• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How often do you forget about Covid

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
This is sad, but every so often there will be a report on television and my husband basically is hearing it each time for the first time and gets very upset about it. Time passes and I have to explain to him again why we aren’t going anywhere and about this virus we are trying to avoid

I wish all the virus news could be just on 1 channel or just at a specific time so some people can avoid listening to it. I have had to ask my 89 yr old dad not to watch the news as he gets so anxious about the virus and the statistics. Our numbers here in Ontario Canada are not too bad & never have been, but dad is sure the virus is out there waiting to attack him. He hasn't been out of his house except in our car to go for a drive with us to his cottage for the day since early March. His health isn't too bad for an 89 yo but he is so frightened of catching the virus and suffocating to death. I have to constantly explain to him that since he is staying in his house and his care workers, DH & I are being very vigilant the chances of him catching it are very low.

My younger sister who has mental and physical health issues and is, as of Monday, in the hospital recovering from a 2nd suicide attempt in 3 months, was feeding Dads worry and telling him more things to worry about so much that my BiL actually blocked all the news channels on their home Satellite TV feed. They have a son in a Toronto suburb (a hot spot for the virus) and a daughter in Europe (another hot spot) and my sister is afraid they will catch it and she'll never see them again.

I would like to forget about Covid19 but since I am doing all my dad's shopping and banking and see him every week, I need to be careful. I have only seen my mom through her window at the nursing home a few times due to all the restrictions in place to prevent an outbreak at the home, which is working so far. Mom has end stage dementia so she doesn't know any of us so she doesn't realize that we are not coming in for our weekly visits.

~Diane

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Me too :cool: Although now that I’m a participant in a vaccine trial, I have to think of it at 7 PM when I have to enter my data.

Cheers
Thank you for participating. I truly appreciate your consideration and contribution towards a solution.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is sad, but every so often there will be a report on television and my husband basically is hearing it each time for the first time and gets very upset about it. Time passes and I have to explain to him again why we aren’t going anywhere and about this virus we are trying to avoid
So sorry, exceptionally hard in those type situations. Same vein, but a little lighter...my Mom has some dimentia. We talked so much about going to Hawaii this year (and obviously had to cancel) that she thinks we went. We zoom call several times a week (mostly to keep contact with her, nothing cheers her like the grandkids). Talking about rescheduling for next year, she remarked 'but we went this year'. She could be living the best life of all of us? I do remember visiting with my aunt during a major national event (which I don't recall the major event). It was on the TV, and about every 15 minutes it was new news for her. And she say 'Oh, my, that's terrible...'. Very challenging, hugs to you @rapmarks.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I know Covid is extremely deadly and widespread. However, it is easy for me to forget about it because I still do not personally know anyone who has gotten it and neither do my family members and close friends know of anyone in our immediate circle. There might be some stories of people who are friends of friends who have gotten it but no one we know directly. In my county, massage centers have re-opened for in person massages and the public schools are opening in early October. Even my sister in Miami, one of the epicenters of Covid, said she feels like they have moved into stage 2 and the public schools are re-opening there in October also.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is continually on my mind. My husband is a physician on the frontlines. Pre-pandemic he wore street clothes to work with a white lab coat. Now he wears scrubs that he takes off in the garage and puts them directly into the washing machine. Our son’s wedding has been postponed 2 times. He is now getting married in October in a small wedding in NYS, but we probably will not be able to go because as Florida residents we are not welcome in NYS. The big wedding will take place in October, 2021. I’m having a big birthday this week and we were supposed to be on a month long trip to China. Which of course has been cancelled.So since COVID is still rampant it is always on my mind. I also worry about my grandchildren and school. One is learning virtually, the other is in brick and mortar!
The only thing I can say is thank goodness we are all safe and healthy.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think I really ever forget about it, but it don't have to "think" about it anymore. Masks have been required in our area for months now and it simply is second nature to put one on.

But....what I did feel last Thursday for the very first time since this all started was a "normal" day. The kiddo started back at school that day. It by no means was a perfect morning, but it was our "normal" morning.

Me grumbling about how much I hate making school lunches, the kid trying to find the skirt she wanted to wear at the last minute....getting out the door was hectic. But, once we did.....the routine fell back in place. She controlled the music and we sang and chatted on our way to school. I dropped her off and I always take the back roads home it is such a beautiful drive to start my day......fields of corn, rock walls everywhere, the dairy farms, vineyards and ocean are all part of it. I also listened to my favorite PG-13 radio talk show on the way home, it always makes me laugh. I came home to an empty house because DH was working the day shift and I was able to work from home in peace and quiet. Then I ended the day with a routine Dr. appointment.

For the first time in what seemed like forever....I had experienced a normal day. It was nice.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It is continually on my mind. My husband is a physician on the frontlines. Pre-pandemic he wore street clothes to work with a white lab coat. Now he wears scrubs that he takes off in the garage and puts them directly into the washing machine. Our son’s wedding has been postponed 2 times. He is now getting married in October in a small wedding in NYS, but we probably will not be able to go because as Florida residents we are not welcome in NYS. The big wedding will take place in October, 2021. I’m having a big birthday this week and we were supposed to be on a month long trip to China. Which of course has been cancelled.So since COVID is still rampant it is always on my mind. I also worry about my grandchildren and school. One is learning virtually, the other is in brick and mortar!
The only thing I can say is thank goodness we are all safe and healthy.

My brother is a Florida resident and he has been in NY for quite a number of weeks now.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I know Covid is extremely deadly and widespread. However, it is easy for me to forget about it because I still do not personally know anyone who has gotten it and neither do my family members and close friends know of anyone in our immediate circle. There might be some stories of people who are friends of friends who have gotten it but no one we know directly. In my county, massage centers have re-opened for in person massages and the public schools are opening in early October. Even my sister in Miami, one of the epicenters of Covid, said she feels like they have moved into stage 2 and the public schools are re-opening there in October also.

I know quite a number of people who had it, including one who died - a cousin- one who was hosptialized- a cousin, her husband- 2 other cousins who were sick at home and recovered, and one who did have to go to the emergency room but was released -a cousin- his wife, and my friend and her husband who just were sick with flu like symptoms at home, but all in my former home state of NY. Some live in the city and some in the suburbs and one couple in a country area.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
While I feel the effects of a Covid world every day I sometimes forget. Our next door neighbor is extra cautious and her family walks the neighborhood with masks on. The other day we got their mail by mistake (happens often in my town) so I walked their mail over to them and knocked on the door. The neighbor didn’t open the door and talked to me through their front window. She asked me to leave it in the mailbox. I thought it odd that she didn’t even open the door. Only when I got home did I realize I walked over without a mask on.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I don't know anyone personally who got Covid, but I do have a friend who works in the ICU at Swedish Hospital in Denver, and she said it's a lot of older people with pre-existing conditions (most people over 80 take medications for pre-existing conditions) and the obese (young and old) that get the more severe cases of Covid. COPD goes hand-in-hand with obesity.

Dee is 65 years old, my age, and she is not worried about getting Covid, even though she has been caring for Covid patients since March. She does worry that she can be a carrier and wears a mask around everyone else.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't know anyone personally who got Covid, but I do have a friend who works in the ICU at Swedish Hospital in Denver, and she said it's a lot of older people with pre-existing conditions (most people over 80 take medications for pre-existing conditions) and the obese (young and old) that get the more severe cases of Covid. COPD goes hand-in-hand with obesity.

Dee is 65 years old, my age, and she is not worried about getting Covid, even though she has been caring for Covid patients since March. She does worry that she can be a carrier and wears a mask around everyone else.

I know two people with COPD that are as thin as rails. LOL!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

I know a nurse in one of our organizations and he always wears a mask at the meetings. None of the rest of us do. I assume he is concerned about the possibility of spreading it to all of us, since we are told the masks do not protect the wearer.

We have soon-to-be new neighbors next door and she always wears a mask outside here and in their uncompleted new home: her husband has medical issues. Both are older folks- maybe 70's- not sure.. I stay far from him when they visit the new house, but I do not wear a mask outside (she does) and if I were to go near him or inside their home I would wear one, of course. She has come into my home with one, but I do not wear one in my house.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
My brother is a Florida resident and he has been in NY for quite a number of weeks now.
He must have gone somewhere where he can self quarantine for 2 weeks. If he did not and he is caught there is a $2000 fine. We do not have the time to self quarantine and my son’s house does not have a guest room with an en suite bathroom, which is a requirement! As a retired high school principal I am a rule follower!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
He must have gone somewhere where he can self quarantine for 2 weeks. If he did not and he is caught there is a $2000 fine. We do not have the time to self quarantine and my son’s house does not have a guest room with an en suite bathroom, which is a requirement! As a retired high school principal I am a rule follower!

Yes. Right. He rents a condo in NY for his snowbirding. He and his wife had to self quarantine when they arrived.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Covid seems to dwell in the back of my mind, so while not always what I think of first, there's always a feeling of wariness and concern when I'm out of my home, probably because of my age. I do occasionally hop out of the car on my way into a store, only to have to retreat to grab my mask...but that forgetfulness is also likely age related!

My best escapes are watching an engrossing crime or mystery show like many of the ones on PBS, Amazon or Acorn, or getting lost in a book with compelling characters and a good plot.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I know two people with COPD that are as thin as rails. LOL!

So do I. My best friend is 5’7” and down to 88 pounds when COPD made her vulnerable to MAC. Anther is even taller and had lost 40 pounds with it the last time I saw her.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
COVID is that like a video rental store like blockbuster? Never heard of her.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I really don't ever not think about it. Our dd is working from home. She wouldn't be doing that if where were no Covid. Our older dd has decided not to come visit us over Thanksgiving or Christmas. That wouldn't have happened without Covid. I'm not going to the gym everyday. Again, Covid. We do take out which we never did before. I could go on and on.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have just adjusted to all the changes in lifestyle due to Covid. I do not even connect lifestyle changes to Covid anymore. I am still able to do the things I want to do. More and more places are opening up with adjustments. I feel like I am living the new normal and it does not bother me at all. I do not think about Covid because it is not part of my life or the lives of anyone I know. If I knew people with Covid, perhaps I would have a different perspective. It still feels surreal and like it is someone else’s disease.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Schools opened here for my grandkids. One of the elementary schools had two cases and anyone with close contact is in quarantine but school is open. Hoping fir the best but COVID definitely on my mind

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have just adjusted to all the changes in lifestyle due to Covid. I do not even connect lifestyle changes to Covid anymore. I am still able to do the things I want to do. More and more places are opening up with adjustments. I feel like I am living the new normal and it does not bother me at all. I do not think about Covid because it is not part of my life or the lives of anyone I know. If I knew people with Covid, perhaps I would have a different perspective. It still feels surreal and like it is someone else’s disease.

I only think about it because of the masks which I will not wear if I can help it. The mask thing prevents me from doing some things I would have liked to do, like go out on the MS MT Washington and mail boats (where they require masks on deck), the limited live theater here- you have to wear them throughout the 90 minute play-some of the outdoor crafts fairs, etc.

Also, many of the events I looked forward to- like the Scottish Highland Games and the Freyburg Fair- have been cancelled. Movie theaters, concerts, things like that.

Then I go to get my haircut and they zap me with a thermometer to make sure I don't have a fever. SMH...

I do not consider this normal. I consider it to be pathetic and sad.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do forget abut it sometimes, and then it's "Oh yeah, should put a mask on..." I accidentally returned mail without a mask. like a previous poster - oops! I apologized because I didn't mean to disrespect their concerns. Lately, I have gone out less because I didn't feel like masking, but I miss in-person interaction.

I'm longing to travel more, and keep checking for opportunities, but then have to check for any Covid restrictions. I was hoping to get to Hawaii for our anniversary in Oct, so I have been watching to see if they will lift the 14 day quarantine requirement, but is looks like they won't do that on Oct 1, after all. :-(((((

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I only think about it because of the masks which I will not wear if I can help it. The mask thing prevents me from doing some things I would have liked to do, like go out on the MS MT Washington and mail boats (where they require masks on deck), the limited live theater here- you have to wear them throughout the 90 minute play-some of the outdoor crafts fairs, etc.

Also, many of the events I looked forward to- like the Scottish Highland Games and the Freyburg Fair- have been cancelled. Movie theaters, concerts, things like that.

Then I go to get my haircut and they zap me with a thermometer to make sure I don't have a fever. SMH...

I do not consider this normal. I consider it to be pathetic and sad.

I understand it can be hard to adjust to the new normal. I just do not think about why they are zapping me with a thermometer. I just think it is what it is. I just focus on all the things I can still do and disassociate the new ways of living with Covid. I think about Covid the most when I am on Tug.

Brett

Reaction score
I understand it can be hard to adjust to the new normal. I just do not think about why they are zapping me with a thermometer. I just think it is what it is. I just focus on all the things I can still do and disassociate the new ways of living with Covid. I think about Covid the most when I am on Tug.

I forget about COVID pretty much most of the time except in a store requiring masks

ACC and Big 10 football is back ... with social distancing :)