• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to cancel a a worldmark timeshare purchase

kathieh1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased 10K additional points yesterday, and today I'm having second thoughts. I have read through my email copy of the documents and I can't find ANY instructions on cancelling the purchase. There is no "form" etc. as part of the documents we received. I can look again, but I'm not seeing anything about it. I thought it would be clearly stated. The only thing I did see is we have 5 calendar days to cancel the purchase. Would the instructions be somewhere else other than in the docusign document which is hard to read.

kathieh1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the paragraph about cancelling now. So does the cancellation just need to be postmarked within 5 days or received by them? I would assume postmarked? (certified mail etc.). What specifically do I need to send them with the cancellation? I don't have printed copies of anything and am on vacation where it's a bit difficult to get things printed.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Postmarked. But don't delay. Make sure you send it certified, so you will get that piece of paper back showing that they did received your rescission.

WorldMark is a great product, but I guarantee you can get 50,000 or more credits for what you were going to pay for the 10,000. Resale is always better. Ebay has some amazing deals.

Good for you for rescinding. How much was it going to cost?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Better than the method of delivery is two forms of delivery. It can take the stress away when notoriously slow Certified Mail doesn't get there fast enough. Use one trackable method of delivery and then another regular stamped USPS First Class letter with a Certificate of Mailing. If email or fax is an option in the contract, use that. It is the fastest.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I found the paragraph about cancelling now. So does the cancellation just need to be postmarked within 5 days or received by them? I would assume postmarked? (certified mail etc.). What specifically do I need to send them with the cancellation? I don't have printed copies of anything and am on vacation where it's a bit difficult to get things printed.

Oregon's Right of Rescission for a Timeshare Contract is the buyer must submit this notice by certified mail with a return receipt requested.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind! you saved an absolute fortune!

if you still like worldmark, you are going to be even more shocked at how much cheaper those points are on the resale market!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
All you need is a simple letter stating you are rescinding the contract. Include signatures from everybody who signed the contract. Just a piece of paper with a few sentences and signatures and then take it to the nearest postoffice and send it certified so you have proof it was sent. WM/Wyndham won't give you any problems so the certified probably isn't necessary, but just an extra layer of piece of mind.

kathieh1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are actually very early owners of Worldmark since 1995 I think and long term TUG members. We bought the original points at Eagle Crest when that was their only resort. We currently own 35K points.. and have Travelshare Diamond Elite (but NOT VIP). Because of our age (around 70) we're actually at a point where owning less makes more sense and we also own a few Hawaii timeshares (which we need to offload soon). Cancelling makes sense, and not buying would have made even MORE sense.. I need to write myself a letter to carry to remind myself of all the reasons to NOT fall for the sales pitches. The cost for the 10K was going to be 29,750 (after a "*discount* for owning another Wyndham related Shell property). We knew that was ridiculous.. there is always a reason they offer a supposedly tempting discount and we knew that wasn't real - and just seriously - that's way too much money since we could pay for a LOT of housekeeping fees for that plus the extra $81 a month in maintenance fees. By the way, the pitch to get us to go to the presentation (we usually turn these down) was that there were changes that would mean we would get some new features or perks on our existing membership without having to pay anything if we just went to the sales meeting and "accepted" them. That was, of course, a lie. I wasn't able to discern any new features that would not involve us buying more points. The tempting features (besides more housekeeping and guest passes) was the Travel program Travel up(discount airfare, etc.) and something where we could let them rent our Maui Timeshare for us and turn it into WM points.. but I got to thinking that I really dislike those kinds of "clubs" where you have to book everything through a third party. I've had issues with that in the past when I needed to change or cancel reservations.. Soo... I came to my senses. I just wanted to confirm the cancellation details with you all here and I really appreciate all the advice.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Don't forget that with WM you can rent credits in or out, up to two times the number of credits you own, each year. Credits are currently renting for $0.07 - $0.08 per credit over on wmowners.com. $30k will rent you a lot of credits and HK tokens. No need to add to what you already own if renting credits in will accomplish the same goal of more vacations at WM properties.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
What are you getting for the travelshare dues you are paying? While you are rescinding, you might want to take a closer look at whether you want to eliminate Travelshare and just become a 'regular' WM owner. Usually, you can join RCI and get a year's worth of internet for less than those extra dues. There's not much else there.

And keep in mind that the 'concierge' or whatever they call themselves, earnings are based on how many people they deliver to the sales weasels. Who wants to spend their vacation at a high pressure sales pitch? So they lie. Just walk on by and ignore the whole mess. Unplug your phone and enjoy your vacation.