• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How much do you pay at your salon to do your roots? I was shocked today.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me grateful I have quit coloring my hair and gone gray. In the last week I have had two strangers compliment me on my hair. Several women in my book group quit coloring their hair after seeing my results. I had dark, fast growing hair and I got tired of walking around looking like a skunk. I could not keep up with the constant need to color.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Next week will be round two of my new hair cutter. My gal of 20+ years is 30 minutes away and Cliff has to drive me because of the parking situation and my walking issues. Problem is the new guy has no clue how to handle someone with a bad back. I was in misery getting my hair washed last time. Next time I'm bringing a step stool to have something to put my feet on, or I'm going in with wet hair and letting him figure it out that way. Great hair cut, but at three weeks I was shaggy so I realize my old gal was cutting me short (at my request) so I wasn't shaggy until week 6 (and I'd space appts 7-8 weeks). He is also the same price ($70) as the gal 30 minutes away in a chichi area, and I'd hoped the new price might be more like $50 in our town. So I'll go once more, but I think I see Super Cuts in my future. Either that or put Cliff back on chauffeur duty.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me grateful I have quit coloring my hair and gone gray. In the last week I have had two strangers compliment me on my hair. Several women in my book group quit coloring their hair after seeing my results. I had dark, fast growing hair and I got tired of walking around looking like a skunk. I could not keep up with the constant need to color.
I love the simile. Too true, but I have so much cowlick that you can’t see my roots.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, after hating the trouble of DYI, and disliking even more the $$$ of paying to have it done professionally. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think would I look younger if I colored my full head of grey. So I look away!

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the last few years as I go more grey I have changed my highlights so it grows out fairly naturally. Being quite light it worked. Left it 6 months last year and didn't really notice a root line. Still my hair had less texture and just had no life so I went just after Christmas and had it highlighted again. DOn't remember the exact cost but about $160 which includes highlights. wash, cut and blowdry.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Shampoo, cut, color, style. $120 before tip. And then 90% of the time, I clip it up in the back.