• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to cope during the coronavirus outbreak

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
From many other posts it is evident stress is rising from the impact of this virus. If you find articles or ideas that can help, let’s post them. I figure having them in one thread can help us all get ideas how to cope better.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
From many other posts it is evident stress is rising from the impact of this virus. If you find articles or ideas that can help, let’s post them. I figure having them in one thread can help us all get ideas how to cope better.

I had to take most of yesterday off from reading TUG posts relating the the virus. I found I was experiencing TMJ side effects and a tightness in my jaw that was leading to pain behind one ear. I watched a five hour long estate auction through Invaluable instead. Bought some items and knew that I have to arrange private pick-up and shipping of them. What I had not noticed, or had forgotten, is the the auction house is in Manhattan. Got an email from the auction house that they are shutting down. Who knows when I will get my items! Oh well, hopefully delayed gratification is something to look forward to. I completely understand why they are doing it!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My husband is in a men's weekly Bible study that was meeting at a local restaurant. Since all the restaurants in Nevada are closed now they have come up with a great way to stay in touch with each other and continue to meet each week. This morning they are having their first Zoom.com group meeting. Each man is at home on his computer but they can see each other and talk. I'm hearing their group now as I'm in the kitchen and my husband is in his office. They are opening with prayer right now.

Our church has online services now and all activities at the church building are suspended. Last Sunday was the first one and it was great to get the pastor's encouraging message. They have always had online services for people who couldn't get to church, but now it's for everyone.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband is in a men's weekly Bible study that was meeting at a local restaurant. Since all the restaurants in Nevada are closed now they have come up with a great way to stay in touch with each other and continue to meet each week. This morning they are having their first Zoom.com group meeting. Each man is at home on his computer but they can see each other and talk. I'm hearing their group now as I'm in the kitchen and my husband is in his office. They are opening with prayer right now.

Our church has online services now and all activities at the church building are suspended. Last Sunday was the first one and it was great to get the pastor's encouraging message.

We need to pray IMHO.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Normally I would be exercising at my water aerobics class several times a week, but our rec center/pool/gym is shut down. I just got a youtube video from one of our instructors with some exercises (not water, of course!) that we can do at home. Walking outside is probably the best exercise we can do and my hussband and I were doing that together until we went to his first physical therapy session yesterday after having shoulder surgery two weeks ago.

The therapist said for these first several weeks he needs to keep his shoulder as still as possible and even walking causes movement in one's shoulder. He's bummed about that as that leaves him with very little physical activity he can do. He's really having cabin fever now with having to stay home because of the virus.

Brett

Reaction score
I went to Lowe's today, everything looked normal - plenty of customers
I bought some plumbing supplies and tomato plants
guess I'll plant the tomatoes today or tomorrow - it 75 outside

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...Each man is at home on his computer but they can see each other and talk...

Before I retired, I used to joke about working from home via teleconference.
I'd say: "We could sit at our desks in our underwear, with only a coat+tie on."
... "Just be careful not to stand-up."

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

Our church has online services now and all activities at the church building are suspended. Last Sunday was the first one and it was great to get the pastor's encouraging message. They have always had online services for people who couldn't get to church, but now it's for everyone.

It’s a small world. My wife is doing the exact same thing right now! Well except it’s a lady’s church group.

Harry

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
On this first day of Spring - Stay strong &
take time to reflect on nature`s wonders.

The change of seasons often motivates a fresh start,
and for many, that means one thing: Spring Cleaning.

Last edited:

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Skipping the gym workouts and trying to get my 10,000 steps in each day. So blessed to have a big park across the street. I have no excuse now for not getting things organized and am making a list of projects.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have been losing weight pretty regularly since 9/3/2019, and since this crisis happened, I have lost zero pounds, even though I am watching my food intake. I think the stress is the culprit.

I have refunded several weeks I rented in Myrtle Beach and the Colorado mountains, and I have family traveling this Saturday that haven't made up their minds yet on whether or not to go. I need them to let me know by the end of the day. I hope they just go on their trip. It's spring break for the kids, but now the kids are out of school for a month.

Crazy times.

It's a good time to binge watch television shows I haven't seen. Maybe I can find a gem or two. I pray that our kids and grandkids and all of our extended family stays healthy during these scary times, unprecedented in my lifetime, and I am 65 years old. I remember the cold war, and that was similar in some ways.

Some of our older family members lived through WWII. I can only imagine the terror after Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese. I am sure that was worse, and I think about that as a lover of history. That was one tough generation. They stepped up. The boomers from that generation heard stories of the fear. That is my generation.

Stay well, everyone.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Good for them for making lemonade out of lemons. My Bible study is cancelled. One of the members became ill, but it was not the Corona, it was just a cold. It was scary to have her tell everyone that she is ill and going to the doc. It's a mild cold.

We had a cold 3 weeks ago, both of us, a week after we got back from Maui. We assumed a cold, but I had a terrible backache, right where my lungs are. Maybe I had the virus. I don't know.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have been losing weight pretty regularly since 9/3/2019, and since this crisis happened, I have lost zero pounds, even though I am watching my food intake. I think the stress is the culprit.

I have refunded several weeks I rented in Myrtle Beach and the Colorado mountains, and I have family traveling this Saturday that haven't made up their minds yet on whether or not to go. I need them to let me know by the end of the day. I hope they just go on their trip. It's spring break for the kids, but now the kids are out of school for a month.

Crazy times.

It's a good time to binge watch television shows I haven't seen. Maybe I can find a gem or two. I pray that our kids and grandkids and all of our extended family stays healthy during these scary times, unprecedented in my lifetime, and I am 65 years old. I remember the cold war, and that was similar in some ways.

Some of our older family members lived through WWII. I can only imagine the terror after Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese. I am sure that was worse, and I think about that as a lover of history. That was one tough generation. They stepped up. The boomers from that generation heard stories of the fear. That is my generation.

Stay well, everyone.
My doctor has always believed stress causes cortisol levels to rise and for many it prevents weight loss. Whereas I too am trying to lose weight I will be happy if I can just maintain during the stressful time.

geekette

Reaction score
Before I retired, I used to joke about working from home via teleconference.
I'd say: "We could sit at our desks in our underwear, with only a coat+tie on."
... "Just be careful not to stand-up."
I would say that "Of Course, I always wear my professional jammies and bunny slippers."