• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to choose which ownership to book 1yr out

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Hi all
Need a little help. We just added svv to our current wkv ownership. When I go to book and I'm on the svv pictured reservation, it shows that I can only book 8 months out when I pick svv as my Resort destination. But when I change to Kierland it goes to 1yr out. How do I get it to work for svv?

Thanks
Tom

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Need a little help. We just added svv to our current wkv ownership. When I go to book and I'm on the svv pictured reservation, it shows that I can only book 8 months out when I pick svv as my Resort destination. But when I change to Kierland it goes to 1yr out. How do I get it to work for svv?

Thanks
Tom

Are you booking within your season at SVV?

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
i own SVV with 81k SO, shouldn't I be able to book 1yr out for SVV?

For Kierland, I can book 1yr out.

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you plan to go to SVV you should be able to plan 1yr out for your home resort using your SVV ...if using WKV to go to SVV then 8 months....from what I understand your SVV interest shows only 8 month mark even for home use ...there might be a glitch in the way they set up your account . I would call...

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, but only in your season. If you own fall at Kierland it won't let you book winter 12 month out and vice versa.

The seasons at SVV are bit more mixed up (the more expensive season includes various holidays, spring break, etc) but you can still only book 12 month out I the season you own.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Yes, but only in your season. If you own fall at Kierland it won't let you book winter 12 month out and vice versa.

The seasons at SVV are bit more mixed up (the more expensive season includes various holidays, spring break, etc) but you can still only book 12 month out I the season you own.

yeah, just got off the phone with them. Makes sense now, thanks.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just because you own at that resort doesn't mean you can book a year ahead anytime you want. What you own will determine what SEASON you can book a year ahead. Given 81k SOs in SVV, you either own:

2-bedroom lockoff, in which case you can book a year ahead in the GOLD PLUS season during the following weeks of the year: 1–5, 18–22, 35–38, 48–50

OR

2-bedroom dedicated, in which case you can book a year ahead in the PLATINUM season during the following weeks of the year: 6–17, 23–34, 39–47, 51–52

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
For typical VSE/VSN resorts - you can only book 12 months ahead in the season you own for the type of villa you own - all others are at 8 months out. This is a basic tenet of the 4 pillars of VSE/VSN ownership usage (HR, VSN, SO-SP, and II) that all owners should be aware. With M Resorts: Pillar 3 (SO-SP) is lost upon resale. With V Resorts: Pillar 2 (VSN) and Pillar 3 is lost upon resale.
{Before someone interjects regarding differences for Flex (FO) or Home Resort (HO) systems - these systems may have nuances around this based on the number or type of FOs or HOs owned - but the basic premise remains.}

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi all

Thanks
Tom
What dates were you trying to reserve and exactly how were you doing it. I have the exact same type of ownership at SVV. A 2BR Bella 81K Prime/Platinum Plus week. I simply go in to the Villa Finder (Reserve a Villa / Book Now) and search for a March 2018 (Prime Season) week starting on a traditional checkin day. The first option that comes up is a 2 Bedroom Villa. The box to the right indicates "Reservation Window: Open" and below it "Home Resort Usage". If I look at the additional unit sized that I don't own, they all show "StarOptions Required" under where the "Reservation Window Open" date is shown.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just because you own at that resort doesn't mean you can book a year ahead anytime you want. What you own will determine what SEASON you can book a year ahead. Given 81k SOs in SVV, you either own:

2-bedroom lockoff, in which case you can book a year ahead in the GOLD PLUS season during the following weeks of the year: 1–5, 18–22, 35–38, 48–50

OR

2-bedroom dedicated, in which case you can book a year ahead in the PLATINUM season during the following weeks of the year: 6–17, 23–34, 39–47, 51–52
The only thing to note. At SVV Bella, home resort Prime (Platinum) season owners can not reserve weeks 39-47 in their home resort priority window. These weeks are actually High Season for Home Season even though and SVV owners that own those weeks only get the Gold Plus level of StarOptions. Though for anyone using StarOptions to book weeks 39-47 do have to pay the higher StarOptions amounts.