• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to confirm week 51 at WLR?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Hi, I am in the process of getting an event week 51 at WLR, but how do I confirm it's indeed week 51 and not one of the regular platinum week?
So far the title company has sent me the estoppel showing a week 51 on the top page...but my other floating WLR also shows an actual week...
within the estoppel itself, it makes no mention of unit type / weeks etc...only that the unit is paid off and it's a voluntary resort...

thanks!

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Somebody here should be able to confirm whether all of the week 51 inventory is/was sold as Event Week at Lagunamar. I suspect it was, in which case any deed showing Week 51 would be a dedicated week.

I suspect your other WLR week will say "floating" on the deed and estoppel, where a fixed week ownership will not say "floating" anywhere. But I don't own any fixed weeks so that's just my best guess.

I would think the estoppel should describe the unit type, otherwise how do you know it's the type you think you are buying?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that 50% of week 51 and 52 were sold as fixed. The remainder is available for Platinum+ to book

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The vistana resale sheet should indicate if it is an event week and fixed or if it is a float week. If it doesn't I would enquire but most likely it is a platinum plus. As mentioned some of the inventory for those weeks were sold as fixed event weeks and others were not.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
here's the latest estoppel they sent me...I redacted the unit number/contract number and the current owner's name...but everything else is original...
maybe I can request the estoppel from Vistana directly?

Attachments

• wlr51.pdf
    377.1 KB · Views: 29

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ask for the one that Vistana sent to them. If I remember correctly it should be called a resale sheet. Vistana will not give it to you directly.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
That's a finance estoppel, it does not show usage. There's a separate usage estoppel, called "VSE Usage Verification Form", that will show all the usage details.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The last one I saw was called a "Resale Information Sheet" (although for a different Vistana property).

It showed things such as unit size and float/fixed. Both pretty important.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
So I called owner services as well as email...on email, they would not confirm anything since I am not the agent nor current owner, but on the phone, the agent verbally confirmed it is fixed week51 and will get auto booked every year...Echino, I did also get the VSE usage verification form, but all the relevant info was under a section called "completed by requestor", so I am not sure if that info was from Vistana or Redweek (who listed the sale)...