• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to book at a "booked" MVC resort?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Anyone have any advice on how to book at a MVC property with no availability on MVC site, but has availability to book via marriott.com? I'm a newbie points owner.

I've heard "call and ask"...but are there any specific things I should say/do?

Thanks!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
They are different buckets of inventory from different sources. You will see that from time to time.

Can't hurt to ask, but not likely anything they can do for you. One option is you could book it with cash using your MVC owners discount, but you likely want to use your DC points.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well you could search rentals on redweek.com and see if someone with an owner's week would want to exchange for DC points.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Call and ask" is unlikely to help...for the reason Fasttr noted. Make a cash reservation and keep looking for a points reservation is a technique I've successfully used in the past. More to the point, keep looking for 1, 2, and 3 day availability and slowly convert your cash stay to points - understanding that you may have to move rooms.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have made several reservations with DC points that had no availability. Marriott has a waitlist. You do call and they add you to the list. Works great.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Call and ask" is unlikely to help...for the reason Fasttr noted. Make a cash reservation and keep looking for a points reservation is a technique I've successfully used in the past. More to the point, keep looking for 1, 2, and 3 day availability and slowly convert your cash stay to points - understanding that you may have to move rooms.

I have also had success “collecting” days to fill out an MVC trip- booking concealable cash nights as back up and then searching for single days through MVC until I had my full stay. As long as they are the same view Marriott can combine them into one reservation- a single room. Last time I did this I had a single cash room in the wrong view and the rep I spoke to at Marriott reservations somehow put me on a wait list and when the correct view came up they moved my reservation so I had a hybrid MVC points (5 nights) / cash stay (1 night cash, 1 MR points) all in one room.

I find “collecting” more successful than getting on the points waitlist- as long as you keep an eye on the 60 day points cancellation deadline.

Learning so much from all of you- thanks.