• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many worldmark points are charged per day with an interval international hotel stay?

cpamomma

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking about doing an exchange on Interval International for a hotel for three nights. I can't find where it says how many worldmark points will be taken per night for the hotel exchange. Has anyone done this? Thanks

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
We are thinking about doing an exchange on Interval International for a hotel for three nights. I can't find where it says how many worldmark points will be taken per night for the hotel exchange. Has anyone done this? Thanks
It varies based on the size of unit you select. I believe it takes a full weeks worth of credits. Probably based on Red Season. If you choose to trade for 2BR you get more credit than a 1BR. I pulled this off WMOwners. It’s for weeks But I think the Red Season applies.
The following credits are charged for II/RCI exchanges:

Size...........Red.......Yellow(White).....Green(Blue)
Studio........8000......6000..................4000
1BR............9000......7000..................5000
2BR............10000.....8000..................6000
3BR............12000.....9000..................7000
Flexchange/Instant Exchange

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It varies based on the size of unit you select. I believe it takes a full weeks worth of credits. Probably based on Red Season. If you choose to trade for 2BR you get more credit than a 1BR. I pulled this off WMOwners. It’s for weeks But I think the Red Season applies.
The following credits are charged for II/RCI exchanges:

Size...........Red.......Yellow(White).....Green(Blue)
Studio........8000......6000..................4000
1BR............9000......7000..................5000
2BR............10000.....8000..................6000
3BR............12000.....9000..................7000
Flexchange/Instant Exchange
Isn't this the chart for week long II exchanges? I think the OP is wanting to do some type of Hotel Exchange. A seldom used product offered by II where you can book into hotels by using your timeshare. The best way to determine the number of points is to go through the process and see how many points it wants to charge. I suspect it varies based on a lot of factors.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isn't this the chart for week long II exchanges? I think the OP is wanting to do some type of Hotel Exchange. A seldom used product offered by II where you can book into hotels by using your timeshare. The best way to determine the number of points is to go through the process and see how many points it wants to charge. I suspect it varies based on a lot of factors.
Yes, but you forfeit the entire weeks points if you stay one night or seven nights. The variation is on the size of unit you use and how much extra you have to pay above the fees and points. It’s a terrible use of points

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, but you forfeit the entire weeks points if you stay one night or seven nights. The variation is on the size of unit you use and how much extra you have to pay above the fees and points. It’s a terrible use of points
I agree it is a terrible use of points, but this isn't the same as regular week long exchanges, this is a different program with different requirements. Exchanging into hotels not other timeshares. One just has to search for what is available and see how much it costs to book.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree it is a terrible use of points, but this isn't the same as regular week long exchanges, this is a different program with different requirements. Exchanging into hotels not other timeshares. One just has to search for what is available and see how much it costs to book.
It’s described in a FAQ. You exchange a full week regardless of length of stay.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There are short stays and hotel exchanges. You have to be gold or platinum but you search without being either but before confirming it will make you upgrade your account. You should be able to go through the process for either short stay or hotel exchange and it will tell you in the case of short stay how many points would be required and in the case of hotel exchange what the additional fee plus exchange fee using x number of points, with you designating how many points you want to use.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We haven't ever used credits for anything other than reservations or exchanges. It is interesting that they can be used in II for hotels.

Bill

cpamomma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went through the whole reservation process (other than finalizing it) to see if the points would show. It did not. It just showed my WM account info and said the points would come from that account. It just did not say how much. It is also non-refundable, so once you hit finalize, you are stuck. I will try calling II. I just was trying to avoid a long on-hold wait.

Thanks everyone!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I went through the whole reservation process (other than finalizing it) to see if the points would show. It did not. It just showed my WM account info and said the points would come from that account. It just did not say how much. It is also non-refundable, so once you hit finalize, you are stuck. I will try calling II. I just was trying to avoid a long on-hold wait.

Thanks everyone!
Did it ask you toward the beginning how many points you wanted to search with or use? I believe in the hotel exchange it is on the page after you put in the location and date.

cpamomma

TUG Member
Reaction score
It did not ask for number of points. It just asked which timeshare I wanted it to search with. I only own WM, so that was what I put in. Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Did it ask you toward the beginning how many points you wanted to search with or use? I believe in the hotel exchange it is on the page after you put in the location and date.
WHen I used my Marriott DC points unit to try this. After I select the unit then enter my search criteria, the screen that shows the results seems to indicate points available for exchange. I don't know where it gets this number from. We have no elected points this year, but I also suspect they aren't doing a real time check to Marriott and will simply try to validate your points/week for deposit. Some of the hotels are just the amount of points and some also have additional cash consideration;
1653508205242.png

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes that is how mine look too. I am wondering if hers doesn't because Worldmark can exchange with either points or by depositing a week maybe the system assumes it is a weeks deposit.