• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to get a good week in Holiday Inn system for II deposit (David Walley's home resort)

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Can somebody suggest how can I get a good week for II deposit. My home resort is David Walley's in Genova, NV, it's YOE, 2 bedroom with lock off. I called to Holiday In resort and paid my 2021 MF, I requested more to say begged them to give me weak 51 or 52 that I would deposit with II. I was told that they only take request and the other department with give me the weeks and I will only find out which one once I see them in II. They assured me that if I don't like what I got, I would call again and would be given another weeks. Week 51 and 52 were available if I decide to stay at my home resort but for depositing at the moment they did not know. After one week of waiting I found 2 weeks 1 studio and 1 one bedroom were deposited in II but it was week 50 I think December 10-18, 2021 NOT what I was requesting and of course with way lower TDI. I called back to Holiday Resort and after speaking to different reps gave up as it seems nothing I can do.
Any once can relate and share their strategy of getting high TDI? I'm so sad that this is the first time I paid way in advance in order to get a good time but could not. Exactly happened 2 years ago when I was giving first week of May and I had a very difficult time trading it in Interval.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I'm a member here, not sure why it says I'm a guest?

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG:
In some systems, you are able to reserve a week, and then deposit. In other systems, you have no choice over which week is deposited.
Ask where their Exchange policy is published.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t own at that particular resort, but my home Resort doesn’t allow me to select the week I deposit into II either, so I feel your pain. One thought on trading power...I see you split your unit into a studio and one bedroom. Have you ever tried depositing it as a 2-bedroom? I think # of bedrooms has a big influence on trading power in II.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Welcome to TUG:
In some systems, you are able to reserve a week, and then deposit. In other systems, you have no choice over which week is deposited.
Ask where their Exchange policy is published.
before Holiday Inn took over I always got what I asked so I didn't even know it might be an issue. Thank you I will looks for a policy

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I don’t own at that particular resort, but my home Resort doesn’t allow me to select the week I deposit into II either, so I feel your pain. One thought on trading power...I see you split your unit into a studio and one bedroom. Have you ever tried depositing it as a 2-bedroom? I think # of bedrooms has a big influence on trading power in II.
I only have one timeshare and it's EOY so I always split them to have 2 weeks of it. I guess it's time to change.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We don't belong to II, just RCI, but the few times that I've wanted to exchange our floating week I request (after paying the following years fees) a high demand week and unit (ocean front instead of ocean view). I don't tell our resort that I am going to bank it with RCI to exchange it. After we get our confirmation of our unit number and week, then I deposit it into RCI. It only took us one time of letting our resort choose the week when we told them it was going to be space banked, and seeing the trading value, for us to decide to choose our own.

~Diane

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also try @moonstone 's suggestion - don't tell the resort you're depositing. Reserve week 52. Or 4th of July. The risk is, when you go to II to enter your reservation number to make the deposit, II has to verify the week with Holiday Inn. You would need to be able to use or rent out the week yourself if you could not deposit it to II.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
One other suggestion if you primarily use this timeshare to trade in II. HIVC is pretty tight with RCI, while they probably have to honor the affiliation I doubt they'll go out of their way to make it easy for you.

It might make sense to get rid of this timeshare and get another II trader instead. Obviously this doesn't make sense if you mostly (or even sometimes) use it at your home resort. But if you primarily use it as a trader you might be able to get something that fits your needs etter with less hassle without paying much in switching costs.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
We don't belong to II, just RCI, but the few times that I've wanted to exchange our floating week I request (after paying the following years fees) a high demand week and unit (ocean front instead of ocean view). I don't tell our resort that I am going to bank it with RCI to exchange it. After we get our confirmation of our unit number and week, then I deposit it into RCI. It only took us one time of letting our resort choose the week when we told them it was going to be space banked, and seeing the trading value, for us to decide to choose our own.

~Diane
Thank you I will do it next year.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I would also try @moonstone 's suggestion - don't tell the resort you're depositing. Reserve week 52. Or 4th of July. The risk is, when you go to II to enter your reservation number to make the deposit, II has to verify the week with Holiday Inn. You would need to be able to use or rent out the week yourself if you could not deposit it to II.
I actually had July 4th few times before and it traded so well. Thank you

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
One other suggestion if you primarily use this timeshare to trade in II. HIVC is pretty tight with RCI, while they probably have to honor the affiliation I doubt they'll go out of their way to make it easy for you.

It might make sense to get rid of this timeshare and get another II trader instead. Obviously this doesn't make sense if you mostly (or even sometimes) use it at your home resort. But if you primarily use it as a trader you might be able to get something that fits your needs etter with less hassle without paying much in switching costs.
I don't stay at my home resort and only use it for trades. can you explain what do you mean by paying less in switching costs? I only do it with II; never been with RCI

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't stay at my home resort and only use it for trades. can you explain what do you mean by paying less in switching costs? I only do it with II; never been with RCI

Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear. I was trying to say that I doubt HIVC will be much help with II, because they are tight with RCI.

So, since you seem to like II, your best plan might be to sell or give away this timeshare. Once that is done, you could get a different timeshare to trade in II for free/cheap to replace it.

That might be less hassle than trying to get HICV to give you good weeks for II. I think the cost to switch would probably be quite low.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Unless you enjoyed going to this resort often, I would not recommend keeping it. Give it away or give it back. Then get yourself another resort that trades exceptionally well. That will eliminate most of the administrative headache of getting a bad week.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Unless you enjoyed going to this resort often, I would not recommend keeping it.
+1

Offload David Walley's resort. Buy WorldMark, join Internal International through WorldMark and you will enjoy much higher trading power than what you could get with David Walley's.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Thank you for all recommendations!