• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to do a deposit first with II and WM?

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I know the answer is here somewhere but I can't seem to find the steps necessary to do this. I have points that are close to expiring so I want to make a deposit of my WM into II. I must have the wrong terminology because both worldmark and II tell me to use the other company to do this. If I remember correctly it's a blue season 2 bedroom that I want to deposit. How do I make sure my oldest points are used first and who do I actually call. TIA
Joan

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Your answers are at wmowners.com/forum

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd update you well I tried a deposit first on May 10th. I believe they call it banking points. I chose an 8000 point deposit or yellow 2 bedroom. I was told it might take 5 weeks to show up in my account. Well it it now way over that time and several calls later (it's fun waiting on hold for over an hour most times and then occasionally getting cut off) plus I have called II and still nothing. An owner care representative says she is going to call me this week. I'm not holding my breath. This has been without a doubt the most frustrating experience I have ever had with worldmark. I had to bank the points since BC would not let Albertans visit and I have spent enough time in Canmore.
Joan

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Did few deposits and still noting showing up in my account. It is from Worldmark side.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I may not fully understand the situation, but couldn't you just grab something in II, and let WM send them the credits for it? If you had ePlus, you could then change it out later for something you preferred taking. I am of the understanding that the oldest credits are used first, so wouldn't the expiring credits be the ones sent to II by WM? Is that not how it works? As I said, maybe I don't understand the particulars.

Dave

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I may not fully understand the situation, but couldn't you just grab something in II, and let WM send them the credits for it? If you had ePlus, you could then change it out later for something you preferred taking. I am of the understanding that the oldest credits are used first, so wouldn't the expiring credits be the ones sent to II by WM? Is that not how it works? As I said, maybe I don't understand the particulars.

Dave
Unfortunately I had points that were totally expiring at the end of June this year. The only way to extend them was to do a deposit into II. SO I called up Worldmark and set it up. As you can tell it never showed up in my II account but the 8000 points are gone. TO add to the frustration the phone line wait times are ridiculous.
I now see what you suggested book a week even if it's not what I want and the points would have come out (oldest first) and then if I paid more money for eplus I could have exchanged it up to 2 more times I believe. You have to understand I hate even paying the $209 US fee to interval. Paying another $69 for eplus seems ridiculous to trade into something that tome is not worth more than my worldmark most times. I only use II every few years and only for places that worldmark does not have. However after this situation if I have expiring points again I may have to take your advice. I feel a little better knowing that you are having problems as well Samara. If this is happening to more than just me they must have a problem.

Joan

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for explaining, Joan. Yes, it's annoying. I completely agree about that. But when it comes down to "use it or lose it" with what you've already paid for, the idea of doing whatever can be done to save the credits is better than letting them disappear. Sadly, it sounds as if yours have disappeared. I presume the desk at II you're speaking to is the WM desk? I understand they have some greater knowledge the average folks don't know about. They should be able to trace back where the disconnect was.

Hope you can get it sorted out. Good luck!

Dave

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have EXPIRED credits (like from June 2020) that can be used until July 2021, the only option is to make a deposit first. This way, they are out of your account and you do not have to worry about these anymore.

Be SUPER carful with e-plus after doing exchange first as your old credits may not go further in time enough to cover it. like if you make an exchange initially for July 2021 then e-plus into an exchange for Aug 2021, the expired credits from June 2020 cannot be used and will get lost if you do not have a reservation to shuffle into.

Joan did the right thing. I did the same.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@DaveNV
When you make a WM "deposit first" transaction to Interval, the credits are deducted from the WM account that day, and no longer shuffle. That is what is good about it - the expired credits will not resurface in your WM account. Those points are then converted into a "week" in a certain unit size and season, and become an II deposit. The expiration date would be at least two years into the future. Therefore those, "expired" credits just gained two more years of life. Typically the deposit would arrive in the II account within 3 weeks, on a Thursday. We advised those making surch a transaction to mark their calendars and call WM Owner Care (who then talks to Exchange Dept) as soon as the 3 week date arrived and they had not yet received the deposited week.

Joan is now reporting that it is taking 5 weeks or more for the deposit to show up. It will appear, it's just a very long wait time.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@DaveNV
When you make a WM "deposit first" transaction to Interval, the credits are deducted from the WM account that day, and no longer shuffle. That is what is good about it - the expired credits will not resurface in your WM account. Those points are then converted into a "week" in a certain unit size and season, and become an II deposit. The expiration date would be at least two years into the future. Therefore those, "expired" credits just gained two more years of life. Typically the deposit would arrive in the II account within 3 weeks, on a Thursday. We advised those making surch a transaction to mark their calendars and call WM Owner Care (who then talks to Exchange Dept) as soon as the 3 week date arrived and they had not yet received the deposited week.

Joan is now reporting that it is taking 5 weeks or more for the deposit to show up. It will appear, it's just a very long wait time.

Thanks for explaining. I've only done it the other way - picked something I wanted, and II sucked the credits from WM to pay for it. It's good to know this other way.

Dave

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I now see what you suggested book a week even if it's not what I want and the points would have come out (oldest first) and then if I paid more money for eplus I could have exchanged it up to 2 more times I believe. You have to understand I hate even paying the $209 US fee to interval. Paying another $69 for eplus seems ridiculous to trade into something that to me is not worth more than my worldmark most times.
You can ePlus up to 3x, not 2x. And the ePlus swaps can check in up to a year after your original exchange. So since your original exchange can be up to 2 years after the expiration of your deposit, you really have a 3-year window, in addition to 3 more chances to find something. For me, that $69 is well worth it, and has been more so than ever during this pandemic. Think of it as a low-cost maintenance fee, since you're getting an exchange week for something that would have gone to waste otherwise.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to never do EPlus but have started using it a lot more in 2020 and 2021. The 59.00 is so worth it to be able to book a higher quality resort or a different date or to simply extend the life of your deposited weeks.
On one of my II account there is another owner, he neither understand the way the exchanges work nor does them for himself. So when he calls me after the 24 hr deadline to cancel the exchange I know I have 4 more days to buy the EPlus for that exchange.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to update what is happening. I did a space bank of 8000 points on May 10th. In spite of at least 6 conversations and having an owner care representative working on this I still do not have a week assigned to my II account for these points. We even had a 3 way call with interval today. I believe this has to be a WM issue as they have to actually assign a week for those 8000 points. I think they are trying to wear me down so I just give up. Clearly they do not know me. I would love an update from you Samara. Did you get your week?