• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to Earn a Companion Pass on Southwest Airlines

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Having a companion pass with Southwest means that another person can travel with you for free (you still have to pay the government tax of $5.70). But if you travel even a little amount, this can save you a lot of money. Timeshare companies often will let you trade points for airlines flights, but there is usually a high cost to transfer one type of points into airline flights. I find it best to use earn the points to be used for what you want. A translation from one to another always incurs a fee.

In this Video I show how you can earn the 125,000 points in two different ways... If you have a Southwest credit card or in the case you do not have the credit card. Be warned... One of my steps requires you to take a vacation ... Horrible :).

This seems like a good way to start out a new year. A free companion pass can save money and earning the points also saves you money.

How to Earn a Companion Pass on Southwest airlines

Map of all my timeshare reviews

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the companion pass. Currently sitting at DCA waiting to board flight for Fort Lauderdale. This is the first time in 6 or 7 years that my wife and I have paid full price for both tickets since her companion pass ended yesterday. It will pick up again January 6 and cover the return segment home. Good through February 28 because of promotion. We’ve already reached the spend on personal card and after this trip the business card spend will have been met to qualify for all but two more years! Thanks for posting this Clifbell. Happy New Year everyone. Hoping 2022 will be a great year !!

Mark

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Love the companion pass. Currently sitting at DCA waiting to board flight for Fort Lauderdale. This is the first time in 6 or 7 years that my wife and I have paid full price for both tickets since her companion pass ended yesterday. It will pick up again January 6 and cover the return segment home. Good through February 28 because of promotion. We’ve already reached the spend on personal card and after this trip the business card spend will have been met to qualify for all but two more years! Thanks for posting this Clifbell. Happy New Year everyone. Hoping 2022 will be a great year !!

Mark
Love the story.... Good to know you have taken advantage of it.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Sorry, not taking the time to sit and watch a video when this information has already been discussed here. The easiest way to get the companion pass this year was to sign up for the bonus offer they had a month ago -- 100,000 bonus points for a $12K spend. It was a fantastic offer, and if timed right, you could realistically get 22 months of the Companion Pass with this one offer. SW has had similar offers in the fall most years.

Kurt

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, not taking the time to sit and watch a video when this information has already been discussed here. The easiest way to get the companion pass this year was to sign up for the bonus offer they had a month ago -- 100,000 bonus points for a $12K spend. It was a fantastic offer, and if timed right, you could realistically get 22 months of the Companion Pass with this one offer. SW has had similar offers in the fall most years.

Kurt
I already have the cards so I can't use the offers... Agree if you didn't have the cards... I booked a few hotels that end up giving me 10,000 points for a two night stay (the hotel rates are about $10/night more expensive without the points). In the example I used you could stay in a two bedroom condo in Orlando for 10 nights and get 45000 points... More for people who already have a card... It used to be that you could get a new card every year and get the bonus.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It used to be that you could get a new card every year and get the bonus.
If you have a spouse, you can get close to still doing that by alternating account ownership between the spouses and cancelling one spouse's card when you get the other spouse's card. Adding authorized users on a card does not count toward the timing limits of obtaining new accounts.

Kurt