• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to ignore people on TUG?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have decided once again to add the COVID forum to the list of the forums I ignore and just come here for timeshare discussion. It isn't worth the stress. Thanks to @TUGBrian for adding that Ignore More add-on!

Well There it is! That's a great tip!

How long has this feature been around?

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I put the COVID Forum (and a few individuals from there) on ignore some time ago.

Life is much better now.

Cheers

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Just went and turned off all notifications. Now I won't get alerts when the mutes hit the like option.

This is sad. I hope you turn your notifications back on so that when people appreciate what you contribute, you'll know it.

In the COVID-19 forum some have turned emojis into "Bat Signals" so all their friends will know which posts they're supposed to report, meme or argue against. Let them know every once in a while that you see their stupid game, but otherwise just ignore them.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To me it's easier and less stressful to just not read posts by people that I don't like. It's rare, but once in a while I'll decide that someone on here isn't worth my time/effort. I just ignore without clicking any buttons or anything. It's a timeshare forum/bulletin board. It's been created to help people and create a community. If a few unhappy people want to use it for something else, just don't pay any attention to them. Eventually they will have to go somewhere else if nobody ever responds to them.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
To me it's easier and less stressful to just not read posts by people that I don't like. It's rare, but once in a while I'll decide that someone on here isn't worth my time/effort. I just ignore without clicking any buttons or anything. It's a timeshare forum/bulletin board. It's been created to help people and create a community. If a few unhappy people want to use it for something else, just don't pay any attention to them. Eventually they will have to go somewhere else if nobody ever responds to them.

That's kind of where I am. I don't read forums that don't apply to me, or that cause my stress levels to rise. The entire Covid forum is one I tend to avoid. I sometimes get dragged in by a post I see by a Tug friend, but I generally don't reply to anything posted there. I tend to follow the logic of something I read years ago:

"In all the history of calming down, nobody has ever calmed down by being told to calm down."

The Covid forum serves a valid purpose, and gives a voice to those who have strong opinions on all sides of the topic. I know I have my opinion, and that isn't going to be changed by reading argumentative threads telling me how wrong I am to feel as I do. So rather than read that forum, I avoid it. Another way to think of it is "Everybody is entitled to their own stupid opinion."

As to the Ignore feature, I don't know that I've ever used it. I enjoy Tug tremendously. I try to contribute where I can, and I appreciate the posts by nearly everyone here. Those who take obvious delight in stirring the pot, or posting inane replies to things, trying to incite bad feelings, are people whose posts I skim past when reading a thread. I can see what they're up to. I know what they're doing, I am not a fool, and I choose not to pander to their delusional antics. But Ignoring them would disrupt the flow of a given thread, so I find it easier to slide right past what they have posted.

Yes, I probably live in a fragile world of good thoughts and kind treatment of others, but just like an artist who puts paint to canvas: It's my world, and I'll live in it as I see fit.

Ok, I'll get off my existential box for now. I need more coffee. LOL! :D

Tuggers rock. Some are just more stoned than others.

Dave

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I like to read most posts, but we seem to stray from timeshares a lot. I enjoy the Timeshare related posts much more. Looking forward to my next Timeshare vacation. Won’t be for another month. We haven’t been traveling as much this year. Hope to go a lot more starting in September.
I will write reviews when we go somewhere again.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I have found there are just some posters that are so annoying, no matter what the topic is that I've "ignored" them. I'm sure many feel the same about me. :D

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The Covid discussions have been difficult, as Dave said. I also do not enjoy the Wyndham mega renter discussions because I feel I have been the target of some "mega renter" attack posts. I chose to leave those posts alone because it's not worth the elevation in blood pressure.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well There it is! That's a great tip!

How long has this feature been around?
It as added a little over a year ago.:cool:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found there are just some posters that are so annoying, no matter what the topic is that I've "ignored" them. I'm sure many feel the same about me. :D
I have a very overbearing brother in law. I want to ask sometimes. Barry is that you?

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I probably have 4 or 5 people on my ignore list.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Once, I unintentionally blocked myself in a forum (not TUG).
I musta thought that I was being pedantic or just annoying.
It took me a few days to realize why my posts were gone.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Once, I unintentionally blocked myself in a forum (not TUG).
I musta thought that I was being pedantic or just annoying.
It took me a few days to realize why my posts were gone.

Were they gone because you were being pedantic or because you were just annoying? ;)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is good- I try to avoid the covid forums, and if I do go there, I presume comments will come back at me with a bite and put on my tough skin and suck it up. I, however, tend to expect other forums to have a lot more decorum. Long story short, when my report got shut down, it caused me to refute and address the individual's actions directly in a post because frankly I feel poor behavior must be addressed or it metastasizes, just preferred it to be a neutral party who had done so. But that said, I tend to address things in a fairly adult and tempered way, so doubt it made any change in the other user's behavior. I guess I assumed that someone saying I was doing bad things without evidence (or even being on topic for the thread) would be seen as a personal attack, turns out it is viewed as a "difference of opinion". I now know better.
Regardless, back to the point of my original post - having a way to block certain users from seeing your posts in these cases would solve the problem and create much less work for the moderators. I know this user will attack me in any and all forums because they have decided I am one of the subset of owners they hate (I'm not and have said so multiple times) and if I could block them from seeing my posts, they'd have less outlet for their vitriol. That's all I was pointing out.

I avoid that forum entirely now. I opined in a couple threads, but it didn't take long to realize that many people on either side aren't there to exchange ideas, but rather to ramrod their worldview at the other side in a massive urination distance competition. No minds are being changed, little is actually being learned now by those who are sincerely there for that reason.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If I don’t want to read someone’s post I don’t. Never ignored anyone.
That has been my general approach to all social media. I do admit that there are those, a handful, that I allow to push my buttons that I ignore just to save myself from reacting.
I try to adapt the wisdom of Burt Bacharach (as interpreted by Dionne Warwick and Isaac Hayes);

If I see a posting in a thread,
And I start to fry inside my head
Scroll on by. Just scroll on by.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it certainly seems to be a lost art to read something, disagree with it...and simply continue scrolling on or carrying on about your day.

nowadays its all about arguing, even when there is no chance of ever convincing someone else on the other side of most all extremely polarizing debates.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
it certainly seems to be a lost art to read something, disagree with it...and simply continue scrolling on or carrying on about your day.

nowadays its all about arguing, even when there is no chance of ever convincing someone else on the other side of most all extremely polarizing debates.

Generally I try and explain why I think the other person may be incorrect. If they start replying with nonsense or illogical ideas, I move on. If I see that continues with other “discussions” as in the COVID Sub Forum, I just dumpster the whole thing and my life is better without it;).

Cheers