• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How the "must haves" in a timeshare change as you age :)

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I want to be DonnaD when I grow up. ;) I get my 6 or 7 weeks in timeshares, but they are spread throughout the year, and without the warm temps for now!
I love my life....I sing to myself..."somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good!" My timeshare is better than owning a vacation home....I pay for and use the timeshare like I would use a vacation home but I don't have to maintain or pay for it when I am not using it. The staff here is great and the view is so beautiful.

Brett

Reaction score
I've yet to experience the Toto royal flush "rear cleanse" in a TS or AirBnb but I'm willing to give it a squirt

toto.jpg

Last edited:

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new must now, we must stay two consecutive weeks at the same resort or two consecutive weeks in Williamsburg, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Orlando, Vegas or San Diego.
This is also new for us....we were 3 weeks in Captiva. We wanted to find out if we enjoyed being in the same place for more than a week and we loved it! Obviously it was a lovely location, but we had time to explore further and found it very relaxing. (we just need to find somewhere better for the dog.....it was expensive).

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
When our daughter was young, we could just throw her onto any couch and we were good. As she grew into a teen and now adult (gasp!!!) she needs her own space so we don't do less than 2BR.

LOL......my kids are somewhat spoiled; partly we are to blame because my husband is an early riser and didn't want to wake kids sleeping in the living room; and we've preferred putting kids to bed at a regular time.....8pm, to have evenings to ourselves; so couch sleepers have never worked well for us. Now each child (we have 7) and most have their own families; want their own rooms and bathrooms (honestly we don't usually travel with "everyone"); but when traveling with each one (or a couple) of the kids (and their families) we provide them each with a bedroom & bath....grandbabies can sleep in cribs, air mattresses or many times in large houses there are bunk rooms. When traveling with a couple kids (and their families) we all prefer to be in the same house...hanging out in the same living room; everyone takes a turn providing meals in the same kitchen - Timeshares haven't worked well for our big groups.....but now that it may just be the two of us traveling... timeshares are again providing a great travel option!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Okay, so with this departure to points down under, this now seems the perfect place to ask this question.

How effective is the .... uh... cleaning ..... when you've really outdone yourself?

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Especially when kids younger laundry in unit, beds for everyone was a must- they did not sleep well having to share a bed ->cranky kids —> cranky mom. Also wanted separate bedrooms as I needed sleep too (kids noisy when sleep lol). Full Kitchen a definite plus!
we have a 3 bedroom and a one bedroom now. Now that just one kiddo left at home it’s easier to go into smaller units. However we discovered (or rather she found my husband) a daughter a few years back (long story - he didn’t know she existed ; she found him due to 23&me- very happy ending for all families involved) with her own family (instant grandparents:love:)- so while smaller units are ok unless the oldest and family able to meet us then we try for the big units again! So needs/wants/musts change frequently:p
I will admit to being 100% spoiled with the space/amenities TS provide-me will go for space if available whether we need it or not lol