• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How often do you forget about Covid

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think about it constantly because in the course of 3 weeks I have become a community organizer of sorts. I have created a group of parents in my school district that now has 1100 parents in it. We are fighting hard to get the schools open. It has truly become a 2nd full time job for me , practically overnight. So , yes, I think about it non-stop because I'm trying so hard to get the kids into school.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I understand it can be hard to adjust to the new normal. I just do not think about why they are zapping me with a thermometer. I just think it is what it is. I just focus on all the things I can still do and disassociate the new ways of living with Covid. I think about Covid the most when I am on Tug.

It’s good you can do this. I cannot. I will never accept this new normal and I won’t say much more because it will get political.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
@WinniWoman BTW I was in South Dakota for a long weekend . This time Sioux Falls. Loved it. Exceeded my expectations. Their downtown area is fantastic. They've preserved the facades of the original buildings. Public art everywhere. Wonderful restaurants. Cool shops. Felt great to be there.
IMG_6636.jpg

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK - maybe in around 48 days things will change

ACC and Big 10 football is back :)
see here's the deal that some of us in IL cannot understand: all the states adjacent to us have HS football and now U of IL will have football too. But our high schoolers can't. ZERO logic or science in that.

Brett

Reaction score
see here's the deal that some of us in IL cannot understand: all the states adjacent to us have HS football and now U of IL will have football too. But our high schoolers can't. ZERO logic or science in that.

High school football may be different than college football or professional sports
Pro sports are on TV. I'm guessing the college football games will be on TV with 'social distancing' in the stands

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
@WinniWoman BTW I was in South Dakota for a long weekend . This time Sioux Falls. Loved it. Exceeded my expectations. Their downtown area is fantastic. They've preserved the facades of the original buildings. Public art everywhere. Wonderful restaurants. Cool shops. Felt great to be there. View attachment 26619

Wow! Awesome! You went back? I have this on my list to visit once this bs ends. Would you move there?

With what’s going on here in many of the towns and on the state level, sometimes I think we should have moved to S Dakota.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Awesome! You went back? I have this on my list to visit once this bs ends. Would you move there?

With what’s going on here in many of the towns and on the state level, sometimes I think we should have moved to S Dakota.
I would consider moving there. I HATE WINTER but at this point would be willing to freeze my a$$ off to get out of IL. I learned that Sioux Falls is much colder and has more brutal winters than the western part of the state. But Sioux Falls is more attractive to me as a destination because of the size and it's proximity to Chicago. Also multiple flights per day out of SF airport to Chicago. It's a really nice small city. Was fascinating to talk to the locals when I was there. They said they are getting "over-run" by out of staters.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would consider moving there. I HATE WINTER but at this point would be willing to freeze my a$$ off to get out of IL. I learned that Sioux Falls is much colder and has more brutal winters than the western part of the state. But Sioux Falls is more attractive to me as a destination because of the size and it's proximity to Chicago. Also multiple flights per day out of SF airport to Chicago. It's a really nice small city. Was fascinating to talk to the locals when I was there. They said they are getting "over-run" by out of staters.

I think you should seriously consider it! Winters are what you make of them! They are a good time to button down and reflect and plan. I have learned to embrace them.

I look forward to visiting there someday.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter lived in Sioux Falls for several years and her I laws are all there. But it us a long boring drive

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think about it constantly because in the course of 3 weeks I have become a community organizer of sorts. I have created a group of parents in my school district that now has 1100 parents in it. We are fighting hard to get the schools open. It has truly become a 2nd full time job for me , practically overnight. So , yes, I think about it non-stop because I'm trying so hard to get the kids into school.
Four days of school in the Dells and two cases at one elementary school. Still hopeful it will work

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s good you can do this. I cannot. I will never accept this new normal and I won’t say much more because it will get political.
I am curious how you explain COVID in Europe and other places.

Last edited:

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
We moved from large city to small town almost three years ago. This move required change in our lifestyle.
When I became very sick on March 10th and recovery time extended to two months I changed my lifestyle again.
I am not thinking about Covid as big unknown. I try my best to live and enjoy life of a retiree, but not without a face mask in my pocket. When my 25 year old daughter came to visit (she drove), I realized how much she worries about us. She pointed out to me the necessity of defensive behavior like turning away from individuals not wearing mask, etc. Since we live surrounded by great outdoors we hike a lot. There are noticeable differences between several mountain communities how they regulate mask wearing and crowding in public spaces. From what I have observed, a push for revenue in combination with selfish behavior of visitors makes me wish for shorter tourist season. On the other hand, we have several driving trips planned for Fall and at least five weeks of skiing for Winter. I am an optimist.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am curious how you explain COVID in Europe and other places.

Why do you think I am only referring to the USA? I am not! Let's not even go there.