_0002.jpeg

The problem with Ocean Ridge is what you see above. The 300K 4BR Deluxe and the 400K 4BR Presidential says right under The Village, Southpointe. This is incorrect since there is no 4BR or 4BR Presidential in The Village, only at Southpointe. So if you clicked book you would only get southpointe. When I was there a few years ago, we stayed in Beach Walk, which was quite nice.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see that less as an error and more just as a reference to the combined points chart. It's clear from the points chart that there are no 4BRs in the Village and so there should be no confusion.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I see that less as an error and more just as a reference to the combined points chart. It's clear from the points chart that there are no 4BRs in the Village and so there should be no confusion.

Beach Walk is on the same point chart but when you look at availability only The Village and Southpointe are combined. At every other resort in the Wyndham system. The only time they combine them when you are looking at availability is when they have the same type of unit at the same point cost. You see that often at resorts that have multiple HOAs or sections. This is something that started at some point. The points chart has alway showed The Village, Beach Walk, and Southpointe but the combining the village and southpointe at the point where you book is relatively new. It least it wasn’t that way the last time I booked there.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Walk is on the same point chart but when you look at availability only The Village and Southpointe are combined. At every other resort in the Wyndham system. The only time they combine them when you are looking at availability is when they have the same type of unit at the same point cost. You see that often at resorts that have multiple HOAs or sections. This is something that started at some point. The points chart has alway showed The Village, Beach Walk, and Southpointe but the combining the village and southpointe at the point where you book is relatively new. It least it wasn’t that way the last time I booked there.
Is this correct then - do all of these other areas at Ocean Ridge have a 2BR loft as an option? I thought only some of the areas did.
loft.png

I still maintain that Wyndham is simply labeling the units based on the areas included in the respective points chart. The only question is why they separated Beachwalk out from the Village and Southpointe chart that they share (which I assume is to help people easily distinguish the location of their 4BR unit) - so the anomaly isn't that the Village and Southpointe are showing together, but that Beachwalk wasn't also included with them, whereas the areas on the other Ocean Ridge points chart are all grouped together regardless of whether they actually contain the type of unit in question.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Is this correct then - do all of these other areas at Ocean Ridge have a 2BR loft as an option? I thought only some of the areas did.
View attachment 34490
I still maintain that Wyndham is simply labeling the units based on the areas included in the respective points chart. The only question is why they separated Beachwalk out from the Village and Southpointe chart that they share (which I assume is to help people easily distinguish the location of their 4BR unit) - so the anomaly isn't that the Village and Southpointe are showing together, but that Beachwalk wasn't also included with them, whereas the areas on the other Ocean Ridge points chart are all grouped together regardless of whether they actually contain the type of unit in question.

Here is the list off the points chart: Bay Point at Edisto, Egrets Pointe, Fairway Terrace, Marsh Point Villas I & II, Sea Oaks, Sea Palms. So they left a few of them off in this case also. My point is that it’s a change. It’s been a few years since I’ve been actively watching availability at Ocean Ridge. I was looking to book into Southpointe so I spent time watching availability at Southpointe, Beachwalk, and The Village. I contend that Beach Walk wasn’t included because it was a different point value and it would be confusing if Southpointe and beach walk showed up at 2 different point costs.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We're staying at Ocean Ridge right now in a two bedroom loft unit in Sea Palms. The website shows loft units in Bay Point, Marsh Point, Sea Palms and Sea Oaks but they're only in Sea Palms and Sea Oaks.

I found this out when I called the resort to request Bay Point and a top floor unit if that applied with a loft unit. I was having an oh no what do I do now moment because we had four weeks booked and there was no availability left in a two bedroom deluxe to hopefully get Bay Point. The person I spoke with reassured me. She said the Sea Palms units were just updated last year and the lagoon view we'd have is lovely.

I looked at other resorts we could stay at on this extended trip then sat down with my husband to explain the situation and the options. He'd talked to several people who'd stayed at Ocean Ridge and still really wanted to go there. We've driven around to look at the other sections and he's explored everywhere on his bike rides. I'm so glad I couldn't change our plans to be in a different section or that we didn't go to a different resort because we really like where we're at.

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We're staying at Ocean Ridge right now in a two bedroom loft unit in Sea Palms. The website shows loft units in Bay Point, Marsh Point, Sea Palms and Sea Oaks but they're only in Sea Palms and Sea Oaks.

I found this out when I called the resort to request Bay Point and a top floor unit if that applied with a loft unit. I was having an oh no what do I do now moment because we had four weeks booked and there was no availability left in a two bedroom deluxe to hopefully get Bay Point. The person I spoke with reassured me. She said the Sea Palms units were just updated last year and the lagoon view we'd have is lovely.

I looked at other resorts we could stay at on this extended trip then sat down with my husband to explain the situation and the options. He'd talked to several people who'd stayed at Ocean Ridge and still really wanted to go there. We've driven around to look at the other sections and he's explored everywhere on his bike rides. I'm so glad I couldn't change our plans to be in a different section or that we didn't go to a different resort because we really like where we're at.
Thanks for the update.
Room location is one of the scary parts are timeshare bookings. When you stay at the hotel for the most part all rooms within a certain category are the same.